The Game

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: The Game

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Kifle wrote:Kind of old fashioned, but to some extent, yes. Like any other tactic, this is also hit and miss. Some women like it, some don't. The trick is to be able to judge what type of girl you're going for in a particular situation.

You know, when something's simple there's usually not "a trick to it."

So... which kind of girl is which?

such as dancing (if you are still not good at it)

Who knows? This girl approached me while I was dancing, so maybe I'm better than I thought. I think there's something to be said for just enjoying yourself too, though...

EDIT: Oh, and why "no" to the business card thing?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:43 pm

How to Not Fail at Life (NSFW), from 4chan (also NSFW). I just thought it was funny/interesting, and on topic for the thread.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Todrael wrote:How to Not Fail at Life (NSFW), from 4chan (also NSFW). I just thought it was funny/interesting, and on topic for the thread.

And Tod wins the thread.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Seconded. That is beyond brilliant.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Ok, first of all... NSFW? How? Could have read that hours ago without the unnecessary warning.

Second, last I checked chicks dug outcasts. Heroes, yes. How many of our heroes are outcasts or anti-heroes?

Third, I wonder what Corth would have to say about altruism being hard wired into the primate brain... :P

Fourth: why on earth would anyone at 4chan know anything about women?

Lastly, and far, far more importantly, what is everyone else's opinion on just handing the girl my number and walking away?

It's all too tempting of an option... but I almost feel like I should pull the George move and do the opposite of everything I think is a good idea.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 am

Sarvis wrote:Lastly, and far, far more importantly, what is everyone else's opinion on just handing the girl my number and walking away?

I tell you this because I have little faith in you being able to have made a good enough impression to ask for a number, and two, because I don't think you have the conversation ability to get the girl to want to give you their number -- unless she is just too nervous/embarrassed to say no. Lastly, I don't think you really have the self-esteem needed to do it on a regular basis. It's easier to walk up, say two things, and walk away than it is to ask somebody for something you're not sure they want to give, then stand there while they find a pen, paper, and have a half-assed conversation -- or get dragged into a conversation and totally blow it. All-in-all, it's less risky for you, and dating is a numbers game.

Tod, that was awesome.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 am

Sarvis wrote:Third, I wonder what Corth would have to say about altruism being hard wired into the primate brain... :P

I'd let you eat my grass...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Sarvis wrote:Ok, first of all... NSFW? How? Could have read that hours ago without the unnecessary warning.

I'm not sure where you work, but my workplace frowns on significant amounts of swearing and depictions of sexual acts and fetishes.

Sarvis wrote:Second, last I checked chicks dug outcasts. Heroes, yes. How many of our heroes are outcasts or anti-heroes?

You're mixing terminology. In fact, being an 'outcast' in the sense that you're talking about (anti-hero) is an Alpha Male asserting his dominance in an attempt to create his own tribe rather than conform to the tribe of his elders. The, uh, 'document' is referring to outcasts in the sense of basement-dwelling mudders.

Sarvis wrote:Third, I wonder what Corth would have to say about altruism being hard wired into the primate brain... :P

I said it was funny and on topic, not that it was true.

Sarvis wrote:Fourth: why on earth would anyone at 4chan know anything about women?

Because even assholes have friends, and even ugly people get laid.

Sarvis wrote:Lastly, and far, far more importantly, what is everyone else's opinion on just handing the girl my number and walking away?

It's all too tempting of an option... but I almost feel like I should pull the George move and do the opposite of everything I think is a good idea.

I think you're overthinking it.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Todrael wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Ok, first of all... NSFW? How? Could have read that hours ago without the unnecessary warning.

I'm not sure where you work, but my workplace frowns on significant amounts of swearing and depictions of sexual acts and fetishes.

Not when it's line drawings... :P

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Todrael wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Second, last I checked chicks dug outcasts. Heroes, yes. How many of our heroes are outcasts or anti-heroes?

