2.0 Pwipe/EQ Opinion Poll!

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion

If you had your say, you would opt for:

No pwipe or EQ poof
59%
Pwipe, save eq, but make eq have level requirement
3%
EQ poof only
No votes
Pwipe, saving quest spells and HIGH end eq (w/lvl req.)
8%
Pwipe if we could keep our current (character) stats
3%
EQ wipe if we could keep current (character) stats.
No votes
Pwipe, save one char we can keep at current lvl.
27%

Total votes: 37
Thilindel
Sojourner

2.0 Pwipe/EQ Opinion Poll!

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:23 pm

Post your stance!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Again

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:41 am

Glad you put my pwipe all but one character and his/her eq. Lets players keep their most beloved along with their most cherished eq, eliminates the massive amounts of eq that are around, makes the game of zone and win fun again, promotes more zoning groups to areas (not just spob) (omg spob!), etc, etc.

That was my choice.

Good poll now after seeing all the input in Twyl's pwipe thread.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:03 am

Where's the full pwipe option?
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:23 am

Gormal wrote:Where's the full pwipe option?

Also looking for that option. None of those ones are suitable to me.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 am

Glorishan wrote:

Also looking for that option. None of those ones are suitable to me.

QFT and such
V
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:35 am

Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 am

I guess I should have put the FULL wipe as option, just didn't really think it'd get a vote since so many in the other threads have said if there's a full wipe, they'd never be back. So much work to get quest spells, finish kerns and other massive quests, and to have not one copper to show..it'd suck mightily.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 am

Yeah, except in numerous other threads people are advocating changes to the current reasons why there is so much negativity about loss of equipment, skills(which will be totally different), and exp(which will be totally different).

For every person that says "I will quit if there is a full pwipe", I bet there is one other person that will say "If there isn't a pwipe, I'm only going to mess around with the new system and not really play".
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Tasan wrote:"If there isn't a pwipe, I'm only going to mess around with the new system and not really play".
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Ragorn wrote:funny shit
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:02 pm

So many choices, I can't decide.

I think I'll go with full character/EQ pwipe, followed up with a you-can-only-ever-have-two-characters-in-existence-at-one-time chaser. Take that, Pava!

Edit: I went for the last option 'cause I wanted to see what the vote count stood at. :)
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:22 pm

I haven't read the other thread, but I voted no for the simple fact that I don't have time to level another character up. Hell I still haven't gotten one character to 50 yet. And I mean since I very first started playing.

I'm at a point in my life right now where I don't really have the time to log in and play alot. I like being able to log in and zone when I have time, or just chat if that's all I've got time for.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:10 pm

A couple of those options don't really make much sense...

Pwipe but keep char's stats?
Pwipe but keep EQ?

All stats are vanishing when 2.0 goes in, so that would be moot. If the char is gone, the eq is rather silly to have laying around.

Birile!!! No limit on characters!! *whimper* I'd have to delete too many mages with all quest spells. *whine*

Wiping eq = tons of SPOB runs. Well, at least people would be PLAYING again.

My option isn't a votable one.. so I'd be for an eq-wipe, except for perhaps restrings, then placing level restricts on EQ.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:17 pm

Lilira wrote:A couple of those options don't really make much sense...

Pwipe but keep char's stats?
Pwipe but keep EQ?

All stats are vanishing when 2.0 goes in, so that would be moot. If the char is gone, the eq is rather silly to have laying around.

Pwipe to me means reducing the chars back to lvl 1. Fighting to keep the names you had in case some other player decides to be sneaky and snipe names would rather suck.

And it's not too hard to see keeping a char's stats being relative to what they had. If my dwarf is 70 ac 6/6 nakey, I would assume you could keep that into 2.0. That's what I'm hoping to do, but will just see how it goes. I'm sure they won't let us keep stats anyhow!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Thil.. what I've been getting from Shev's posts is that all stats and things relying on them, will be wiped to 50 which is average...

Str: 50
Dex: 50
Con: 50
Int: 50
Wis: 50
Cha: 50

Then we'll be given points to set them the way we want them. Everyone... including pre-existing chars....

For example, I think in 3.5 its usually 36 (don't quote me, I don't feel like looking it up.) After you reach a certain number, you start paying double. Then as you hit certain levels you get more points to assign. But then stats in tabletop don't run quite as high unless you are ungodly levels.. a 25 str is considered to be huge, with 10 being av.

Characters who are level 50 will start at 50 and get (pulling a number out of thin air here folks) 230 points to assign to their stats. Then the racial stuff will apply (I hope, though I might have that in the wrong order).

If I'm off base Shevarash, please whap me, but that's what I understand will happen. So really any hopes of anyone keeping their stats need to be dashed right now. Anyone wanting the stats they had before will have to actually build them on their own as there will no longer be any benevolent stat roller. Period. At all. Rolling characters is done. Its now creating characters. *grin*

Info based on Toril 2.0: Character Attributes as well as some personal experience at playing tabletop.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:41 am

Duna wrote:I don't have time to level another character up.

Nobody knows how much time it will take, so I don't know what kinda figure you're just coming up with.

I doubt Shev even knows how long it will really take.

Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:08 pm

What a stupid topic. I didn't vote either due to wanting a full wipe, which I think might even possibly be the popular vote these days.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:47 pm

Thilindel wrote:So much work to get quest spells, finish kerns and other massive quests, and to have not one copper to show..it'd suck mightily.

And there's the definition of almost every video game on the market... except once you finish them you're down to the tune of 30-60 dollars (not to mention the cost of the system).

I heard they were going to stop producing video games entirely due to the extreme lack of interest in buying new ones.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Totally. It's so much work to actually PLAY the game... usually I prefer to just load up saved games for games I've already finished, and walk around looking at my equipment.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Lilira wrote:For example, I think in 3.5 its usually 36 (don't quote me, I don't feel like looking it up.) After you reach a certain number, you start paying double. Then as you hit certain levels you get more points to assign. But then stats in tabletop don't run quite as high unless you are ungodly levels.. a 25 str is considered to be huge, with 10 being av.

Not exactly. In tabletop point buy, your stats start at below average (8) and you pay 1 or whatever your bonus is, whichever is greater. Thus when raising a stat from 8 to 14, it's 1 point per increase since your stat modifier is always +1 or less. At 14, your stat modifier becomes +2, so you pay 2. At 16, it becomes +3, at 18, +4, and so on.

36 points is quite a bit to start with, though not unheard of. 32 or 28 are considered standard point buys to offer. You're dead on with regard to increasing your stats; that happens every 4 levels in tabletop (which would be every 10 levels if converted to a 50-level system here.)

Also note that all the point buy stuff is done before racial modifiers. Thus, while 10 is average for a human, even a below-average troll or giant (say, strength 8 coming out of point buy) will wind up with a strength far above average for a human (racial modifier of +8 is pretty typical, for a result of 16.) A 25 strength wouldn't be considered huge at all for a titan, dragon, balor, or hecatonchieres. Everything is relative.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:59 pm

I take it back, I did have full wipe listed, it didn't take. I had FULL cap'd even :P Ah well.

The only thing I'm not wanting to do is go rush for the rares in getting quests, cuz with 300+ ppl playing again, even if 15% are the high end players, there's 45 ppl that will be rushing for the same damned rare. Gawd, I hate rares.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Thilindel wrote:cuz with 300+ ppl playing again

I think you need to tailor your expectations down a bit. I doubt we will have even 150 at peak times even if some of the old folks come back.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”