What I wonder about 2.0

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Ambar
Sojourner

What I wonder about 2.0

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:07 pm

Is that for people like me who dont play D&D .. and really dont have much racial stats knowlege .. how am I going to fare when the time comes to reroll my characters. I may make GRAVE errors in stats allocation with my lvl 50's where if they were brand new I may not care, cause they were brand new.

I know when new people log on and have stats questions, they are helped and many make the decision to reroll. I wont want to do that (again) with a lvl 50 already established and quested mage per say.

Are the guides going to be so well written that folks liek me will be ok? Or will there be help in the stat allocation process..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:49 pm

I thought I read somewhere that we'll be permitted a time of adjustment where we can tweak our chars until they're what we want. Basically so if you do make an error, you'll be allowed to fix it. :-)

In addition there are plenty of players around that are not only familiar with 3.0/3.5 they practically breathe it. I'm familiar enough where I'm looking forward to it, but trust me, I have my concerns too! *grin*

If you need help Jen, give me a holler, or grab one of the guys that keeps bouncing around the boards. If I don't know the answer, I have books to look it up, or brains to pick.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:19 pm

There will be a means available by which you can, essentially, restart your character's configuration. While you won't have unlimited opportunities to restart, we do still intend to allow everybody some room for error.
Eilistraee
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:17 pm

good to hear eli.. thanks for asking the question ambar, i was really worried about this too. although i don't have many 50s, i'd hate to ruin the ones i do have.

i was going to just create and delete a bunch of level ones to get a feel for the whole 2.0 character creation process.

one quick question to add though, since i've just recently started playing icewind dale 2. will the 2.0 character creation be similliar to what is used in Icewind Dale?
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Gantoris
Sojourner

Postby Gantoris » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:06 am

How is character creation done in Icewindale 2?
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:03 am

Gantoris wrote:How is character creation done in Icewindale 2?

Basic point buy outlined in the Players Handbook, if I remember correctly.

If I understand it correctly, then it will be extremely similar, though not identical (racial mods will be added after buying stats, rather than before, and it will be a 100+ point system, rather than a 20+)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:35 pm

This board exists to address the problem of teaching people intelligent stat allocation. :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”