The Game

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: The Game

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:15 pm

amena wolfsnarl wrote:sometimes u gotta say "Boyfriend be damned im going for it!" next time u guys are having a couple drinks GO FOR IT! kiss her, whisper sweet nothings in her ear, and HIT THAT!

I would go to jail for beating the shit out of you if you tried that with my girlfriend. No, seriously. Do not kiss this girl. She has a boyfriend, and it's not you. It's ok to tell her you're interested, but for fuck's sake, don't make a physical move. I don't think you will, because I think you have a little more respect than that.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Ragorn wrote:
amena wolfsnarl wrote:sometimes u gotta say "Boyfriend be damned im going for it!" next time u guys are having a couple drinks GO FOR IT! kiss her, whisper sweet nothings in her ear, and HIT THAT!

I would go to jail for beating the shit out of you if you tried that with my girlfriend. No, seriously. Do not kiss this girl. She has a boyfriend, and it's not you. It's ok to tell her you're interested, but for fuck's sake, don't make a physical move. I don't think you will, because I think you have a little more respect than that.

Like I said, the only thing that kept me from kissing her when we went out barhopping was not wanting to be that kind of guy. I'd literally start leaning in for the kiss, then get angry at myself for doing so and step back.

Oh well, some time with Sue should help keep my mind off her...
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 pm

How's the circle jerk going?

Getting sticky in here.

Thread needs more tramp stamps or splat tatts
Last edited by Verarb on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

So have druids _ever_ been useful? ;)
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:08 pm

touche
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I saw Verarb in this thread.

Not lying.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 pm

*sigh* Sue just cancelled because she has the flu. Sometimes I think God is cockblocking me...

Maybe he's mad because I dressed up as a monk for Halloween?
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Dude, you're cockblocking yourself. I am not sure I have ever seen someone be so passive. Go to the Podville of women and test your sword out by killing some shiT!!!!!!!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 pm

avak wrote:Dude, you're cockblocking yourself. I am not sure I have ever seen someone be so passive. Go to the Podville of women and test your sword out by killing some shiT!!!!!!!

Err... podville of women? Is that near Syracuse or something?

In any case, I'm pretty sure I'm not the one who gave the flu to Sue...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:38 am

I think he means go bang some uggos, fatties, or bar skanks. The easy exp.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:51 am

I think I'd rather power level, maybe borrow some shiny eq from someone and skip straight to BGR or something. ;)

I mean hell, I never even bothered with Podville in the game!
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:32 am

Yeah, metaphor master, it means go gain some confidence on easy targets. I am honestly starting to get tired of the same story..."so, I was close to this one girl that I liked that probably kind of liked me...I said or did next to nothing...something almost happened and then it didn't...then it got all weird and shit because the girl was crazy and now I am confused and !laid again." I mean seriously dude, in about half or more of these stories you -should- have gotten the goods had you just -said- something or -done- something. Do you see the issue? It is not some complicated formula that every other guy in the universe was handed at puberty except you....you have to say, gd I am so fugging nervous right now, but here goes nothing. I mean, shit dude, you're getting epically rejected anyway, what the hell are you worried about? Based on the fact that women consistently show -some- interest in you, I would say it is a fair guess that you can succeed for once; if you take some bold action.

That is what I mean by "go to Podville..." Just like in the game, you send the noob to Podville to try out the sword, try engaging, try getting smashed with an easy CR. Stop this self-sabotage BS by going after women that are strippers or in a relationship or in some other fundamental way...completely insane.

My current ltr started with a quick ramp-up of obvious tension (something you can obviously identify) culminating in me saying something like, "Okay, here's the deal...I'm totally into you and I want to consummate this bitch RIGHT NOW." And I'm talking about an extremely attractive, talented girl with only the prerequisite minor neuroses.

So, you have the first steps down...go to places where there are girls that might be interested. Talk to them. Find one you like. Seal the MFN DEAL. Sorry for the belligerent caps and shit, but jesus...everyone has been saying the same things for months and months and months.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:13 am

avak wrote:My current ltr started with a quick ramp-up of obvious tension (something you can obviously identify)

The thing is, the only time I've identified this is in a stripper or a girl with a boyfriend. I mean, really.. the whole thing with Sue is that there were signs she was interested that even I could recognize, but she keeps not fucking showing up to other meetups and I have no way of getting in touch with her. Are you fucking dense or something?