You're mixing terminology. In fact, being an 'outcast' in the sense that you're talking about (anti-hero) is an Alpha Male asserting his dominance in an attempt to create his own tribe rather than conform to the tribe of his elders. The, uh, 'document' is referring to outcasts in the sense of basement-dwelling mudders.

My wife would disagree. She still cites the early part of our relationship where I was too distracted by a fledgling SPOB group to pay attention to her and her friends when they were at my apartment one afternoon, and how it made her want to grab my attention all the more. Maybe it was air freshener or the matching throw pillows, I don't understand these things.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Humans are complex. There's no such thing as a 'do this and win' strategy that works for every person. There are only statistics, averages, and probabilities.

The point of these strategies is not to win every time, but to increase the probability of winning.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:30 pm

4672_648683542029_120811240_41323445_5371599_n.jpg
4672_648683542029_120811240_41323445_5371599_n.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 6079 times

this made me laugh
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 am

Todrael wrote:Humans are complex. There's no such thing as a 'do this and win' strategy that works for every person. There are only statistics, averages, and probabilities.

The point of these strategies is not to win every time, but to increase the probability of winning.

^^ Exactly what I've been saying. Find the strategies that work to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses, and you will have the best chance possible.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Kifle wrote:
Todrael wrote:Humans are complex. There's no such thing as a 'do this and win' strategy that works for every person. There are only statistics, averages, and probabilities.

^^ Exactly what I've been saying. Find the strategies that work to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses, and you will have the best chance possible.

Ok, but all other things being equal... which strategy would have the highest probability of success with the girl?

Remember, I flirt with bartenders all the time... so I'm more comfortable with that than I am talking/flirting to other women. Also, I'm probably not quite the social troll you imagine me to be...

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Ambar wrote:I've posted advice here :) You just chose to ignore when women offer advice and gravitate toward the guys.

You know, if the women wanted to offer some advice instead of leaving me with just the guys' advice this would be a good time...

(Assuming, of course, that the advice actually answers the question instead of reiterating that I shouldn't try to meet women in the only places I've ever met any women. :P )

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

God I told myself I wouldn't say anything else, but Tod .. I love you, you hit the nail right on the head, But then again I've always loved you :)

There IS no strategy which is something I said a LONG time ago and I am NOT searching for it .. no ONE thing works for ALL women

"Hi, My name is Mike (I think?) .. start a conversation

Didn't work? Ok ... move the *F* on .. eventually someone will be desperate and respond .. even ugly guys get laid (LOL I love that, so true!)

I said a long time ago woman are complex, Kifle said no they are not ..

Yes we are ... I PROMISE .. you trying to figure us out is like Kifle saying he knows us all

We are not alike .. if you didnt hear me before .. NOTHING works for all women .. and if you keep overthinking any little detail or head shrug you will always lose

Finally .. a group that always meets in a bar IS a hookup group .. have a BBQ, go bowling, movies, dinner, public pool, camping .. somethimg where alcohol is NOT the main dish .. move away from the liquid courage .. take the chance and just start TALKING to people .. and dont use your online persona!

O yeah the bartender fail .. made me spit coffee all over the place when I read it, Arilin said "My god I am a HUGE dork and even I could see that!" .. you should post on FML or failblog :P
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Ambar wrote:We are not alike .. if you didnt hear me before .. NOTHING works for all women .. and if you keep overthinking any little detail or head shrug you will always lose

Ok, ok... focus here. I know all women are not the same and nothing will work for all women. On the other hand, getting a female perspective on certain strategies is probably more helpful than listening to the guy who thinks women are simple.

That said: Is just handing her my number a better option than asking for hers? In _general_ (and again, I know it's not the same for all women) is that likely to work or likely to make me look like I'm too chicken to just ask for her number?

