So there I am, chatting...

Post all your MUD stories and capture logs here.
Lahgen
Sojourner

So there I am, chatting...

Postby Lahgen » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:30 pm

*snip chat with Sotana*

< 535h/535H 420p/420P 117v/117V >
< P: std > tell ruan yes, but
it'A human adventurer flies in from the east.

< P: std >
Deriv is stunned!
Deriv slumps to the ground.
A human adventurer hits Deriv in the throat, he chokes, gasps, and dies.
Deriv is dead! R.I.P.
Deriv slumps to the ground.
Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Deriv.

el< P: std > l ruan and
Sotana blinks in disbelief.

look adv
eSotana says 'dang it'

A human adventurer starts casting a spell.
A human adventurer completes his spell...
A human adventurer utters the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'
a human adventurer utters a single word and disappears.

Bad Stabby! Bad Bad Bad! :twisted:
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:23 pm

That's what happens when people talk to Sotana, people die.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:19 am

What can I say...I'm a lazy druid. Actually taking groups to zones to kill them is just too fatigueing. This method requires very little effort on my part and obviously works very well. Stop by for a conversation anytime Pril! *whistle*
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:28 am

I have never been killed while talking to sotana i always get killed while following her somewhere.. :wink:
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:56 am

Also, if Sotana ever asks to explore Darkhold.. run away. Very far.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:42 pm

selerial wrote:Also, if Sotana ever asks to explore Darkhold.. run away. Very far.

I'm confident that it can't be worse than a certain DH run I led . . . although . . . she was part of that. :shock:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:17 pm

moritheil wrote:
selerial wrote:Also, if Sotana ever asks to explore Darkhold.. run away. Very far.

I'm confident that it can't be worse than a certain DH run I led . . . although . . . she was part of that. :shock:

Heh, most things aren't as bad as ANY run you've led Mori!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:35 pm

there hasn't been a really epic spank in quite a while... thanks rogues!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, the rogues are getting better - but with the exception of Ramo and Kanenan (and Maxler to a lesser degree), the leaders are also getting more selective and taking players that know what they're doing. No more true n00b leaders like Mori hanging around, not caring if their spank was 150 corpses deep.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:13 pm

rer wrote:Well, the rogues are getting better - but with the exception of Ramo and Kanenan (and Maxler to a lesser degree), the leaders are also getting more selective and taking players that know what they're doing. No more true n00b leaders like Mori hanging around, not caring if their spank was 150 corpses deep.

Hey Rer.. Bite me! Mori groups are the best :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:32 pm

moritheil wrote:

Was that the run where we got locked in the crypts for hours? that was awesome. Did we ever find the real way out of there?
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:36 pm

Duna wrote:
rer wrote:Well, the rogues are getting better - but with the exception of Ramo and Kanenan (and Maxler to a lesser degree), the leaders are also getting more selective and taking players that know what they're doing. No more true n00b leaders like Mori hanging around, not caring if their spank was 150 corpses deep.

Hey Rer.. Bite me! Mori groups are the best :P

Nogs, but he does tend to take anyone and their brother, whether the players know how to play their class or not.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:18 pm

Wow, I'm surprised rer.. While I might pick on both of them mercilessly, I actually have respect for both Mori and Kane and think their groups are often the most fun. I guess I'm not l33t though, or something.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:45 pm

I'm not saying a Mori group is bad. I'm just saying, expect a high Corpse count because he brings along anyone, anywhere.

I'll take anyone to certain zones - namely, Jot - because the risk there isn't as great and it's a good chance for them to learn. Plus, it's an easy enough zone to lead that I can offer suggestions and advice to n00bs at the same time.

A zone like Izans or SPOB, however, needs to have more experienced players - people who know what they are doing and don't need to have their hands held. They don't need to be l33t players, but they do need to have experience and be trustworthy to stay at keys. Those are zones where there's too much going on for the leader to keep track of every player.

Those are the cases that Mori could stand to be more selective.

Or you could just put me on trial for misunderstandings.

BTW: I know Mori IRL - we went to HS together - and I'll always join his groups and will always have fun doing so.
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:47 pm

rer wrote:No more true n00b leaders like Mori hanging around, not caring if their spank was 150 corpses deep.

I think this was the sentence I was reacting to. Perhaps what you mean is that Mori will lead groups with "n00bs" in it, but it sounded more like Mori was a n00b leader. And I'm sure he does care how many corpses pile up...... the more the better! j/k ;+)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:55 pm

He meant Mori leads noobs mori is by far not a noob himself.