The only fucking "pods" I'm passing up on are married or in a relationship. Call that "self sabotage" if you will, but other than sue it's my only fucking options. I don't know some magic place to go where the women are all interested in me. I went downtown tonight and talked to a few girls, but none of them found a reason to stick around so I'm guessing that drunken beggar's night wasn't quite the podvillle you think I should be at.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:05 pm

All I know is, next year I'm going as a shower. The one dude who came out last night went as a shower, and just about every girl went out of their way to talk to him about it... even getting in the fucking shower with him.

How he failed to go home with any of these girls is anyone's guess...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm

You want to fail because you are comfortable in the victim role.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Corth wrote:You want to fail because you are comfortable in the victim role.

Spoken like a true Randian. Outside forces never affect anything after all, which is why I snuck into Sue's office and spread flu germs all over the place the other day!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 pm

For all we know, this 'Sue' is a figment of your imagination, meant to reinforce your victimhood with your audience (us).
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:44 am

Umm... you live in a strange, strange world there Corth.

Sue is real, except that that isn't her actual name.

Even if she wasn't, I'm hardly playing a victim by pointing out that she didn't show up at a party. It's just a response to the wild accusations you guys are throwing around that I'm somehow not trying or something.

Hell, I did hit on the only single girl who came to the party... and afterwards I went downtown with one of the guys from my meetup group and hit on 3 or 4 women.

So yeah, go ahead and keep trying to throw some label on me... then wonder why I sound so bitter in my replies. :roll:
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:30 am

I make you bitter.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Corth wrote:I make you bitter.

Obama makes him bitter.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Pril wrote:

Obama makes him bitter.

You're thinking of Kiryan... Obama makes me glad Bush is gone. :P
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am

Sarvis wrote:
Pril wrote:

Obama makes him bitter.

Well Obama SHOULD make you bitter. If he doesn't then that may be why you can't get a girl :)
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

Pril wrote:
Sarvis wrote:
Pril wrote:

Obama makes him bitter.

Well Obama SHOULD make you bitter. If he doesn't then that may be why you can't get a girl :)

That only applies to southern states.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 am

Sarvis,

Post your current situation. The lulz must continue.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 am

I pretty much covered my current situation... was something supposed to have changed since Saturday?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:06 am

I've gotten laid thrice since, fired by my bipolar boss, and rehired 2hrs later. Much can happen.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 am

Kifle wrote:I've gotten laid thrice since, fired by my bipolar boss, and rehired 2hrs later. Much can happen.

Well good for you.

Let's see, Sunday I helped my mom pack and then we had dinner and watched the Amazing Race. I'm watching her cat, who woke me up about 5 times in the middle of the night so I could watch him eat. (He's skittish, and isn't taking well to the new apartment... mostly I was just glad he was actually eating!)

Monday I accomplished just about nothing at work, and was dead tired when I got home.

Tuesday I called in sick because the cat kept me up all night again, then when I did wake up helped my mom pack some more stuff.

Tonight I had training after work for 4 hours.

So yeah, haven't exactly had time to go out and meet anyone... and since I don't have any girls handy at home there's just nothing to tell you guys about.

Maybe Kifle should start posting his life story, it sounds more interesting.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Calling in because you are tired is so lame, LOL

Waiting on hold with Blizzard is excellent cause to check out the Sarvis thread, glad i didn't waste any time, heh

I suggest a complete reroll, restat as it were, go to the elementary schools and ask the 5 year olds for advice. Hey wait ask my 4 year old grandson, he's already had his first girlfriend and survived the breakup!! Grown men and women don't seem to help you, your aggro level is too high! This thread is all just comedy now, was fun to be part of it when you were receptive to change / advice but now it is too late.

Good luck in your failing efforts tho :) There is someone out there for everyone!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Ambar wrote:Calling in because you are tired is so lame, LOL

Waiting on hold with Blizzard is excellent cause to check out the Sarvis thread, glad i didn't waste any time, heh

I suggest a complete reroll, restat as it were, go to the elementary schools and ask the 5 year olds for advice. Hey wait ask my 4 year old grandson, he's already had his first girlfriend and survived the breakup!! Grown men and women don't seem to help you, your aggro level is too high! This thread is all just comedy now, was fun to be part of it when you were receptive to change / advice but now it is too late.

Good luck in your failing efforts tho :) There is someone out there for everyone!

Considering you were the one constantly saying I wouldn't listen to one... which part was the part where I was "receptive to change" exactly?

And I'm sorry if "go to podville" isn't exactly advice I can follow right off the bat.

Or are you suggesting that I should make out with Ellen next time she engineers for us to be alone together?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Ambar wrote:Calling in because you are tired is so lame, LOL

Considering you were the one constantly saying I wouldn't listen to one... which part was the part where I was "receptive to change" exactly?

