Battlechanter Renewing

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Anab
Sojourner

Battlechanter Renewing

Postby Anab » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:21 am

So after going over my renew triggers repeatedly I feel it may be easier to get renewing to work. What im looking for is trigger set to sing 'song of renewal' when my psps get so low. was thinking it was like this

#CLASS {Classes|BattleChanter|Renewing}
#TRIGGER {%1p/%2P} {#IF (%1 < 150) {sing;prenew}}
#TRIGGER {%1p/%2P} {#IF (%1 = %2) {sing;#SAY FULLY RENEWED!!}
#CLASS 0

Havent gotten it to work yet. Will have to seperate into different foldiers to #T- renew and stuff so it doesnt repeatedly try to stop singing and then renew. So if anyone has some ideas to get this to work let me know.
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:50 pm

i just dont believe in entirely triggering your character. i think we are relying TOO much on triggers to play our characters rather than US playing them

this being said i DO have an autorenew when mana is low, but it doesnt automaticaly stop when mana is full

i was also one of the few bards who didnt afk during xp .. maybe thats also why ima decent*ish* bard who knows what songs to sing and when, who knows

#trigger {You've expended your magical energy!}{renew}
#AL {renew}{sing;rem @instrument;hold piccolo;#wa 5000;sing 'song of renewal'}
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:05 pm

While I hate chars that rely soly on their triggers and alias' and such, I think they can enchance the playing experiance if used properly.

Anyway, to help with your problem Anab:

#CLASS {Classes|BattleChanter|Renewing}
#TRIGGER {(%d)p/(%d)P} {#IF (%1 < 150) {sing;prenew}}
#TRIGGER {(%d)p/(%d)P} {#IF (%1 = %2) {sing;#SAY FULLY RENEWED!!}
#CLASS 0

That should work for you.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:05 pm

Ok, if you know it, then it seems silly. But I am unsure if you know about manaburn.

Read "help manaburn"

I think you successfully can use a high manaburn, and then if needed turn it lower. (easier than triggers with numbers I think).

When manaburn kicks in just make a trigger on the line you get.

For some odd reason MANABURN is only mentioned under bard, but not under battlechanter, yay helpfiles.
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:30 am

Ambar - This is for when I'm practicing songs as I dont wanna wait until I'm completely depleted of psps as I get people who come around and would like healing or song of travel or some odd crap and I'd like to keep at least 150 psps on me for stupid stuff like that. As for knowing what song to sing. I'm sure a noob in any area he hasn't been in before would not know what song to sing at every battle. So im sure your statement wasnt directed at me was it? For I'm sure a noob questioning what he should do and what song he should sing isn't so bad his first few times out....that being said if you have zoned with me recently now that I have gotten the hang of my class zoning there is no questioning of what songs and where unless the leader has a personal request. I dont afk xp I just dont pay attention to Ragruk dieing :)

Thanx to Diso for the continued help on my class and Marth for that trigger set. I think ill do the manaburn route get a beep or something when it hits the mark.

Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:55 am

No actually I was not referring to you :P Have only ressed you numerous times, never died with you.

My mana trigger only starts renewing at zero mana *shrug* mostly in zones you wont get that low, if you do you arent singing right :P (not YOU, any bard/bchanter)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:53 am

Ahhh nods was just wondering cause a some people believed i had a problem with asking to many times what song to sing and yeah didnt know if i was being critized or not hehe and the resses are just to keep the rust off ;)

Return to “MUD Client Help”