Toril 2.0 Open Beta

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Toril 2.0 Open Beta

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:00 pm

As I can see then a lot of 2.0 is coded, but mabye not finished. Mabye the time has come to make an open beta on another port? I'd love to test it, even if it means it crashes and lags and charwipe every 5 minutes. Even if it means you get prerolled chars where you can't even choose race nor class.

I would like to suggest that you open a beta, the sooner the better. It will be self regulating, if it crashes too much nobody will play there.

And I am not at all worried about the feebback a bata would generate.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 pm

As was stated in another thread (in gameplay I think) most are of the agreement that it would completely destroy what pbase we have left. If everyone's messing with the beta, who's going to be on prime mud to do stuff? It'd really fracture things a bit to much just being implimented like that.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 am

I think I'd much rather see 2.0 come in on the main MUD and let the kinks get worked out as we play. I'll probably roll a new character when it comes in to get a feel for the system though.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:24 pm

Perhaps 2.0 would benefit from some testing by old, retired players who are not currently engaged in playing Toril on the main port.

>.>
<.<
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:14 am

I would seriously support retired players beta testing. That's one of the best ideas ever to cross this forum
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:38 am

Gormal wrote:I would seriously support retired players beta testing. That's one of the best ideas ever to cross this forum

Can someone contact Corth and see if he can beta test the new afk system?
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Bah! Rags just wants to play before the rest of us... wait, I'm retired too.

Great idea!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Gormal wrote:I would seriously support retired players beta testing. That's one of the best ideas ever to cross this forum

Especially if they have extensive experience playing 3.5 D&D.

>.>
<.<

C'mon Shev, what do you say? My eyes are getting tired from being so shifty.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:41 am

Yeh, people that don't even play Toril should definately be able to give the most feedback on Toril2 *boggle*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:40 am

emot slaps sarell.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:07 am

Sarell wrote:Yeh, people that don't even play Toril should definately be able to give the most feedback on Toril2 *boggle*

Yeah, definately would be a bad idea to get the opinions of disaffected players.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:49 pm

I think it would be good to get their opinions aswell, however not at the expense of people who actually play not getting a shot. It was hypothesized that having an open beta would kill the population of the regular mud or split it. I think the open beta would have all the players and probably some of the people who don't play anymore aswell. Why try to rekindle something with only a select bunch who don't even play the game in its current state? Most people playing now are totally hanging to try out Toril2 as opposed to not playing it at first available chance.

The opinions of people who play Toril are as important as the opinions of those that play DnD 3.5 I think. If we are just trying to create a new game and don't care what our current players think, then where are the players for Toril2 going to come from? WoW? I think not. Old players all suddenly rekindled? Less likely, than keeping players who actually do play toril now I would think; especially in terms of future retention after the beta glory wears thin.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:36 am

I am a retired player with extensive experience with 3.5 >_>

Um...

Yes?
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 pm

what about a beta test weekend, like an event. it'll kill the mud pbase for like a day or two but it'd probably get the people who play here usually and the semi or fully retired people something to sink their teeth on and check out.. and it wouldnt kill the mud cuz it would only be up for like a day or two.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Then there will be all the complaints when the toy is taken away from us while they make fixes.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Lilira wrote:Then there will be all the complaints when the toy is taken away from us while they make fixes.

Just let them do what 95% of developers do in games these days. Release the product as a "finished"(beta) product. Then we play and test as we go. Best of both worlds.

Of course, then the big complaint will be when the patch is due out. :(
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”