Boxed [default] setups

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
Valendhal
Sojourner

Boxed [default] setups

Postby Valendhal » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Does anybody or can anybody put together kinda of a basic *pre-set client that is easy for new players to just kinda jump into and get working?

Also, is there a free, older version of zmud floating around out there? If so, where can I find it.

Thanks
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Re: Boxed [default] setups

Postby Marthammor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Don't know if anyone has done this yet, but I know using the new cmud, you can make packages and post them for people to download. Could make some with the right mapper settings, and perhaps even some with the most commonly used aliases, triggers, etc for individual classes.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 pm

here is where i found the old version of zmud i am using at:

http://www.dubrin.net/downloads.html

and as for triggers and all that stuff i am trying to rebuild some and will see about making some generic ones up
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:39 pm

There are older versions of Zmud around that can be found for free, but I wouldn't consider them any less confusing when you first launch than the latest version. I'm not sure how user friendly Cmud is, I just know I will never use it because I have too much scripting work that would need manual conversion touch ups.

The one month free trial of the latest version of Zmud would be the way to go imo. After mudding with the veteran players on this mud, a new player would have the basic trigger and alias concepts down with a little bit of observation, curiosity, and a few questions. Then it grows from there, if such desire arises (as it does eventually in most of us), in the format that is by far the most commonly shared in this community.

Return to “MUD Client Help”