The basic standard of living

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: The basic standard of living

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Ashiwi wrote:You would ruin a perfectly good butcher-blended burger with breadcrumbs?????

No, I would add breadcrumbs to a package of perfectly mediocre store-bought ground beef. We don't really have butchers around here =/
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Kifle wrote:Would somebody please tell me the proper way to use worchestershire sauce?

Sure. Take two slices of white bread. Toast one side under the grill until brown. Turn them over, and put sliced cheese on top (cheddar is traditional, I also like Edam for this). Put back under the grill, and toast until cheese melts (make sure the grill is not too hot or the toast will burn before the cheese melts properly). Take out, put on a plate. Add lashings of Worcestershire sauce (note the spelling - and it's pronounced "wooster"). Eat.
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 am

Sorry, "worchestershire" is a long running joke, and I pronounce it as spelled (which I also acknowledge is incorrect).
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 am

Take a large rocks glass salt the rim with celery salt, add several ice cubes, 2 oz vodka, clamato juice add worchestershire and tabasco to taste. Best way to use worchestershire imo
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Oyster sauce is good, particularly on fish. I don't use it much on my meat, too sweet.

I mix some bbq sauce into my hamburger and press them extra flat so when they shrink they are the right size. I did the minced garlic and onions, but I like the onions raw and pungent. Just isn't to my taste to mash it in with the burger.

yea, don't marinate a good steak. maybe add some fresh ground pepper corn. maybe

You can do vacuum marination with a food saver? boggle wouldn't the juices get sucked into the unit? We have one of those long rectangular shaped ones, I just don't see how it would work.

I've heard some people "can" beef. Anyone done that? I wanna try this out for the crappier cuts because the high temperatures ought to dissolve or at least soften up the tougher gristle. Also, canning meat would give me something new to add to our food stockpile.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:28 am

You don't marinate in the bag. I use the marinator container they manufacture, linked below:

Link
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 am

I don't think the one I have will work, bummer.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/techn ... l.html?hpw

LOL cell phones. Among the things you are entitled to as an American is a cell phone. I like the part where they say, the carrier get $10 from the government for what amounts to $3 in services.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525993,00.html

An the Internet if you are French. I actually kind of almost agree with this... Internet is the new content and a great way to learn stuff... I'd certainly vote for free Internet before I vote for free cell phones. Internet fills the role TV and Radio used to.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:51 pm

kiryan wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/technology/15cell.html?hpw

LOL cell phones. Among the things you are entitled to as an American is a cell phone. I like the part where they say, the carrier get $10 from the government for what amounts to $3 in services.

As opposed to the $40 the rest of us pay? Sounds like the government got a pretty good deal...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:01 pm

They only get 68 minutes, and I presume no mobile to mobile... I just think its hillarious. Once the zipcar / other car sharing programs get rolling, I'm sure they'll be a program for poor people to use them.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”