And now for something completely different...

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

And now for something completely different...

Postby Vaprak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:46 pm

Thought this high-speed photography was just plain too cool to not share: http://weburbanist.com/2008/10/09/high-speed-photographers-and-photos/
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
avak
Sojourner

Re: And now for something completely different...

Postby avak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Those are awesome. I especially like the light bulb with flames and the exploding banana.

Just the other day I had some people out at my farm and we were practicing for the redneck olympics. Cheap beer and guns. Hard to beat. Anyway, we eventually upped the difficulty to a 20oz Budweiser aluminum can on a fence post about 150 yards away. We shot at it with an open sight .22 rifle that is probably sighted in at oh...30 yards tops. So, we shot for maybe 20 mins before even getting close. Finally I got the elevation right and hit the can. Long story short...I had shaken the can the entire way out to set it on the post and it made this really cool spray/explosion and, to our amazement, fell forward....from the force of the beer going out the larger back hole.

Random.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:33 pm

'Here honey hold this apple while i shot it.' some kewl stuff but damn like im holding an egg while someone else shoots it fug that
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Realize that its a very small caliber (even not a pellet gun) and just off camera most likely mounted. Quite easy to hold something and shoot it under those conditions.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Fantastic.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”