Pril
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:59 am

rer wrote:I'm not saying a Mori group is bad. I'm just saying, expect a high Corpse count because he brings along anyone, anywhere.

I'll take anyone to certain zones - namely, Jot - because the risk there isn't as great and it's a good chance for them to learn. Plus, it's an easy enough zone to lead that I can offer suggestions and advice to n00bs at the same time.

A zone like Izans or SPOB, however, needs to have more experienced players - people who know what they are doing and don't need to have their hands held. They don't need to be l33t players, but they do need to have experience and be trustworthy to stay at keys. Those are zones where there's too much going on for the leader to keep track of every player.

Those are the cases that Mori could stand to be more selective.

Or you could just put me on trial for misunderstandings.

BTW: I know Mori IRL - we went to HS together - and I'll always join his groups and will always have fun doing so.

Well that's why we disagree.. if it wasn't for Mori I'd have never been to a zone yet.. see I'm a n00b. I admit it freely. I don't know what to do in most zones, so i will usually ask.. don't like it.. tough. I figure it's better to ask than act like i know what i'm doing and get people killed.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:21 am

*clap* Duna

I've always felt put off by leaders who think people have to know every single little thing about playing and about how they lead. Shrug, doesn't mean I won't follow them, but Dranix hears a lot of cussing coming from my desk, hehe.

I've always thought that if you don't know how to do something somewhere, because every zone strategy is different and every leader has their own way of doing things, you shouldn't be afraid to ask.

But then of course my zoneable character is an invoker and you can play the damn class half asleep, drunk of your ass, hands tied behind your back, and blind :P

Which makes me think that Agor must have more problems that are worse than that....

*duck*

Lub you hon!
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:28 am

Jenera wrote:*clap* Duna

I've always felt put off by leaders who think people have to know every single little thing about playing and about how they lead. Shrug, doesn't mean I won't follow them, but Dranix hears a lot of cussing coming from my desk, hehe.

I've always thought that if you don't know how to do something somewhere, because every zone strategy is different and every leader has their own way of doing things, you shouldn't be afraid to ask.

But then of course my zoneable character is an invoker and you can play the damn class half asleep, drunk of your ass, hands tied behind your back, and blind :P

Which makes me think that Agor must have more problems that are worse than that....

*duck*

Lub you hon!

*blush* thanks ;)
Lub you too hon!
And yer right... Agor does have more problems that are worse than that :P
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:45 am

Jenera wrote:hands tied behind your back, and blind :P

oo!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:16 am

Combat Leadership:

* Familiarize all team memebers with the area: terrain, routes, likely encounters, hazards, and pertinent local information, politics, culture, etc.

* Ensure team members are properly equipped to deal with mission tasks and possibly extended excursions into area of operations.

* Throughly brief all members with mission objectives, planning notes, routes, roles, and ensure each member has a backup that knows the other's job.

* Training, training, training, training, training, planning, training, training, training, scouting, training, execution.

- That's all before even getting to where you're trying to go.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:48 am

Also, noobs should know.

1. Don't go afk!

2. If you must go afk, don't do so without at least letting leader know about it.

3. DON'T DECIDE TO DO IT DURING SPELLUP!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:25 am

This thread is awesome. I love you guys! :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:00 am

rer wrote:BTW: I know Mori IRL - we went to HS together - and I'll always join his groups and will always have fun doing so.

From time to time Mori and Rer hold hands and kiss in front of Pril to make him feel jealous. *whistle*
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:05 pm

They do, it hurts right here *pat heart* *sniff*
moritheil
Sojourner

Re:

Postby moritheil » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:52 am

This thread is still awesome.

Maedor wrote:
moritheil wrote:

Was that the run where we got locked in the crypts for hours? that was awesome. Did we ever find the real way out of there?

If I remember correctly, we got stuck in some looped !TELE rooms and waited for a staff member to trans us out. I never did hear about whether they fixed it and I resolved to stay out of that part of the zone in the future.
Shaiith
Sojourner

Re: Re:

Postby Shaiith » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:24 pm

moritheil wrote:If I remember correctly, we got stuck in some looped !TELE rooms and waited for a staff member to trans us out. I never did hear about whether they fixed it and I resolved to stay out of that part of the zone in the future.

Areas once said that those rooms are !broken, the zone is functioning was intended, but don't use items from the zone to summon dragons in Waterdeep, that would be bad...

especially if you used a bug in storage caches to duplicate a !rent item and summon multiple dragons because you stayed up for 24 hours in those rooms waiting for a crash...

ahhh good memories (or maybe it was rentable back then, I forget)

Return to “Logs”