tick tock

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
tirall
Sojourner

tick tock

Postby tirall » Sat May 05, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm anxious for *some* kind of an update on progress...
Will it be this year? 2008? Next month? Tomorrow?
Everwars 2 has begun. Come join the battle! http://scohn.playeverwars.com
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat May 05, 2007 4:40 pm

It'll be in before 2057. 100% sure.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat May 05, 2007 5:03 pm

100% sure eh?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat May 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I remember when the goal was Christmas. :P
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat May 05, 2007 7:56 pm

The goal *was* Christmas. That was before I found out we were expecting, before a job change, before familial issues and before quite a few other life-changing events. The goal now is to be done with the initial "2.0" phase some time before the soon-in-coming baby goes off to college!

All sarcasm aside, work is still progressing albeit at a slower pace now than it was. I accept partial responsibility for the slow down because I am simply unable to do as much of the filler type work that ties up loose ends than ever before due to ... well, an ever expanding belly and the inability to sit in my computer chair for much time at all. Shevy still does most of the coding and Eili and other of the staff do hardcore support work. It is coming. The goal date has been pushed back, but since our lives keep changing, it is a must for us to adapt our personal goals (which include the mud) to fit into the slots where they should be.

Some of you may know that the fabulously talented author George R. R. Martin is expecting his latest work to be "done soon" and has been for more than a year now. I'll paraphrase him when I say: Updates have been plentiful and frequent (and to the best of our ability, thorough.) However, once you give so many and can't seem to find the right words for the next one, you stop giving them or at least stop giving them as frequently. To quote him directly, "The truth is, these updates do make me feel like a twelve-year old trying to explain to teacher why he isn't turning in his essay, and knowing she isn't going to buy the "dog ate my homework" ruse any more than you guys do. The only update that I want to write is the one that says, "[TORIL 2.0] is done." That's the one you want, and that's the one that I want to write... "

We aren't saying that you won't be seeing any more updates, we enjoy giving information to you all, but we are saying ... basically, when it's imminent, you'll be informed. :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon May 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Shar wrote:We aren't saying that you won't be seeing any more updates, we enjoy giving information to you all, but we are saying ... basically, when it's imminent, you'll be informed. :)

Cool. In the meantime, what's going on with shamans, anti-paladins, paladins, rangers, dire raiders, druids, psionicists, bards and battlechanters? Oh, and liches? (Did I miss any of the "different" classes?) After all, as Shev puts it:

Shevarash wrote:It's nearing time for some more class related information, you're right.
(posted March 27, 2007)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue May 08, 2007 6:29 pm

Shar wrote:The goal date has been pushed back...

This statement would imply that there is a goal date.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 08, 2007 8:15 pm

Grats on the baby tho, sh(ev/ar)!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue May 08, 2007 9:46 pm

No need to reinvent the wheel. I am here to help. For the benefit of our staff, stolen from the <a href="http://icc.starflight3.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=eOUzxEQmsN8cM8,NJIGqZyG5Qfa&board=8.0">Starflight III</a> message board, where development has been slowly progressing since the late 90's:

[insert response about life vs spare time here]
[insert response about small team/not enough of x position here]
[insert response about starting anew due to old system being incomprehensible here]
[insert response about estimation of time being difficult here]
[insert some sarcastic response about impatience here]
[insert some complaint about how daddy never believed in us, so we need you to believe in us more than ever right now]
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed May 09, 2007 7:18 am

Wait, is this the thread about Duke Nukem Forever?
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 09, 2007 1:51 pm

Corth wrote:No need to reinvent the wheel. I am here to help. For the benefit of our staff, stolen from the <a href="http://icc.starflight3.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=eOUzxEQmsN8cM8,NJIGqZyG5Qfa&board=8.0">Starflight III</a> message board, where development has been slowly progressing since the late 90's:

ROFL

You read that too, eh?

Starflight was one of the games I played together with my dad when I was a wee lad. I've been on the edge of my seat for SFIII to be released since... high school.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed May 09, 2007 4:11 pm

Heheh, yeah I am a starflight fan, and a patient one at that. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri May 11, 2007 4:01 am

understandable, truthfully noones paying you to do the work you've done so far so it's not like we really should be expecting anything, but alas.. I just want to log onto these boards.. or shoot.. log on to the mud to check in (which i occasionally do) and see.. TORIL 2.0! but I dont know.. it's gonna be tough :P to keep people super interested when the thing that was supposed to be, just isn't. I wish you the best of luck with the new addition to the family, i'm sure that's quite alot to deal with in itself :). And again, I thank you for the work you've put in.. hopefully it'll be in quick enough to keep the few people who log on all the time (me, not included there) interested enough to stick around for however long it's gonna take.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

Birile wrote:Cool. In the meantime, what's going on with shamans, anti-paladins, paladins, rangers, dire raiders, druids, psionicists, bards and battlechanters? Oh, and liches? (Did I miss any of the "different" classes?) After all, as Shev puts it:

Sorry for the delay. I think we've covered Rangers pretty well already, but the rest of those classes you listed could certainly use some information posted. I will get something posted this week.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm

In response to the many comments:

I understand you're all impatient for Toril 2.0 to be done, as am I. I can only say that it is is under development and is very close to being finished.

