gagging

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
izarek
Sojourner

gagging

Postby izarek » Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:46 pm

Of course when Soj2 went down, I had to be stupid and dump all my zmud files. I'm slowly rebuilding them. Was wondering if anyone could post a list of useful gags (and highlights for that matter) for sojourn (with zmud). Thanks!
Fezbozz
Sojourner

Postby Fezbozz » Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:43 pm

Yeah I sure could use the help learning how to use gaggin never done it before.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:06 pm

Gagging is actually rather easy. From the zmud command line enter something like #GAG * barely *
That will create a trigger for you that gags all occurences of some_mab barely hits some_player. It will also gag any gsay, tell, occ with similar text in it too though. One thing I do is make a button that I label BattleGag that when toggled on it turns a set of Gag triggers on for me. As for color highlighting that's gonna depend alot on the char class you play. #1 for a warrior is * clambers * or * switches *

Gindipple.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:13 pm

Hmm. 'Clambers' didn't have that one. Thanks for the suggestion. Keep 'em coming. How 'bout gags? What gags did people think were useful, eh?

Izzy
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:19 pm

#gag walks in
#gag {bashes|sprawling with a powerful}
#gag switches targets
#gag group-says 'moving'
#gag group-says 'sit'
#gag group-says 'heal me'

Those are the best gags you can use, your group will love you for it and admire your skills.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:44 pm

Heh. I was wondering when someone would chime with that kind of bunk. Figures that it would be a troll :P
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 26, 2001 9:04 pm

Anyone can make his own gags in 5 mins, it takes longer to post here and ask for other people's :p
Gromsharulaz
Sojourner

Postby Gromsharulaz » Mon Feb 26, 2001 9:31 pm

Alright silly peoples, first off zmud #gag yanks the entire line that contains the gagged text so there is no need for

#gag * barely *

using:

#gag barely

is more than enough. Secondly to avoid missing important lines like tells, gsay's and things beating on you, use #ungag to allow specific lines to pass through the gags oh say like anything with the words: you, or group-says in it for starters.

As for things to gag, you've got fight type spam (hits, parries, pierces, pounds, slashes, etc.) caster spam (magic missles, pris, etc), dragon breath spam (do you really need to see that all 15 people in the group got gassed by the nasty green), hrmm I'm sure there's more.

The extent to which you hide this stuff depends on the situation and what you're playing. As a silly cleric I often had to put up with warrior spam so I could see who was getting the smack laid down on 'em and in need of a healing.

- Gromsharulaz, Spammed Derro of the Underdark

Return to “MUD Client Help”