Toril 2.0 concerns.

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Ashod
Sojourner

Toril 2.0 concerns.

Postby Ashod » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:47 pm

So I know that Shev and crew have been working hard to update and change the game we love. I am under the understanding that this is to help keep old players and possibly bring new players to the table. I would love to see this happen. However I think if you continue to use the same old game environment the PBase will continue to diminish to the point where you have maybe 5 people online at anytime if your lucky. I am sure you don't want to see this happen after all the hard work. The addition of 3.5 into the game will proably do alot for the game but at the same time not alot of people are still playing 3.5 D&D. The online gaming world has evolved into a something better IMHO. If you want to bring more players in the game has to have something people want. I think it would be wise to look at some of the online games that are successful and try to implement some of those types of ideas that have made them successful into the game world.

For one. Exping has basicly boiled down now to 2-5 people in a group killing the same circuit of mobs for hours on hours. This eventually is bound to fail. I think for the sake of the game quests that yield experience need to be more present in the game to take away from the mind numbing grind. I am not stating any names but I know for sure that there are classes that run botish type triggers while poeple lead them around to do exp. Yea they are at the keyboard watching just incase but this isn't playing the game this is monitoring it while it plays itself. This sucks.

I believe that soloing needs to be a little more forgiving. Every player currently on the mud with a few acceptions now has an elementalist for solo play. That just sucks.. this needs to be fixed. The argument might be made stating that this is sposed to be a group based mud but if you force people to group for every aspect of the game it will fail. It seemed that the answer that came from this was the elementalist. A solo class. People are gonna wanna solo just as much as group. Need to make more things to do that can be soloed when your friends are not around that is benificial but at the same time doesn't take so much of your time to do that its not worth doing.

Now I understand that this is a free game and that the Shev and his crew who have developed this game do it as a hobby and for free. I know its not all fun and games and it takes alot of time to develop. I just don't want to see a revised toril developed and it fall on its face because it didn't evolve with the times.
daggaz
Sojourner

Re: Toril 2.0 concerns.

Postby daggaz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:13 pm

There's a thread about groups and xp in the 2.0 section. Pretty much nails this on the head..
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm

there are many things that can be solo'd with a small group of friends..
you just need the right gear...........
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:21 am

Kissa wrote:can be solo'd with a small group of friends.

Epic fail.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 am

I solo Tiamat with 29 of my closest friends.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:08 am

Gormal wrote:I solo Tiamat with 29 of my closest friends.

Gormal thinks he has friends.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Yeah, specially since he only has 8 fingers, not 29!! *duck*
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:37 am

Ashod wrote: The addition of 3.5 into the game will proably do alot for the game but at the same time not alot of people are still playing 3.5 D&D. The online gaming world has evolved into a something better IMHO.

FYI...

Not sure where you live, but where I live there are more 3.5 games than the 'upgrade'. Far too many people are still pissed at WOTC about 4.0 after investing all that money into 3.5 books. (Yay Paizo!) But then we have a pretty large concentration of gamers around Lexington Kentucky too. 4.0 sucks anyway. If I want to play an MMO, I log into EQ2 or LOTRO, not play it on paper.

Okay, done with derail.

2.0 if it ever gets here, sounds pretty cool. *shrug* Its just reached mythic status, like El Dorado, the Fountain of Youth or Menzo (which was promised for how long?). Sucks, but Ah well, if it gets done, it will get done when Shev feels like it. The part that hurts more than anything is the fact that the Forgers just aren't around, and if they don't care about their own game, why will players? I'm thankful for the Imms that do stick around and keep things running so when I poke my nose in there is something there... but lack of Forgers is bad for everyone's morale I am sure.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”