movie suggestions

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Latreg
Sojourner

movie suggestions

Postby Latreg » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:37 pm

so after watching some really bad movies, looking for suggestions on what to see and what not to see

I like horror/action/scfi

the happening--totally sucked
babylon a.d.---was bad until the ending, then totally sucked

Day of the dead--what can I say, I like it
Ironman--I liked
28 days later--one of my favorites
the resident evils--there's a difference between bad movies and movies that suck, I like these bad movies
alien/aliens and the alien vs predator recqu.--all 3 are good
star ship troopers, all 3--again good bad movies

I've got some others I haven't watched yet, mostly trying to remember the ones I wanted to see, but can't remember their name. I'll add more as I think of them. Please feel free to add yours as well.
Last edited by Latreg on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Re: movie suggestions

Postby Corth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Saw a movie called 'the bank job' a couple of months ago that I really liked. Anyone who enjoyed lock stock and two smoking barrels would appreciate it.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 pm

Son of Rambow.

Totally great movie. Not really a thriller or action, but not boring either. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Corth wrote:Saw a movie called 'the bank job' a couple of months ago that I really liked. Anyone who enjoyed lock stock and two smoking barrels would appreciate it.

I'll second this one. Bank Job was a good one and based off a true story if I remember correctly. I haven't really seen anything recently that blew me away, but body of lies was pretty entertaining.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:59 am

Movies? Woot!

*Hellboy 2 - Amazing movie, probably better than the first one.
*Max Payne - Should win an award for how the trailers made a movie that shitty look good.
*The Dark Knight - Seriously? If you haven't seen this movie, you owe it to yourself. If you haven't seen this movie more than once, you should.
*Burn After Reading - Maybe my expectations going in were too high, but the story just put me to sleep, too many big actors in one place, without the Ocean's 11 script integrity.
*Tropic Thunder - This movie was so great it made me like Tom Cruise again.
*The Express - ALL FOOTBALL MOVIES ARE GREAT! Seriously, I've NEVER seen a football movie I didn't like (the remake of Brian's song doesn't count!)
*Step Brothers - A movie this stupid should not be so enjoyable to watch, but it is.
*Journey to the Center of the Earth - Good movie, but its exactly like every other Brendan Frasier movie ever made.
*The Happening - I will NEVER watch another of M Night Superman's movies unless Unbreakable 2 is in the title.
*Wanted - So much fun! Although 'curving the fart' has become a party foul.
*Eagle Eye - Just watch Enemy of the State again, this movie was a bit of a letdown, but if you haven't seen that other movie with Will Smith and Jason Lee you might not think this one sucks.
*Hancock - Loved it, at first I was like 'woot, superhero movie!' then I was like 'wtf, a plot?' then I was like 'woot, good movie!'
*The Rocker - if there is NOTHING else on television and you MUST watch TV or die, then you might not regret watching this one.

That said and done, some of my personal favorites of the last year are the more independent movies, such as

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419420/ - Adam & Paul
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416044/ - Mongol
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0906665/ - Sukiyaki Western Django
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/ - City of God

There are more, but off the top of my head these are the recent movies I've watched. I'm also getting a kick out of My Name is Earl, House, True Blood, Heroes, Lost, Prison Break, CSI Season 9, Entourage, and The Big Bang Theory.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”