Time Frame?

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Time Frame?

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Thu May 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Been busy with a lot of stuff, haven't had time to visit the mud. Been playing Eve too, pretty cool game, however in a totally different way than this one. Anyway, my point is about two weeks ago I visited the web site to see how 2.0 progress was coming along, and if it was possibly implemented...and was disappointed. I'm starting to wonder if it will be before 2009 that 2.0 will finally take affect.

I believe that many would like a release date, or an approximate date. I know that at least a year ago Shevarash stated that the main coding was done, and only refining was left. So...where is it? Was there a major set back? Maybe it's time to implement a $5 a month fee to play Toril, to buy server hardware, shoes, and the like. Some say they would quit if they had to pay, well fuck them. This is becoming a really long wait.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Birile
Sojourner

Re: Time Frame?

Postby Birile » Thu May 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:Been busy with a lot of stuff, haven't had time to visit the mud. Been playing Eve too, pretty cool game, however in a totally different way than this one. Anyway, my point is about two weeks ago I visited the web site to see how 2.0 progress was coming along, and if it was possibly implemented...and was disappointed. I'm starting to wonder if it will be before 2009 that 2.0 will finally take affect.

I believe that many would like a release date, or an approximate date. I know that at least a year ago Shevarash stated that the main coding was done, and only refining was left. So...where is it? Was there a major set back? Maybe it's time to implement a $5 a month fee to play Toril, to buy server hardware, shoes, and the like. Some say they would quit if they had to pay, well fuck them. This is becoming a really long wait.

We've had an absentee landlord for most of 2008 who is now back and has made much progress in the arena of chastising people when they make any reference to the lack of 2.0. There does not seem to be enough time for an actual response on timeframes and 2.0 updates and the like, except to mention that the wait was not intended and if it were possible to give a timeframe that one would be provided. If you would like a response it may behoove you to violate a BBS rule.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

umm right

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Thu May 08, 2008 8:10 pm

The landlord shouldn't be making misleading statements that hint at the possibility of a date that is in the somewhat near future. I'm not gonna go and search the forum for the exact quote, but I know damn well it was there.

I think the limited pbase would pay or help in any way possible to speed the 2.0 process along, but instead we don't have that option. We are relying on the under staffed skeleton crew that we call the toril mud immortals.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu May 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Nurpy - there have been various setbacks and there's no release date as of now. We are slowly introducing some features of 2.0 while we evaluate how best to proceed to get the whole package finished. I'll announce more soon.

Birile - thanks for answering for me, but please spare me the favor in the future.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 am

Shevarash wrote:Birile - thanks for answering for me, but please spare me the favor in the future.

Aside from the fact that your conduct to this point deserves no favors, I'll do my best to remember this request when the next question asked to you goes unanswered as the majority of the ones asked thus far have similarly gone unanswered. That is, of course, understandable what with your focus on the rules of the BBS or going MIA for months at a time.

If only I were exaggerating.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri May 09, 2008 1:36 am

Birile wrote:
Shevarash wrote:Birile - thanks for answering for me, but please spare me the favor in the future.

Aside from the fact that your conduct to this point deserves no favors, I'll do my best to remember this request when the next question asked to you goes unanswered as the majority of the ones asked thus far have similarly gone unanswered. That is, of course, understandable what with your focus on the rules of the BBS or going MIA for months at a time.

If only I were exaggerating.

Lawyers... Looks like Birile is coming down with a case of the Corths.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 09, 2008 2:10 am

Thanks for keeping me humble Birile! I'll do my best to make sure my conduct lives up to your standards in the future.

Kisses!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri May 09, 2008 4:38 am

Shevarash wrote:Thanks for keeping me humble Birile! I'll do my best to make sure my conduct lives up to your standards in the future.

Kisses!

Ditto.

Za-ZING.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Shevarash wrote:Thanks for keeping me humble Birile! I'll do my best to make sure my conduct lives up to your standards in the future.

Kisses!

Promises promises. Now where's the substance?
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun May 11, 2008 7:03 pm

Birile wrote:

Kisses!

Promises promises. Now where's the substance?

It's a Menzo rareload. *zing*
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Shevarash wrote:Nurpy - there have been various setbacks and there's no release date as of now. We are slowly introducing some features of 2.0 while we evaluate how best to proceed to get the whole package finished. I'll announce more soon.

Evaluate best how to get the whole package finished? I understand the slowly introducing part, especially the "slowly".

Before you were saying its 90% done, now we've gone to evaluating how to get it done? What exactly has come up that requires evaluating?

I'd like some further explanation, because unless I'm missing something (which I could be), the evaluation process was over, 2.0 was imminent, just needed some finishing touches. Now it seems as if some major malfunction dealing with the implementation has occurred and we have to figure out how to fix it.

At least that is how I perceived your response, if I'm wrong please clarify.

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 pm

Nurpy -

The remaining 10% is what is left to evaluate. Unfortunately that last 10% is often the hardest in software development.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Sat May 17, 2008 12:12 am

Okay....no release date...how about an update? Haven't had one in a year at least..

I understand RL issues are hampering progress, but some kind of vague figure of how long this is going to take would really take some doubt out of this. I'd like to know so I could plan for it.

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”