Right to Healthcare?

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Re: Right to Healthcare?

Postby kiryan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:48 pm

1) ok so after I wrote that I did reread it and go well not really NO additional cost, but relatively speaking not a significant additional cost. The big cost is hourly staff driving literally to every address in America 6 days a week.

2) fed ex and ups exist for 2 reasons. Overnight service and being able to call them for pick up service. USPS does not compete for overnight. I could be wrong, but I believe they are regulatorily barred from doing overnight delivery.

3) mail has been unprofitable for a long time. Yes technology plays a role in that from email to targetted mailing instead of mass, but so does their mandate and the union. The mail carriers I knew personally made very good money.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:30 pm

kiryan wrote:2) fed ex and ups exist for 2 reasons. Overnight service and being able to call them for pick up service. USPS does not compete for overnight. I could be wrong, but I believe they are regulatorily barred from doing overnight delivery.

"Guaranteed overnight delivery to most locations or your money back." - USPS.gov

However, I believe the city-to-city transport leg is contracted out to FedEx, just as international anything USPS is sent via common carriers.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Sarvis wrote:It's funny, Teflor claimed socialized medicine was rationing healthcare without ever realizing that a capitalist system rations healthcare as well.

I did no such thing. I posted some interesting excerpts from an article. Good job, super-reader.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”