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Ambar wrote:God I told myself I wouldn't say anything else, but Tod .. I love you, you hit the nail right on the head, But then again I've always loved you :)

There IS no strategy which is something I said a LONG time ago and I am NOT searching for it .. no ONE thing works for ALL women

"Hi, My name is Mike (I think?) .. start a conversation

Didn't work? Ok ... move the *F* on .. eventually someone will be desperate and respond .. even ugly guys get laid (LOL I love that, so true!)

I said a long time ago woman are complex, Kifle said no they are not ..

Yes we are ... I PROMISE .. you trying to figure us out is like Kifle saying he knows us all

We are not alike .. if you didnt hear me before .. NOTHING works for all women .. and if you keep overthinking any little detail or head shrug you will always lose

Finally .. a group that always meets in a bar IS a hookup group .. have a BBQ, go bowling, movies, dinner, public pool, camping .. somethimg where alcohol is NOT the main dish .. move away from the liquid courage .. take the chance and just start TALKING to people .. and dont use your online persona!

O yeah the bartender fail .. made me spit coffee all over the place when I read it, Arilin said "My god I am a HUGE dork and even I could see that!" .. you should post on FML or failblog :P

I think Amena's post hit the nail right on the head (no pun intended).
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:07 am

Lol, are we seriously working backwards to the poor assumption that women are more complex than men here? Honestly, this is a myth propagated by men that are either too insensitive to understand how to make a woman happy or too lazy to do the right thing. Women are no more complex than any man on the planet; however, it is easier to make a man happy -- fuck him and don't fuck anybody else. Some men are just like women and are emotional -- expecting more from the relationship. There are girls out there that are just like your stereotypical man -- they want dick. Some like conversation, some like attention, some like movies, some like basketball. The fact is, if you know people, you know women. I would really love somebody here to tell me how exactly a women is complex outside the context of being a human being.

What I've noticed in my years is that there is some sort of perverse law out there that allows a woman to have more flexibility in her attractiveness range -- mainly because of liquor and hormones. Simply, a man can move up only slightly, for the most part, but a woman, depending on how desperate or drunk the man is, can more easily move up the attractiveness range for a short time -- sometimes longer. My rule of thumb for getting a lady is never try to move more than 2pts on the 10pt scale, as the probability of landing that lady drops off significantly. Sure, some average guy will bang a model, but this is an odd phenomenon. Other than this and ingrained biological imperatives, there is absolutely nothing different about men or women aside from the difference between person to person.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:31 am

Kifle wrote:Lol, are we seriously working backwards to the poor assumption that women are more complex than men here?

You know, honestly no one here said men were simple either.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:50 am

Sarvis wrote:
Kifle wrote:Lol, are we seriously working backwards to the poor assumption that women are more complex than men here?

I suppose you're right in that; however, saying there's much of a difference in complexity aside from the biological imperatives is making something out of nothing. Like I said earlier, if you know people, you know women. Learn people -- because you will find that we all operate based upon learned behaviors derivative of the same stimuli. It isn't just women who derive self-esteem problems from inattentive parents; men are in this boat as well. Constant sexual arousal is not limited to the portion of the venn diagram which also includes a penis. Women are horny as well. Being told that one is different from the other is doing you a disservice in this case.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

I suppose you're right in that; however, saying there's much of a difference in complexity aside from the biological imperatives is making something out of nothing. Like I said earlier, if you know people, you know women. Learn people -- because you will find that we all operate based upon learned behaviors derivative of the same stimuli. It isn't just women who derive self-esteem problems from inattentive parents; men are in this boat as well. Constant sexual arousal is not limited to the portion of the venn diagram which also includes a penis. Women are horny as well. Being told that one is different from the other is doing you a disservice in this case.

And yet, even assuming there were no hormonal effects or differences in outlook based on physical limitations, women have a lot more societal pressure to behave in ways that go counter to their natural behavior patterns. Even if women are just as horny as men, they might avoid sleeping with someone just so their friends don't view them as a slut. Certainly a problem men don't care about.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:50 pm

I love you Carl, but you only pretended to be a woman :) I've BEEN one for 41 years (give me a break, I have a 4 year old grandson!) .. No book, no class can tell you about EVERY woman, yes some are like men, most are not.