This project is not vaporware, and honestly hasn't been in development long enough to start getting DNF comparisons.

I'm not going to make excuses about the length of time it takes to get this done. Toril 2 is a huge project being done by a volunteer staff and it will get done as fast as it possibly can given the circumstances. I hope you can remain patient.

I do apologize for the lack of communication in the last month or so, and I will work to rectify that.

Thank you for your patience.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:18 am

It's best to go play different games until any type of update is made to this game.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:37 am

It's best to join shadowscream maggots :|
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:38 pm

Dalar wrote:It's best to go play different games until any type of update is made to this game.

To each their own. That might be the right path for you, but there is still an enormous amount of content and engaging game play to be found in Toril. Just because you personally are tired of it does not mean it is no longer worth anybody else's time.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 pm

oh and in case interested parties haven't seen it...

go check out the Announcement forum as there is a lovely update regarding EXP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Shevarash wrote:This project is not vaporware, and honestly hasn't been in development long enough to start getting DNF comparisons.

Hahahaha! Classic.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:03 am

Shevarash wrote:
Dalar wrote:It's best to go play different games until any type of update is made to this game.

To each their own. That might be the right path for you, but there is still an enormous amount of content and engaging game play to be found in Toril. Just because you personally are tired of it does not mean it is no longer worth anybody else's time.

Right. I should have reworded that saying "If you guys are just going to keep bugging them about 2.0 changes, pick up a different hobby while you wait because pestering them for updates doesn't speed up the project".
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Shevarash wrote:

Stop kidding yourself, there's no new content here. Its pretty sad to me, as I wanted a reason to come back. I can't even bring myself to play it bores me so much now.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Gormal wrote:
Shevarash wrote:

Stop kidding yourself, there's no new content here. Its pretty sad to me, as I wanted a reason to come back. I can't even bring myself to play it bores me so much now.

He didn't say there was new content, he said there's an enormous amount of content. Many of you may be bored with it enough to not play, but his statement holds true--Toril's a pretty big MUD.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Gormal wrote:Stop kidding yourself, there's no new content here. Its pretty sad to me, as I wanted a reason to come back. I can't even bring myself to play it bores me so much now.

I think you need to read what I wrote again. I'm sorry you're bored with Toril, have fun with WoW.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Gormal wrote:I remember when the goal was Christmas. :P

Christmas of what year, though? ;)

Shevarash wrote:I think we've covered Rangers pretty well already,

We have? Did I miss something?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Corth wrote:Meanwhile... herds of buffalo

That's <i>fluffalo</i>.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:09 am

I wonder if we should disclose that 2.0 is open .. to those who dont whine bitch moan or complain :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:20 am

Ambar wrote:I wonder if we should disclose that 2.0 is open .. to those who dont whine bitch moan or complain :)

No one would get in...

Kordon
Sojourner

Postby Kordon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:00 pm

i would :-), i'm still a newb, so i'm not bored with it yet
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi! Last update was June 26th in regard to Sorcerers, from what I can tell (I may be wrong). That was almost 3 months ago! :)

How about a little love, Shev?

Psionicists, Druids, Bards/Battlechanters, Shamans, Liches, Dire Raiders (don't worry about Rangers, nobody cares about Rangers--Oh, hi Sarvis, didn't see you there!)...

Or how about a list of Wizard/Sorcerer spells (along with descrips)?
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:31 pm

*perks up*

Bards?

Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'

Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:50 pm

Bards will only be playable when following behind a paladin singing 'Brave Brave Sir Robin'
Eilistraee
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:21 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Bards will only be playable when following behind a paladin singing 'Brave Brave Sir Robin'

Well, seeing as how we haven't had any updates on the Paladin class either... *eyebrow*
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Well given the previous reference, one may infer it involves coconuts.

I could also just be joking :)
Eilistraee
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:33 pm

*swat*

Bad drow!!!!!

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 pm

Eilistraee wrote:I could also just be joking :)

So could I... :wink:
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Well given the previous reference, one may infer it involves coconuts.

I could also just be joking :)

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:36 pm

Liches get entirely new pets in 2.0

Laden Swallows, then you quest to get Unladed swallows I hear.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 am

Bin Laden Swallows?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Bin Laden Swallows?

Only if you promise him 70 virgins if he does!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:20 pm

Birile wrote:Hi! Last update was June 26th in regard to Sorcerers, from what I can tell (I may be wrong). That was almost 3 months ago! :)

How about a little love, Shev?

Psionicists, Druids, Bards/Battlechanters, Shamans, Liches, Dire Raiders (don't worry about Rangers, nobody cares about Rangers--Oh, hi Sarvis, didn't see you there!)...

Or how about a list of Wizard/Sorcerer spells (along with descrips)?

Shev? I even put in a smiley face and you still didn't even respond. :(
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:44 pm

Working on it...there will be some new stuff this week.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:34 am

Shevarash wrote:Working on it...there will be some new stuff this week.

Any news?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Re:

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Fri May 16, 2008 11:29 pm

It'll probably be implemented when I'm off in basic. Damnit.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”