Enchanter Settings Help me Please!!!

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Lilira
Sojourner

Enchanter Settings Help me Please!!!

Postby Lilira » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Okies.. here is what I'm looking for.

I would like to be able to glance group and have an echo telling me what spells a person needs that flips into my capture window.

My biggest problem (as anyone who has zoned with me can attest) is reading through the spam. Having it flung into a window would rock, and should enable me to keep my ench spells rolling.

Any ideas on how to do this oh Zmud gods?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:31 pm

It'd be easier to tell you what they *don't* need, as it's difficult to set up triggers to "think" about something that's not there.

Do you really want it to cycle through the whole group, or just the tanks?

All you have to do is set up a variable based on either who ingroup or a pre-set list (kinda like how you do rescues), and glance/gag each relevant bit of text, and #cap (capture) everything to a separate window.

Like:

He is encased in a shimmering globe!

Would trigger:

#cap Buffer TankSoandSo doesn't need globe!

There's really only 3 spells you can watch this way: blur/stone/globe, and they show up on glance in a particular order. You *could* set up the trigger to work off that order to reveal what they *do* need, but it's a lot more work.

Let me know what you need.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:09 pm

I personally use aliases and variables

I use manual glance for all others

I use variables for 4 different tanks, 3 rogues and 3 clerics
tank=Name
2tank=Name
3tank=Name
4tank=Name

cler=Name
2cler=Name
3cler=name

rog=name
2rog=Name
3rog=name

thusly,

#al {gt} {glance @tank}
#al {gtt}{glance @tank, glance @2tank,glance @3tank, glance 4tank}
#al {glc}{glance @cler, glance @2cler, glance @3cler}
#al {glr}{glance @rog, glance @2rog, glance @3rog}

I think I have *You don't see that here*, or something along those lines gagged if i dont have 4 tanks.

also a good tog on condensed works
I guess thats all I ever needed, never used buffers or anything else, and I didnt think i was too horrible an enchanter. With time you learn who to scale who to stone and who to blur/haste. In general unless using a proccing weapon I dont haste tanks, dont know why .. thats just how i wa s taught. I always keep rogues hasted and if needed globed, sucks to see em fall on a shield.

I keep main cleric and 2 main tanks scaled, all else stoned .. always keep self scaled. I keep tanks blurred unless they are displaced. Globes only on group leader calls unless i know the zone better (rofl) than the leader

Only on the call full spellup do I globe hitters and scale all.

I keep pwbs and feebs, prisms, constricts memmed, but rarely is there time in a zone if you are only scaler.

You learn to filterout spam (ie: the cleric asking for a haste) and learn to read REALLY fast.

Enchanter is my all time favorite class, so busy and hell a good chanter can save a zone if the shit hits the fan (yes i know a cleric or a well timed ranger rescue can as well)
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:00 pm

Ambar-

Right now I have F1 variabled as tank, F2 as Tank2, F3 as Tank3 all the way to Tank5, (I know insanse, but I was actually in a zone group with FIVE tanks... I about went nuts) and F6 is rogue1 etc... F12 is for me, myself and I.

F1 is to glance
AltF1 is to haste
CtrlF1 is to stone
ShiftF1 is to blur

Stone will get changed to scales once I get them.. 56% to go!!! (I _hate_ ferns....)

Ambar and Yas:

Thanks for all the input, its wonderful!!! After my crazy day, I'll play around with them to see if I can make it work. I really am barely adequate with Zmud.. colorizing stuff is stretching my skill (grin).
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:56 pm

it gets easier, trust me ..
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:11 pm

i acctually started using buttons for full spellups with timestop, it was just that much faster.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:55 am

I don't seperate the tanks and rogues anymore, so I can have up to 10 tanks/hitters and just give them whatever spells they need. A single button / command to glance the whole group and see who needs scales.

My main problem is that i think shift+ctrl+f3 makes MSN do something even tho I don't have it open. *mutter*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:37 pm

Thanks a million to my friend who helped me build my settings. (Not giving her name, cus she might not want the millions of tells bugging her for their own!)

Now I glance group and in a status window it lists who needs what spells. Mmm.. I have a listing for Stone, scales, globe and blur. WONDERFUL!

Oh and it does group health for me too!

*DRROOOOOOOOL*

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And thanks to you guys for the input.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Lilira wrote:Thanks a million to my friend who helped me build my settings. (Not giving her name, cus she might not want the millions of tells bugging her for their own!)

Now I glance group and in a status window it lists who needs what spells. Mmm.. I have a listing for Stone, scales, globe and blur. WONDERFUL!

Oh and it does group health for me too!

*DRROOOOOOOOL*

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And thanks to you guys for the input.

doesnt that make the class boring as all hell? Enchanters are measured on how they use their spells, and when they cast them, seems lke this makesthe enchanter a robot .. not a BOT, a ROBOT ...

Nothing personal at all, I always found the class SUPER exciting and used to be only the best players could be good chanters :( Seems liek it takes no talent at all anymore

again, nothing personal, i have no idea how you chant in zones, think we've grouped a handful of times at best ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:39 pm

bah

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:01 pm

Ambar...

It just grabs the info for me..

I'M still doing the work,, not the machine.

Now I have grouped with fully automated casters and I hated it.

Its still up to me to actually glance and stuff. All the settings are doing is grabbing the info for me and sending it to somewhere I can see in the spam.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 pm

Lilira wrote:Ambar...

It just grabs the info for me..

I'M still doing the work,, not the machine.

Now I have grouped with fully automated casters and I hated it.

Its still up to me to actually glance and stuff. All the settings are doing is grabbing the info for me and sending it to somewhere I can see in the spam.

nod .. personal choice i guess :) to me part of the fun was chosing order out of the chaos of spam

again nothing personal, no harm intended

-Italian Proverb

Return to “MUD Client Help”