That being said, for the most part, Kifle has given you some good information, we all have. It is up to you now to go out and learn what you are comfortable with and what your strengths and weaknesses are. Remember, no one person is the same, no situation will win every time. Some women love over attentive men, most do not .. texters bug the shit out of me, people who need to know when you sneeze and when you had to go to the bathroom. Most women do not like the casual date who psycho analyzes everything she does or says. Take things slow, be natural. Some book you read that started this whole thread is not a model to live off of, no one *method* is. I can tell you what works for me as a woman, Kifle can tell you what has worked for him as a man, Pril can tell you what his experiences are, but obviously we all disagree on some things, we agree on others. You have got to take each girl at face value (not be her LOOKS but by her actions and reactions) until you establish a relationship with her. If it doesn't work move on. The meetup groups IS a good idea but you may have to try several til you find an active one, and your better ones don't meet at bars every time. Not saying bars aren't a place to meet women, but to meet quality women you have to be diverse in your interests and meetup locations. Above all, we know you as an online persona, we do not know YOU. Noone but YOU knows your comfort levels and life experiences.

I guess it frustrates me when you ask for specific examples for this reason, that every person is different. Every situation is different. It may work for Kifle to hand a girl a phone number, situationally, however, it may be too much. Today's women are different, chivalry does not always work, nor does the *take charge attitude*. Read each person and judge what actions are appropriate. Personal appearance counts, but keep in mind that tattooed, pierced up girl may be the sweetest nicest girl you'll ever meet so maybe forcing a drink on her is not the best option. That conservatively dressed girl may be your tiger in disguise. I think we had a HUGE appearance based thread, take some of that to heart as well since each first meeting is like an interview but often times you will be given a second chance unless you REALLY screwed up.

I think it is time to stop looking to this thread as how to meet women and just go out there and do it. There is a mate for everyone, you may have to weed thru a lot of girls to meet her, your heart will get broken a lot judging from your persona online you will get attached VERY easily, but never give up. She IS out there.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Ambar wrote:The meetup groups IS a good idea but you may have to try several til you find an active one, and your better ones don't meet at bars every time.

Hey! Remember I run a group dedicated to meeting at bars...

I'm in other groups, and do lots of other things with them. However, this may be a cultural thing. Let's put it this way, last night we went to a burlesque show... after the show the first thing someone said was "hey let's go next door and get some wings/beer." (No, it wasn't me who said it...)

Hell, the night I met the bartender we were supposed to do Shakespeare in the Park but it got rained out. We went to someone's house to drink the wine, then decided to go to a bar for a nightcap. And this is the group that _doesn't_ do bars!

Drinking's about all we've got in Buffalo, especially in the winter. :P

I guess it frustrates me when you ask for specific examples for this reason, that every person is different. Every situation is different.

Remember I'm new at this. Roughly 15 years behind where I should be on the experience curve. I know each person/situation is different, but this is a learning exercise for me. I need as much info as I can get, and when it comes down to it when I actually see her (hopefully tonight) I'll probably end up mixing and matching from all the different advice I get. (Don't spend so much time in bars, however, really isn't going to apply here...)

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Ambar wrote:I love you Carl, but you only pretended to be a woman :)

Well played. Well played...

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Kifle wrote:
Wish I had some nice impressive business cards...

No

You know, I'm still wondering about this part... what's wrong with a business card to hand to girls?

Going out for beer tasting now, the plan is/was to stop by her bar afterwards and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

(Was is in there because I'm not feeling that great right now, so may skip out until I'm feeling better... :( )

Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Sarvis wrote:Remember I'm new at this. Roughly 15 years behind where I should be on the experience curve.

