animal rights folks get a taste of their own medicine

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

animal rights folks get a taste of their own medicine

Postby kiryan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4908756.stm

Bascially bunch of animal rights folks got harassed and their van forced off the road prior to the start of this years annual seal culling in Canada.

What I find find funny is that they are trying to make this a big deal when no one makes a big deal over anti whalers ramming whalers in antartic waters... a much more dangerous situation. They are so cared, theres like 5 different accounts from the same event showing how scared they were. Sure its not the same group of people, but as far as I know its the animal rights and environmentalists that are famous for these types of tactics whether its chaining yourself to a tree or trying to actively interfere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/0 ... 64551.html
Desirsar
Sojourner

Re: animal rights folks get a taste of their own medicine

Postby Desirsar » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 pm

My favorite stories are the ones of protesters outside of fast food restaurants that buy products from supposedly cruel farms, or ones outside clothing stores that throw paint or other damaging liquids onto people wearing fur or leather. I've always wanted to show up to these protests in my leather jacket, armed with a "morning star" (a creatively spiked wood baseball bat), and have some loose cooked burger patties to rub all over myself (possibly without a shirt on) before eating (or just chewing up and then drooling everywhere), and some milk from a dairy they still protest in cartons to smash over my head and then pour into my face like Steve Austin does with beers... just to see if they'll still mess with me. I would, of course, rip out their intestines and choke them to death with them, among other things, if they so much as touched me. (Despite having to try not to cry when I see injured cute animals or some sad scenes in movies and such, and a general attitude of wanting to run around everywhere playing superhero and beating up random violent criminals, I am fairly gruesome in methods of dispatching "justice". I'm pretty sure there does not exist an alignment or mentality in any RPG ever written that quite describes me.)

If I were the whaling expedition ship, I would bring guns or explosives. International waters are fun! So much so, that if I were to win the lottery, instead of trying to leverage investment capital for buying a European soccer team, I might spend some of the money on hiring Somalian pirates to go down there and cover the whaling ships, even if they don't want the help.

PETA members need to go to furry conventions and super glue their costumes to their skin and get it over with. They're more obvious than... crap, who's some really obviously gay celebrity that has no public relationships, straight or gay, that would be funny to mention in this joke? Bah, my pop culture references for one-lines are slipping!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: animal rights folks get a taste of their own medicine

Postby Sarvis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:47 am

Desirsar wrote:My favorite stories are the ones of protesters outside of fast food restaurants that buy products from supposedly cruel farms, or ones outside clothing stores that throw paint or other damaging liquids onto people wearing fur or leather. I've always wanted to show up to these protests in my leather jacket

My reply would be a little more tame. I'd just point out that I need to buy another one now, so they just killed another animal.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”