fatwa, no body scanners

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

fatwa, no body scanners

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20100211/N ... uslims-say

This is gonna be great. full body scanners declared forbidden by Muslim council of North America. I can't see how it will be very long before all muslim councils support this same rule setting up religious freedom lawsuits all over the western world. TSA don't think its a big deal because the scans are optional... but that has to be their long term desire... and I can see councils ruling that pat downs are forbidden at some point too. Will be interesting to see how it develops.
avak
Sojourner

Re: fatwa, no body scanners

Postby avak » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah, have you seen the other option? Full pat down and inspection.

Who cares...the system is broken...we're a reactionary country. Shoe bomber? Now you have to take off your shoes...liquid threat? Now you have to get your water bottle tested. Etc etc.

The answer is real security through trained personnel and behavior profiling instead of this absurdity we currently have. That and a paradigm shift in foreign policy that makes us a friend and not a target.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Yea... I agree with you except even a shift in foreign policy is not going to make us not a target. We are a target for many reasons, including the simple truth that we are #1.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:33 am

Nowhere in the United States Constitution is the individual citizen guaranteed a right to fly. Furthermore, in defense of the Muslim council, no one should ever subject themselves to a full body scanner unless they really just don't give a crap.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:34 am

avak wrote:That and a paradigm shift in foreign policy that makes us a friend and not a target.

The idea that you can be a friend to all is simply absurd. It is also an ideal America has already been chasing for the last half a century. Next.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:43 am

There is a pretty obvious correlation between the aggressiveness and overtness of a country's foreign policy and the attention of terrorists. Suggesting we examine that is not the same as suggesting that we become friends to all.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

The Swiss: "In the Face of a Globalized Threat"

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:44 am

avak wrote:There is a pretty obvious correlation between the aggressiveness and overtness of a country's foreign policy and the attention of terrorists. Suggesting we examine that is not the same as suggesting that we become friends to all.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01795.html

In an intelligence report completed in May, the Swiss Federal Police reversed previous assessments that the domestic risk of terrorism was nearly nonexistent. The report concluded that Switzerland had become "a jihadi field of operation" and predicted that terrorist attacks were "an increasing possibility."

the Dutch government has classified the risk of a terrorist attack as "substantial," a threat level proportionally higher than in the United States

In October 2004, Spanish authorities announced that they had broken up a plot by a cell of Moroccan radicals to drive a truck bomb into the National Court building in Madrid.

-- It seems there were many foreign governments that once agreed with you, Avak. I don't believe they think that anymore. Certainly, the Spanish and the Japanese haven't for a while now.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:00 pm

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 pm

lol good point, the french / euro style of thinking just leads to capitulation and being conquered.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:15 pm

Like the Romans?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 pm

basically I'm done with war. I think we have an obligation to finish these 2, but I won't be supporting war with Iran even if they do get a nuclear weapon. Just let all the bitches in europe china and russia go it alone. time for isolationism and a big sign "miss me yet" when they figure out exactly how much "good" we were at least trying to do.

http://www.nationalledger.com/ledgerdc/ ... 0388.shtml
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:07 pm

kiryan wrote:lol good point, the french / euro style of thinking just leads to capitulation and being conquered.

Kind of the flip side of GWB's "Mission Accomplished"
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm

I am amazed about how foreseeing Allah was when he told the Koran to Muhammed.

The fact that he had a view about full bodyscanners in airports show just how insane knowledge he had.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”