You don't gain experience by reading message boards and asking for advice. Only real life action and results can give you the experience required to be good at any of this. Honestly, you shouldn't even be listening to us. You should hire one of those 'life coaches' that will provide in-person guidance, since all this text goes out the window with the first hints of hormones and booze, and that's the environment you'll be operating in.

Kind of like live-fire exercises for the army... Fire rates were as low as 20 percent (only 20 percent of soldiers would fire their weapons at the enemy) until they started training in real conditions with life-size, human-shaped targets. The meetups are a good step, but practice only helps if you're actually practicing correctly, which is where the coach would come in. If you can't afford one, get a RL friend to assist.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 am

Sarvis wrote:
Kifle wrote:
Wish I had some nice impressive business cards...

No

You know, I'm still wondering about this part... what's wrong with a business card to hand to girls?

Going out for beer tasting now, the plan is/was to stop by her bar afterwards and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

(Was is in there because I'm not feeling that great right now, so may skip out until I'm feeling better... :( )

Because I don't think you go to the proper environment for it to be seen well. If you're talking to another professional, yes, this is a good idea. A lot of women will see it as you trying to brag about having a good job (i.e. money is your only redeeming quality). There are some women who will be impressed with it, but I wouldn't think it is a high probability play. It's like the guy who says, "hey, you girls want to ride in my [insert nice car here]." Yeah, you can probably get laid, but is that what you're after? You don't try to catch a bear by baiting a fishing line with a worm. Sure, it may work, and somebody may give you some anecdotal evidence of such, but, again, think about your probability.

GL with the bar :)

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:45 am

Todrael wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Remember I'm new at this. Roughly 15 years behind where I should be on the experience curve.

You don't gain experience by reading message boards and asking for advice. Only real life action and results can give you the experience required to be good at any of this. Honestly, you shouldn't even be listening to us. You should hire one of those 'life coaches' that will provide in-person guidance, since all this text goes out the window with the first hints of hormones and booze, and that's the environment you'll be operating in.

Kind of like live-fire exercises for the army... Fire rates were as low as 20 percent (only 20 percent of soldiers would fire their weapons at the enemy) until they started training in real conditions with life-size, human-shaped targets. The meetups are a good step, but practice only helps if you're actually practicing correctly, which is where the coach would come in. If you can't afford one, get a RL friend to assist.

I disagree to a point. You may not be able to gain experience, really... but book learning certainly has it's place. That's what this is. At the very least I can apply ideas you guys present o real world situations.

I went to the beer tasting, found my new favorite beer (Ommegang Three Philosphers) and then drove over to bartender chick's bar. Screwed up my courage to go in.... and she wasn't there. Guess I'm going in sober after gaming on Saturday. Shit... was barely brave enough to go in after beer tasting tonight!

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:42 am

You just have to think like you don't give a damn what she says. If it's a yes, great, if no, start looking for the next prospect. It's easier said than done, but the more you try to think like this, the easier it becomes -- until it is second nature.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Sarvis wrote:Guess I'm going in sober after gaming on Saturday. Shit... was barely brave enough to go in after beer tasting tonight!

40 Year Old Virgin wrote:You know what you're problem is? You're putting the pussy on a pedestal.
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Yeah... guys, remember that there are times when almost any social interaction scares me. There have been times I've seen someone I know in a mall or something, and got scared so I ducked into a store to avoid them. I wasn't afraid of being rejected by this girl, I was afraid to attempt talking to someone.

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Handing out business cards seems so lame...I'm sorry. Besides, my impression is that you are handing out the card to avoid a direct interaction. That is just prolonging the pain because, assuming anyone calls, you still have to have that awkward first interaction.

Anyway, I randomly saw this stuff on the net awhile back and remembered this thread:

http://socialskydivingwithjustin.posterous.com/

http://30sleeps.com/blog/2007/08/01/social-skydiving-the-art-of-talking-to-strangers/
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

There's a similar concept in The Game and among the pick up artists called "The Newbie Mission." Basically you're supposed to dress nice and go to the mall (or some other high traffic public space,) making eye contact with everyone that passes by and saying hi. I do this intermittently, if I see someone interesting or cute... but haven't really gone out and done the actual "Newbie Mission" yet.