And I'm sorry if "go to podville" isn't exactly advice I can follow right off the bat.

Or are you suggesting that I should make out with Ellen next time she engineers for us to be alone together?

You should totally make out with Ellen next time!
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Bodyslam her!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 am

I find it funny when people make fun of Sarvis in this thread... as if they had the balls to ever admit they had women troubles, let alone follow some generally dubious sex/relationship advice from a community of mudders. Hell, most 2/3 men my age can't even approach a women, let alone get shot down and go back at it. To be quite honest, Sarvis is being more of a man than you people give him credit for.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 am

I never said he wasn't a man, I just want him to dress up like a donkey and go to tijuana or go hook up with Ellen, is that so wrong?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:14 pm

I've had plenty of woman troubles. Hell, I'm divorced. Nobody is making fun of Sarvis because he's bad with girls... he gets made fun of because he solicits advice and then argues with the person giving it.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Ragorn wrote:I've had plenty of woman troubles. Hell, I'm divorced. Nobody is making fun of Sarvis because he's bad with girls... he gets made fun of because he solicits advice and then argues with the person giving it.

That is the perception... the really funny part being I agreed with you completely about not going for Ellen. And only MET her in the first place following the advice of some of the people who actually provided relevant advice.

Sorry if "you're trying to fail" isn't something I really consider valid advice...

Oh, and I wasn't really asking for advice on the Ellen thing either. I was curious to see what you guys would say, but I already basically know where I stand with her and that I don't want to make a move due to my own "twisted" moral code... and Kifle was begging for things to read on the forum.

Maybe I shouldn't have argued with Ambar on that last part, I can probably get a nice windowless van and some lolipops after all. It's about as useful as any other "advice" she's given so far.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I've had plenty of woman troubles. Hell, I'm divorced. Nobody is making fun of Sarvis because he's bad with girls... he gets made fun of because he solicits advice and then argues with the person giving it.

That is the perception... the really funny part being I agreed with you completely about not going for Ellen. And only MET her in the first place following the advice of some of the people who actually provided relevant advice.

Sorry if "you're trying to fail" isn't something I really consider valid advice...

Oh, and I wasn't really asking for advice on the Ellen thing either. I was curious to see what you guys would say, but I already basically know where I stand with her and that I don't want to make a move due to my own "twisted" moral code... and Kifle was begging for things to read on the forum.

Maybe I shouldn't have argued with Ambar on that last part, I can probably get a nice windowless van and some lolipops after all. It's about as useful as any other "advice" she's given so far.

DOH! Sorry Sarvis i misunderstood you. When you said Ellen i thought you meant Lilithelle, if it's a different Ellen then I don't care nearly as much that you hook up with her. You hooking up with Lilithelle (Ellen) would be priceless. Carry on.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Have you tried being gay?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:01 pm

You know what, Rags is right... I should clearly just listen to everything everyone says! :roll:
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:23 pm

This entire thread has been a lampoon for months now. You should realize that.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Ragorn wrote:This entire thread has been a lampoon for months now. You should realize that.

*shrug* Like I said, I wanted to see what people said rather than actually solicit advice. That people still attempt to give shittily bad, confrontational advice and then bitch when I argue about it is the really funny part.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 pm

I think I'd rather power level, maybe borrow some shiny eq from someone and skip straight to BGR or something. ;)

I just thought the 'turn gay' advice might address this.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Sarvis, I gave you a TON of advice very early in the thread, from a woman's perspective even! You argue and argue til its just more fun to laugh at you, eventually I gave up .. Heck I think a few other women tried at first til you ran them off too! I'm sorry if you feel that I've not given any useful advice but after a while I just gave up. We can all offer advice til we are blue in the face or our fingers fall off from typing, but until you figure out what works for YOU, you are done. This thread has gone on long enough you should have the basics down pat but you still ask the Kindergarten questions "what does she mean when she doesn't call back" "should I make a play for her even tho I know she only wants to be friends" .. L2R!

We don't know you, we don't know these women you associate with. Just like a doctor cant diagnose an illness over the internet, we can't diagnose or help you without seeing you in action, seeing how you interact. We get one side stories from you. Hell you could be a hottie for all we know, but you could also be the guy who just gets drunk and acts like an ass every time he goes out, who knows! And before you read something more into it, I don't mean to say you need to be super hot to attract the opposite sex, it is all in attitude and how you deal with each girl, on her own merits. You can't assume every one girl wants the same thing from you. On the other hand, don't look at that hot girl and think she is off limits, 9 outta 10 chances are that most guys have had that same thought and haven't approached her.

