Guild Hall Creation System

For discussion on integrating the players, areas, code, and cool stuff from Homeland into TorilMUD. All discussion welcome.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Guild Hall Creation System

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:33 am

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL*

This would be a great addition and a definite sink hole to give value to the Toril economy.

-B aka Nazma
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:52 am

I beleive Guildhalls go in when menzo does
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:57 am

It's the creation system I'm referring to. Players could buy rooms and write the description and ansi. Could also buy golems, fountains, and other stuff.

What does association guild halls have to do with Menzo?

-B aka Nazma
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:19 am

I was being sarcastic, we have been wanting guild halls back for many years
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:14 am

oh yah heh...miax menzo ROFLMAO...just caught it...sorry I'm tired...lol, we had Menzo on Homeland
Dartok
Sojourner

Postby Dartok » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Just snag the Homeland guildhall code and put it in. Wasn't unbalancing, gave people a place to spend their money, highly customizable with ansi/room descs.... People's personal rooms were funny. I think at one point the golems of the Oo9 guildhall were actually the 3west equivalent since we had the only weller.

Allycis
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:11 pm

Ooooooh... guild halls, big plat sinks, combined with natural disasters. They could keep us BROKE!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:06 pm

Menzo is in =)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:31 am

Guildhall code is coming. OLC is a big priority, which will allow them.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
cefiw
Sojourner

Postby cefiw » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am

what are we looking at for cost on guildhalls?
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:53 am

Any update on guild halls? I actually think this would be the biggest driver to activity on the MUD than Tiamat.

- Tiamat comes in, old people come back, once defeated, then they've conquered the game (again). Unless maybe they want to deck themselves with Tiamat eq, but then my understanding is it goes by some sort of seniority/guild system? But anyways, I don't really know.

But most people who have played for a bit are already guilded, and this would allow them to work for something else besides a completed eq set. Maybe even turn this into an eq sink, so that you also need a x amount of eq points to buy a room as well since plats are already so promenent in the game. Or put tokens that are needed for room creation at end bosses of zones and need certain combo., so that people who are eq'ed would bid on those to build up guild.

Auction is looking pretty sad nowadays too. Would also jumpstart older players bidding away un-used eq to raise funds.

Why do we need to wait for OLC for this to come in place? Isn't this a policy decision, just deciding exactly what it costs to build a guildhall etc? Then at least people can get started on room descriptions etc. and be a normal area work, to be taken over when OLC is implemented.

Would help with old player retention and activity, as I can understand why some older players would neglect the non-super-high-end zones because there's no benefit to doing them and is boring if there's no tangible result. Would help foster competition as well, which is a good thing.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:48 am

I remember Pride's guild hall, it was sweet :) We had our own inn, popped a little closer to WD, but were still in the North. I remember finding the Swamphunter guildhall and thinking about how we could attack it if the bloodwars ever happened.

Guildhalls were cool, I'd run all the way from WD just to use the PoTS inn rather than WD's.

I think it would be a great idea to bring guildhalls back, way back then, the guild badge was the key to get you in. It was transient so if you lost it you were SOL until you could quest a new one.

It would be a huge plat sink and could be made even bigger if individuals within the guild were able to purchase their own rooms. They write the descrip, maybe a storage cache etc. It would only be able to be accessed by the guilded char, but it would make players feel vested in the mud. Sure, I have plenty of time invested, but do I really have anything here that I can call all my own? The code could probably be expanded to player houses. People who are not in a guild could have their own home, or if they have a group of friends, they could go in together and become roommates, they might not be able to afford an inn, but they might be able to build a shop (how fun would it be to run around and get different items so you could sell them from your home business?). The possibilities are endless, but the code is probably pretty difficult.

Shrug, I just plain think it would be fun.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:22 am

i think id very much like a house.

will houses ever come in?

Nilan
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:46 pm

Yes! I wanna break into Stabby's house and steal his mojo!
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.

how

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:26 am

Selias wrote:Menzo is in =)

Could some one explain that to me.. xx(
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:17 pm

Vigis wrote:The code could probably be expanded to player houses. People who are not in a guild could have their own home, or if they have a group of friends, they could go in together and become roommates, they might not be able to afford an inn, but they might be able to build a shop (how fun would it be to run around and get different items so you could sell them from your home business?). The possibilities are endless, but the code is probably pretty difficult.

Shrug, I just plain think it would be fun.

I remember a certain guild that had a shop...

I always lusted over one of those rings. *sigh* Never had the plat.
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Re: how

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:00 pm

orange2049 wrote:

Menzowhatever, the drow home from Salvatore's books. Very similar. lts of quests... it has "houses" for different drow families

and wtf is up w/ ya sig, you just an advertisement?
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Vigis
Sojourner

Re: how

Postby Vigis » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Hsoj wrote:
orange2049 wrote:

Menzowhatever, the drow home from Salvatore's books. Very similar. lts of quests... it has "houses" for different drow families

and wtf is up w/ ya sig, you just an advertisement?

ROFL Hsoj! Pretty sure Orange2049 is an advertising bot :) It fooled me on the first couple of posts I saw until I saw all of the posts and the sig.

BTW, if Orange2049 isn't just an advertising bot, I apologize to you :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:04 pm

It is a bot, they use sigs now instead of outright advertising so board administrators don't catch them right away.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “Homeland Player Integration”