Dear Toril... I have some sad news about Joth.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Kasula
Sojourner

Dear Toril... I have some sad news about Joth.

Postby Kasula » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 am

Hello Toril,

It has been a while for me aka Kasula/Dakler and Joth aka Greg. Joth and I have many many fond memories of Toril and Sojourn... This is the game where we became friends. I know that Joth is and was a big part of the history and lore of Toril.

Greg, Joth, fought and won many battles in life and on the MUD. He fought and won many battles likes of Tiamat, Imix, and many others... I am sorry to say he fought his last fight on December 6, 2008. He won his first battle against leukemia and was in full remission. During remission, he spent most of his days enjoying life and love. He loved Toril and the great times and friendships. He fell in love with a wonderful woman during and after his first battle with leukemia. He asked marry her in Paris this summer like a wonderful storybook romance. But sadly, a week after they returned back to the US, he fell ill again. For three months, he fought many minor battles against the flu and pneumonia and such but it only foreshadowed the return of leukemia. The minor battles ravaged his body and immune system. When the tests finally relieved that leukemia had returned and with greater force, his body was so weakened that he could not fight leukemia. His mind and soul stayed strong, he led his friends and family to happier places with greater rewards, much like Joth's many trips to Avernus or Jot or etc...

On December 6th, 2008 Joth aka Greg, and my best friend, lost his battle against leukemia. I say this to you, Toril, because Toril was a big part of his life. This is where our MUDding friendship developed into a brotherhood. He married his longtime girlfriend a few days before his passing. He found love and lived life with a smile and conviction. He is no longer suffering... He is on a giant gold asteroid in space with a smile.

Thank you Toril for giving me a great man and greater friend... I miss you, Greg.
Kasula/Dakler
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Dear Toril... I have some sad news about Joth.

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 am

My sincerest condolences. He really is a big part of the lore of this place. Sad news.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:57 pm

I am so sorry to hear about this.

I played Toril during a very interesting time period. It was Sojourn 2, which was immediately after Lloth and Mystra downgraded everything on the MUD from wipes previous. As we struggled to do zones like IC Vault and Jot, we always heard tales of the giants who came before us. For me, Joth was one of those giants. I only knew him peripherally, but his name is one that was etched into the legends that kept me interested in Sojourn.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 pm

Agree Rags, I recall Joth as a legend during my earlier days in SojournMUD too.

Sad news, indeed! R.I.P. man, and thanks for posting.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:46 pm

This is sad news!

I talked to Jerra a month or so ago, as he logged on briefly. He had mentioned that Joth had battled cancer. I didn't realize.

I have lots of memories of grouping with Joth, too many to enumerate. Lots and lots of wakeless nights, calling in sick to work, or missing college classes. Good times.

My thoughts go out to you and his family.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:52 pm

sometimes i wish toril had graphics simply so we could have in game pictures and videos of the people that have come and left our lives through this game. godspeed and im glad he found happiness, something that many people live their lives without paying attention to the value and necessity of until it is too late to fully appreciate
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:03 am

Damn, sorry to hear about this. I remember when he was Jihad before Mystra forced him to change it. He was a good leader to compete against and later, I found him a great guy to group with. In the end, we are immortalized by the memories and feelings we inspire in other, and for Jihad/Joth, he had an enormous impact and will not be forgotten. I know I'll miss him.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 am

doctor joth:(
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Lathander wrote:Damn, sorry to hear about this. I remember when he was Jihad before Mystra forced him to change it. He was a good leader to compete against and later, I found him a great guy to group with. In the end, we are immortalized by the memories and feelings we inspire in other, and for Jihad/Joth, he had an enormous impact and will not be forgotten. I know I'll miss him.

I couldn't agree more. Joth/Jihad had a huge impact on me in my early gaming years, there are alot of great memories from way back then. I haven't spoken to him in years, but he will be missed.

Very sad news indeed.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 pm

:(
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:21 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news. Joth was an important part of our game and will be sorely missed. I am glad he is in a better place now. :(
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:41 am

Damn, I remember Joth pretty well. Disappointing to hear about anyone passing on, especially against the likes of what he endured. Best wishes.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”