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Todrael wrote:
Sarvis wrote:Fourth: why on earth would anyone at 4chan know anything about women?

Because even assholes have friends, and even ugly people get laid.

I am living proof! HAAAARRRR!

Oh and on another note: I have a friend who's been dating a new girl, on average about every two weeks, thanks to this book(and his inability to close the deal). I personally think it is sad to watch him fail time and again with women, but he puts it past himself immediately and goes to find a new one. He's not all that charismatic, stutters and can't find the right thing to say and everything else, but sometimes that can be an attractive quality I guess. I think the main point here is: there are more bitches in the world than decent women, so why get hung up about one more than another.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Don't give a girl your business card. It's so cold and impersonal... if you asked a girl for her phone number and she pulled out a small stack of printed cards and handed you one, would you have a favorable opinion of her? Like... seriously? How many of those do you give out?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 pm

Ragorn wrote:Don't give a girl your business card. It's so cold and impersonal... if you asked a girl for her phone number and she pulled out a small stack of printed cards and handed you one, would you have a favorable opinion of her? Like... seriously? How many of those do you give out?

I'd probably just be happy to get her number. :P Ok, I guess I see your point though...

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Ragorn wrote:Don't give a girl your business card. It's so cold and impersonal... if you asked a girl for her phone number and she pulled out a small stack of printed cards and handed you one, would you have a favorable opinion of her? Like... seriously? How many of those do you give out?

I'd probably just be happy to get her number. :P

There probably isn't a girl in existence that has been or will ever be as hard up for sex as you are right now either :) An amputee woman can hobble in to the bar and leave within 20 minutes with some guy trying to screw her :) Never underestimate the PoP -- something you don't have.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

There probably isn't a girl in existence that has been or will ever be as hard up for sex as you are right now either :) An amputee woman can hobble in to the bar and leave within 20 minutes with some guy trying to screw her :) Never underestimate the PoP -- something you don't have.

Oddly enough, as hard up for sex as I am I wouldn't bang an amputee woman who hobbled into the bar. :P

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:52 am

Sarvis wrote:
Kifle wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

Oddly enough, as hard up for sex as I am I wouldn't bang an amputee woman who hobbled into the bar. :P

Apparently you aren't the guy sitting next to you at the bar getting laid :)

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:01 am

So does anyone actually care about my continuing adventures with Darlene the "Let's just be friends" girl or the Bartender?

If not, I'll let the thread die...

avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 am

Sarvis wrote:So does anyone actually care about my continuing adventures with Darlene the "Let's just be friends" girl or the Bartender?

Are you kidding?!? I'm living vicariously through your torment since all I can manage is a constant barrage of completely hot, intelligent women wanting to talk to me.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:45 am

avak wrote:
Sarvis wrote:So does anyone actually care about my continuing adventures with Darlene the "Let's just be friends" girl or the Bartender?

Are you kidding?!? I'm living vicariously through your torment since all I can manage is a constant barrage of completely hot, intelligent women wanting to talk to me.

RL is TPKing the 3-man party of my ID, Ego and Superego.

Let's hear some stories.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 am

Sorry everyone else, but Xisi has spoken! :evillaugh: (And I can't sleep for some reason...)

The Bartender:

So I popped back into the girl's bar tonight for a few minutes. (Tried to get some people together to play pool or darts, but everyone backed out at the last minute... so I had to go in solo.)

Me: Captain and diet

Her: That's 2.75

Me: Do I know you from somewhere, you look familiar?

Her: Weeell, a couple weeks ago...

Me (Cutting her off): I'm kidding! It'd be pretty bad if I forgot you again, right?

Her: I wasn't sure, I didn't know if you were really drunk or something...

Me: Well, maybe a little. But mostly I was tired, I'd kind of checked out for the night...

