2009 Stimulus explained

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Pril
Sojourner

2009 Stimulus explained

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:49 am

This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to b est help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India .
If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).
If you buy a car, more than likely the money will go to Japan. If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan .

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: 2009 Stimulus explained

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:20 am

If domestic beer was drinkable, I would consider that option. How about this idea: start making competative products and people will start buying them. When given the choice between Coors and Stella -- I'll pick Stella every time.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:36 am

Stella tastes like shit in the US, and its pretty shitty in Europe as well. I gave up on greyscaling beers long ago and went with a more simple piss/nectar approach. That said: OG Bud Light drinker representin!

Though nothing beats JOOSE.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Kifle wrote:If domestic beer was drinkable, I would consider that option. How about this idea: start making competative products and people will start buying them. When given the choice between Coors and Stella -- I'll pick Stella every time.

Sam Adams is ok, but there also a lot if really, really good microbrews. You just have to find a bar that doesn't suck too much to carry them!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:27 pm

You're right, Sarvis. I do like local microbrews; however, bars that carry them around here are few and far between -- and the best bar in my town just went out of business on Saturday, so that just leaves this other really crapy, packed place which I don't feel like going to. And, Gormal, Stella tastes far greater than any major brand I can think of here in the US. Bass is delicious too.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 am

FAT TIRE.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 am

Dogfish 60 minute IPA. I think I'll buy several cases with my stimulus check. Mmmmmm.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:01 am

Usually a Heineken guy but lately I've been drinking the Blue Moon Lager. Love the wheat beers.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:43 am

Corth wrote:Usually a Heineken guy but lately I've been drinking the Blue Moon Lager. Love the wheat beers.

Heineken gives me bad headaches for some reason. Blue Moon is good though.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:47 am

Asahi super dry is my favorite wheat beer although heffiweizen is tasty
Guiness is where its at.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:05 am

How did a thread on stimulus end up being about our favorite beers? :) Prostitution was on the list and it would be a lot funner topic. I personally nominate Candy from the corner of 2nd and 12th st.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Tasan wrote:FAT TIRE.

Co-sign
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Kifle wrote:Heineken gives me bad headaches for some reason...

Same here, and there are more people I know with the same problem with Heineken. Becks & Dragon Stout, a Jamaican beer, are my two usually stocked beers.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm

I can't put down my Guiness. I can drink it all night and feel great the next day.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:51 am

i can drink guiness all night long in the states, but i went to dublin had 3.5 pints in a neighborhood bar and was knocked completely on my ass. Its better there and Id say something makes its effects more potent.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 am

The guinness in ireland is exactly the same as the rest of the world, with the exception of some african breweries which use sorghum instead of barley. the only real difference to the drink is that in ireland the servers and consumers are fanatical about the proper pouring of guinness, which is the most substantial detectable difference in the quality of guinness lagers served around the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15lJn1r0Mk

Other than the pour, the difference in tastes are mostly psychological, with arguments for freshness and ingredient variations easily refutable with minimal research.

And, if you REALLY want to impress people with your guinness love, you need this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR-0AZFgIko
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:28 am

How dumb of an argument is that.

Obviously beer from overseas tastes better THERE. More than likely it has stayed at an optimal temperature and is enjoyed within a certain time frame that makes sense.

On a different topic entirely...

"Officials put the cost of the bill at $827 billion, including Obama's signature tax cut of up to $1,000 for working couples, even if they earn too little to pay income taxes."

How do you give a tax rebate to people that don't pay taxes?

Why don't we just print money and hand that out... oops! Too late!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:19 am

Having actually drank in several pubs in several cities in Ireland and London and having consumed hundreds of bottles from the supermarket and pints in bars all across the western US, I'll beg to differ that they are the same. For one thing, most of the Irish pubs I went to the guiness was poured warm... and its got a soft taste in Dublin that takes a couple moment before it gets bitter... it gets bitter faster the farther from Dublin you go.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Well yeah, it's supposed to be served at 45ish degrees... not ice cold like shithole piss-water lager.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”