All your experiences (or most of them) have sounded like alcohol was involved. Get outta that "I need liquid courage" thing, try it sober, heck if you NEED to go to bars, drink coke or something for a while and try it sober! This is the sort of thing I've been telling you all along, you just don't wanna hear it. You want us to tell you how to handle each and every girl you meet and .. it will not work! You have got to find what works for YOU! What works for Kifle, Ragorn, Pril, Corth, all the other guys who've posted, will not work for you. What works for Sarvis will most likely not work for them either so there we have it. I knwo the past Romeos have said all women can be treated the same, once you decide that is false you will do so much better! You can start out the same with each girl "hey my name is Sarvis, can I buy you a drink, coffee, whatever" and take it from there til you see what works for HER. Strike out, move on, think "O I shoulda done this or that differently, NEEXT ..." .. wash rinse and repeat until it pays off.

I think I will just start quoting past responses cause they are all the same!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Ambar wrote:
I think I will just start quoting past responses cause they are all the same!

They are all the same because you never actually answer the question I ask...

I mean hell, you seem to have gotten "should I make a play for her even tho I know she only wants to be friends" from "she forced me to hop in bed with her and keeps flirting with me but I don't want to try breaking up her relationship."

Yes, I do ask "kindergarten" questions because I'm still trying to figure this shit out. The reason I keep arguing with you, though, is that you never actually answer the question. Not matter WHAT I ask your answer is "don't go to bars." I get it, you have something against bars. I don't, I have fun in them and the few girls I've gotten anywhere with do as well.

Yet when I ask something like "what's a good way to approach a girl on the dance floor" you just tell me not to, rather than maybe something useful like "well this one time I was dancing and a guy... I thought that was cool."

I just don't get why so few of you seem capable of answering a question.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:04 pm

And again, I wasn't even asking about the Ellen thing... I had already made up my mind to back off. I just wanted to see what you guys would say, and apparently I've learned you don't read everything, jump to a conclusion and then repeat what you said before anyway.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Sarvis wrote:I just don't get why so few of you seem capable of answering a question.

Ragorn wrote:Sarvis: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Torilites1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
Sarvis: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Torilite5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Torilites6-8: "We're lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Torilite9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
Sarvis: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Torilite10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
Sarvis: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Torilites11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
Sarvis: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! WHY WON'T ANY OF YOU JUST TELL ME HOW TO DIG MYSELF OUT???"
Torilite19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Torilite20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
Sarvis: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Torilites1-20 piss in the well**
Torilite21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Ha ha, that is so classic. It just keeps on staying true too
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Seriously Rags, more like this:

Sarvis: HELP! I'm trapped in a well!
Ashiwi: Make sure you're looking around for any painfully obvious way out! (Sorry, couldn't think of a good analogue for her painfully obvious advice to dress nice and maintain decent hygiene.)
Ambar: Do nothing, and eventually you'll find yourself outside of the well!
Ragorn: Are you kidding, asking for help here is dumb! People will just make fun of you and make up stupid well-based analogies!
Kifle: Well, if you're trapped you probably can't climb up or you wouldn't be trapped. Here are some things you can try...
Ambar: Don't listen to him, what does HE know? I _am_ a well, trust me... just do nothing. You have to not want to get out of the well!
Dalar: Here's a guide to wells, how to deal with them and get out of them and all that!
Ambar: Basing your escape on a book like this is really .. dumb. We (wells) are real, brick and mortar. We don't want climbers, yes climbers get out...
Raiwen: I used this rope to get out of a well, here!
Sarvis: Ok, climbing on the rope...
Rags/Ash/Ambar: How come you're not listening to anyone!
Sarvis: This rope thing is working out pretty well but this next part is tricky... maybe someone could tell me how to get over this overhang?
Rags/Ash/Ambar: You idiot, why don't you ever listen? We already told you everything!
Pril: Hahahahahahahaha

Oh, and Torilite1-20? 20? Really? What are there, maybe 10 people who browse the forums these days?

You're right about the pissing on me part though. Because apparently none of you have enough decency to help or even just butt out.

The closest to a "technical manual" I was handed is the book that started this thread. No one has thrown me a rope, other than suggesting some ways to maybe meet more women... which I DID. But no, misrepresent me reading that "technical manual" and using the "rope" as not listening. It's as intellectually honest as anything Kiryan or Teflor has ever said!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

And that is why I keep reading this thread, I love you Rags :)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Ambar wrote:And that is why I keep reading this thread, I love you Rags :)

You keep reading it to see something which was already posted, and you say I'm the one not listening?

Yeah, good one.

Again, clear why we're having this here problem.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”