RNC plans 'off the hook' campaign, MC T-flor vs MC Sarvis?

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Botef
Sojourner

RNC plans 'off the hook' campaign, MC T-flor vs MC Sarvis?

Postby Botef » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/02/19/rnc-chair-plans-off-the-hook-campaign-tells-critics-to-%E2%80%98stuff-it%E2%80%99/

(CNN) — Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says his party is going to launch an "off the hook" public relations campaign that will update the GOP’s image by translating it to "urban-suburban hip-hop settings."

The new GOP leader told the Washington Times that the party’s defeat in states like North Carolina and Virginia made it clear they needed a new approach.

“We need messengers to really capture that region — young, Hispanic, black, a cross section…” he said in an interview published Thursday. “We want to convey that the modern-day GOP looks like the conservative party that stands on principles. But we want to apply them to urban-surburban hip-hop settings.”

He added, jokingly, that “we need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets.”

Steele described the new multi-platform PR offensive as “avant-garde, technically. It will come to [the] table with things that will surprise everyone — off the hook.” Asked whether that meant cutting-edge tactics, Steele demurred. “I don't do 'cutting-edge,’” he said. “That's what Democrats are doing. We're going beyond cutting-edge.”

Steele, who began a massive personnel overhaul at the RNC shortly after his election, said he has started meeting weekly with congressional Republicans. He said he’ll be gathering input from House and Senate leaders, not giving instructions — but criticized national Republican leadership’s focus on party unity as a top priority, saying the failure to devote itself instead to developing fresh faces had cost the GOP.

“We missed the mark in the past, which is why we are in the crapper now,” he said. “We had the White House, the Senate and the House and were not building a farm team over the last years. We could have been ahead of Democrats and their 50-state strategy.”

Steele dismissed the assessments of some Republicans that he needs a deputy to handle areas like logistics, fundraising and candidate recruitment. “I can run this organization just fine,” he said. “There will be no deputy chairman, period. …People who said I can't make the trains run on time never gave a reason. I say to them, 'Stuff it.'

“I am not afraid of being held accountable for my leadership,” he said. “The idea I am somehow going to handicap myself before I begin is nuts. I am not going to buy into this mind-set among a few people who probably have never run anything but their mouths.”

Steele defeated a crowded field last month, including sitting RNC chairman Mike Duncan, to claim the party’s top spot.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: RNC plans 'off the hook' campaign, MC T-flor vs MC Sarvis?

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:56 pm

At least he doesn't seem to fit the Eric Holder "American Coward" bill.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Weak..

I should be in charge of the Republican party. They need to abandon their social policy platform and actually stick to the core principles of their economic policy. Besides the obvious ridiculousness of a hip hop marketing campaign for the Republican party, it doesn't address the underlying problem. In a certain sense they are a lot like Torilmud. It was once a great institution, but has fallen upon rough times. Those who are still in it want more members, but until the actual content is improved, marketing it is a waste of time.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:38 am

Not sure I'd feel comfortable with politicians randomly getting artifacts. Huckabee with doombringer.....shiver.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Artifacts are one thing. God favoritism is a whole different story.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:06 pm

I thought God talked directly to Sarah Palin and that didnt help them win, if thats not a sign of god favoritism i dont know what is
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Just because God talks to you, doesn't mean that you're listening. Or even that God has anything good to say.

Well, unless the son he wants you to sacrifice is a real turd.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”