Give peace a chance!

Post all your MUD stories and capture logs here.
Thrand
Sojourner

Give peace a chance!

Postby Thrand » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:11 pm

< T: Lopi TC: few scratches E: elf EC: excellent P: std > look
A Thick Forest of Evergreens
Room size: Huge (L:100 ft W:120 ft H:50 ft)
Exits: -N -S
An elven bard stands here, fighting YOU!

< 404h/433H 203v/359V >
< T: Lopi TC: few scratches E: elf EC: excellent P: std >
look
An elven bard , in a show of awesome skill, manages to trip up himself!

< 405h/433H 204v/359V >
< T: Lopi TC: few scratches E: elf EC: excellent P: std > A Thick Forest of Evergreens
Room size: Huge (L:100 ft W:120 ft H:50 ft)
Exits: -N -S
An elven bard is lying here, fighting YOU!

This is/was the DS peace room.

Is this a mistake ?
If it is not a mistake, should you post about such changes ?

If it is not a mistake and you dont think you should post about
such changes are you taking your medication ?

Thanks for your time and help :)
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:12 pm

I do not believe that room was ever flagged as a peace room, however, I have been wrong in the past.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:13 pm

I do not believe that room was ever flagged as a peace room, however, I have been wrong in the past.

[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:18 pm

That room was absolutely a peace room. Was the only sanctuary for a lich. Now that's gone too :( When ppl would drag global tracking aggs, that's the only escape for the lich really, unless I wanna lose all my pets. I petitioned this last night and was told to ask Areas. Please flag it back to peace.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Mon May 01, 2006 12:52 pm

This room was changed due to it being used to twink mobs. Just as large amounts of single file rooms were removed due to people using them to twink things.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Time to set up a speedwalk to the Hostel!
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon May 01, 2006 4:55 pm

ALL FIGHTS MUST BE DONE WITH 15-MAN COOKIE CUTTER GROUPS!!! STOP TRYING TO BE CREATIVE!!!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon May 01, 2006 10:01 pm

Why bother logging in! You know you'll either gain or lose xp. You know you'll either win or lose bids. You know you'll enjoy the failed 10th circle timesinks, the ferry timesinks, the CR crawls. *sigh*

Hey, I was cynical :P But seriously, why is it anytime someone's creative, the ENTIRE mud population ends up paying? (global eq stat changes, more mobs added to a fight, etc.) The blanket 'fix all' only stops a select few, but hurts all. When school's out or some other reason that I'd be afk, I'd like a close spot to afk w/o worry that someone drags a dragon from UD (happened before) or that bastard human adventurer from DS that globally tracks, etc. into my room and aggs me by area.

Fix mob AI where they won't stand like a dumbass in a peace room. Make them more creative and summon or whatever

Mobs melee you while casting, especially dim door or summon, mobs can cast area spells in one way rooms, it goes on and on what mobs do over players. I don't see 1 single room of sanctuary that big of a deal at all. The next logical thing to do is drag a mob tracking to a hometown and stay within that parameter. The logic isn't going to change. You only force the tactics to get even Kraft macaroni cheesier!

*only addressing the reasoning for changing of the room flag, not any staff member.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Mon May 01, 2006 10:33 pm

Here's a better idea. Remove all peace rooms. It's a dumb concept anyway. :P

"Hello Mr. Demon. I know you followed me all this way, but isn't this a nice little patch of earth? Why don't we grab a bite to eat. Then when we leave, we can commence with killing each other again."
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon May 01, 2006 11:04 pm

In all fairness, peace is somewhat of a silly concept. However, its just as silly as one-way rooms and khanjaris. I think they are fine from a gameplay perspective, if a bit unrealistic. At least area-builders haven't overused them like some other features in the game.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 am

Regarding one-ways - I think it was in another thread..the silliness of an ogre with a 2hander, and he can't even fit by an _ant_
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 02, 2006 3:15 am

Branthur wrote:Here's a better idea. Remove all peace rooms. It's a dumb concept anyway. :P ..

I think it's kinda ok in an area called Druid Sanctuary, but as for a room being so powerful, you are actually prevented from attacking something, yeah :P Maybe a better descript would be there's some sort of odor or something making you sleepy and peaceful. Yet then it wouldn't make sense for the tracking mob to just sit there. It'd forget what the heck its mad.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue May 02, 2006 7:54 am

Oghma wrote:I do not believe that room was ever flagged as a peace room, however, I have been wrong in the past.

ORLY?

PostMonger wrote:When school's out or some other reason that I'd be afk, I'd like a close spot to afk w/o worry that someone drags a dragon from UD (happened before) or that bastard human adventurer from DS that globally tracks, etc. into my room and aggs me by area.

There is the Camp command.

There is an inn in VT.

You chose to be a lich, deal w/ the consequences.

I manage to go afk in plenty of random places and never get attacked, I'm fairly sure you could figure out places to hang out where people aren't going to drag things.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue May 02, 2006 4:28 pm

Tasan wrote:
Oghma wrote:I do not believe that room was ever flagged as a peace room, however, I have been wrong in the past.

ORLY?

PostMonger wrote:When school's out or some other reason that I'd be afk, I'd like a close spot to afk w/o worry that someone drags a dragon from UD (happened before) or that bastard human adventurer from DS that globally tracks, etc. into my room and aggs me by area.

There is the Camp command.

There is an inn in VT.

I manage to go afk in plenty of random places and never get attacked, I'm fairly sure you could figure out places to hang out where people aren't going to drag things.

Hey, I tried that by hanging out in the Ghore palace for a couple days, and look how that turned out!
Alarm Bells wrote:Invasion!
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 02, 2006 9:20 pm

MisterHappy wrote:There is the Camp command.

There is an inn in VT.

Peace rooms been in the game for years. Don't see anything wrong with them remaining. If the rooms are not for afk'g what are they? Any class with pet(s) may not wish to part with them, or maybe someone just wants to be a relo target *shrug* Heck, we even have RDF guards that are supposedly justice and still KILL the citizens with their damned hitall all instead of just 'hitall'

There's nothing wrong with having peace rooms. What is bad is when players get things downgraded etc for perfectly legal tactics. Unless this is a FIC mud, there will always be strategy. I mean, who follows leaders who are known to endlessly slaughter cuz they have poor judgement or tactics?
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed May 03, 2006 3:48 am

Thilindel wrote: I mean, who follows leaders who are known to endlessly slaughter cuz they have poor judgement or tactics?

Hrmm.. never been in a Morigroup have ya? :P There are alot of the same people in his groups.. and there are always lots of corpses :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 03, 2006 4:02 am

Yeah, but mori's a good leader, he just picks 'fresh' ppl often to give them a chance. Yields a lot of spankies! :P
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 am

Thilindel wrote:The blanket 'fix all' only stops a select few, but hurts all.

It doesn't stop us at all, we are really quite creative. It just stops you from getting as much loot as us because you can't copy our tactics while we invent new ones :P I appreciate rewarding initiative and ideas like this totally!

Thilindel wrote:Yeah, but mori's a good leader, he just picks 'fresh' ppl often to give them a chance. Yields a lot of spankies! :P

Bbbbbbbbbahahahahah hahaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahaha
*taunt moritheil*
You have him all wrong, he just loves to kill you over and over until you cry, he is a bad bad man!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 03, 2006 4:10 pm

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:35 pm

Both views have been advocated for so long! Which is right?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Wow.. Mori must have been bored today...

*tease*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'

Return to “Logs”