So we talk a bit more, and she mentions that it was ironic since she had just met the two guys she was with that night at work and they wanted to go dancing. She makes change, we talk a bit more and then she basically goes back to work and doesn't really pay any more attention to me.

I replied to a couple text messages while I finished my drink, then just took off... the theory being that way I look like I was busy and just popping in for a second instead of going there specifically to see her.

So, I figure the good points are:
She pointed out neither guy was a boyfriend.
She let me know she works Friday early evenings (since that's when the two guys picked her up)
She's clearly more than willing to go hang out with guys she meets at work

The questionable part is that she didn't really pay any attention to me after the initial drink purchase. It wasn't that busy, though there were customers and she did seem to be working the whole time... so not sure if she had no interest, was ignoring me to try and get me to chase after her, or was actually just busy for the 10 minutes I was there.

Thoughts?

I'm figuring pop in within the next couple weeks, but not sure if I should try to get my friends together again or pop in somewhere near shift end and see if she wants to go dancing.

Darlene:

Not a big event here, but she set up a meetup to play mini-golf again. Another girl came out this time, who was pretty cute so I tried flirting and talking with her a little. Well, in an obvious effort to challenge Kifle's Theory of Female Simplicity, Darlene gets progressively touchier with me. First patting me on the back after someone makes a joke at my expense, progressively moving up to putting her arms around me in mock comfort, to finally making sure she's pressed against me for a couple seconds.

Sorry, but I've just never had a _friend_ hug me and press her breasts into my back just because I made a self-deprecating remark before. :P

The other girl was cute too, so hoping I see her again.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:22 am

Bartender: go with friends next time. Good shot this time. Well played, imo.

Darlene: people want what they can't have. When they can have it again, they lose interest. Maybe she has reevaluated you. It's not a woman thing; it's a human thing. Let her chase you, though. You explicitly express interest again, and shit could backfire fast. Let her make the next move.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Bartender: If you don't ask her out the next time you see her, it will be too late to ever do so. Just sayin'.
- Ragorn
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:16 am

Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 am

Botef wrote:Image

Ugh, not altogether unlike what happened tonight.

Saw one girl I thought was glancing my way, was going to do a get eye contact and motion for her to join me on the dance floor thing but the music at that point sucked. She went to the bathroom with her friend, so I started dancing anyway.

While dancing the dance floor started getting pretty empty (it was getting kind of late) and at one point some blonde chick came up to dance with me. Something about her demeanor just screamed sarcasm, as if she and her friends were amused by my attempts at rythm. I still danced with her for a couple minutes, because... well I was enjoying dancing and why not?

A little later a couple black girls sandwiched me. Score! First ever sandwiching. Danced with them for a song or so before their boyfriends came back. I knew it wasn't going anywhere, but they seemed to actually just be dancing, not... you know, sarcastically.

Anyway, confidence restored I noticed the girl again and decided to approach and see what was up. Here's the painful conversation that followed:

Me: So how come you're not up on the dance floor?
Her: Oh, we're just dancing over here (she was doing that half-dance "I want to dance but no one will dance with me" thing while her friend was just standing there being as un-dancy as possible.)
Me: Oh, so... uh, having a good night? (I had expected something like "my friend doesn't really like to dance" and had no idea how to continue from her statement)
Her: "Yeah pretty good."
*awkward silence"
Her: *points at someone and talks to her friend, both laughing*
Me: "What's so funny?"
Her: "We work at denny's and that guy's shirt looks just like a denny's uniform."
Me: "Yeah, I actually have the same problem with one of my shirts.. my friend always says it looks like a Target uniform!"
Her: *blank stare*
*awkward pause*
Me: Have a good night...

I don't know. I can do ok if I have something to work with, but she wasn't giving me anything really. What am I supposed to do with "looks like a denny's uniform?" Bleh.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:42 pm

More than anything else, this thread is lacking pictures.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”