Obama Ruling World by Fear

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Obama Ruling World by Fear

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:14 am

“I’m going to preserve all the tools that are necessary in order to make sure that the American people are safe and secure,” Obama stated flatly from the Oval Office during an interview in which first-strike use of nuclear weapons was discussed.

Obama put "outliers like Iran and North Korea," on notice, noting that they may be struck first with nuclear weapons, as they have violated the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Using this aggressive tone and threatening the new axis of evil, Obama did offer a small reprieve for weak and helpless nations by offering not to strike them with nuclear weapons if they remain flaccid and obey the non-proliferation dictates of the great American nation. However, Obama did note for the fear factor, putting the rest of the world on notice, that the United States would continue to develop an even greater conventional weapons capability as being effective in "all but the most extreme circumstances."

Ominous words indeed.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 088561.ece
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: Obama Ruling World by Fear

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm

God, it's about time. It's great to see an administration that isn't afraid to rule with fear and tyranny, as opposed to the flaccid and ineffective leadership shown by the last dictator. I only wonder whether our glorious leader should first attempt to strike outward at the heathens, or if he would be better served cleansing the enemies of democracy within our own borders.

A decision well worth pondering.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:43 pm

Why not do both since we're playing with house money?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Actually, that's a very astute point. What we should do is first levy a large tax increase on businesses... this would serve a dual purpose, as it would increase revenue and ferret out the unAmerican company executives who would try to move their assets overseas. We could then take this revenue and use it to set up a screening process to identify the traitors and cowards within our borders, who would then naturally be sent to serve in "Patriot Camps" in the Middle East, acting as first-strike spearheads for our campaign of peace and unification.

I like the way you think.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:47 pm

You know its pretty simple. Fear mongering is just emphasizing the aspects of a situation you want people to worry about. Why is this bad? How do you sell sanctions against Iran for developing nuclear tech in positive terms? How do you sell healthcare reform to people who are already satisfied with their system? Or "necessary" stimulus spending without talking about falling behind others?

I find it hillarious now that professor Obama is in the hot seat, he's seeing the real world, the real politics, the real intel. He's transforming much in the way that Bush transformed after 9/11 when "humble foreign policy and no nation building" turned into 2 wars and extensive nation building. He is becoming a liberal version of GWB. The same I am right mentality. The same fear mongering. The only difference is the arrogant position from which he started assuming everyone who came before him was an epic failure and he, the annoited messiah, was the only person who could save the world.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:54 pm

kiryan wrote:The only difference is the arrogant position from which he started assuming everyone who came before him was an epic failure

“President Reagan helped as much as any president to restore a sense of optimism in our country, a spirit that transcended politics — that transcended even the most heated arguments of the day,” Obama said. - Reality
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Ragorn wrote:Actually, that's a very astute point. What we should do is first levy a large tax increase on businesses... this would serve a dual purpose, as it would increase revenue and ferret out the unAmerican company executives who would try to move their assets overseas. We could then take this revenue and use it to set up a screening process to identify the traitors and cowards within our borders, who would then naturally be sent to serve in "Patriot Camps" in the Middle East, acting as first-strike spearheads for our campaign of peace and unification.

I like the way you think.

Ker-chow!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey, you guys did actually read the article from The Times, right? The text of my initial post was self-originated and not a quotation.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm

kiryan wrote:You know its pretty simple. Fear mongering is just emphasizing the aspects of a situation you want people to worry about. Why is this bad? How do you sell sanctions against Iran for developing nuclear tech in positive terms? How do you sell healthcare reform to people who are already satisfied with their system? Or "necessary" stimulus spending without talking about falling behind others?

I find it hillarious now that professor Obama is in the hot seat, he's seeing the real world, the real politics, the real intel. He's transforming much in the way that Bush transformed after 9/11 when "humble foreign policy and no nation building" turned into 2 wars and extensive nation building. He is becoming a liberal version of GWB. The same I am right mentality. The same fear mongering. The only difference is the arrogant position from which he started assuming everyone who came before him was an epic failure and he, the annoited messiah, was the only person who could save the world.

I actually think Obama isn't arrogant enough. It's really time to stop reaching out to the Roadblock Party. If there are Americans who would block our glorious ascent to world power with silly legislative tricks, I say we investigate them for ties to communism the way we did in the 50s with McCarthy, for they are Enemies of the People.

This coddling is eroding our moral fortitude, and must cease.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Obama has never reached out to the Republicans. He tries to use them as a foil or prop every single time.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 pm

I think Obama reached out to the republicans. unfortunately, it wasn't a real reach because Reid and Pelosi weren't interested in compromise with their super majorities. Republicans rightfully didn't bother to engage because it would've been pointless negative political fodder without reid/pelosi on board.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 am

kiryan wrote:I think Obama reached out to the republicans. unfortunately, it wasn't a real reach because Reid and Pelosi weren't interested in compromise with their super majorities. Republicans rightfully didn't bother to engage because it would've been pointless negative political fodder without reid/pelosi on board.

I agree. Both parties should refuse to negotiate, because negotiation with enemies is a sign of weakness. The Republicans understand that (and have since the previous dictator), and I'm glad that the ruling authority is finally starting to understand that as well.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

I think you missed the point, the democrats who mattered weren't interested in negotiating because they didn't need any republican votes. I don't blame them for expecting to get 90% of what they needed when they had 100% of the votes they needed, but saying republicans wouldn't negotiate when there is nothing on the table is intellectually dishonest.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 am

The only thing honest about social justice is the just-us part.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am

kiryan wrote:I think you missed the point, the democrats who mattered weren't interested in negotiating because they didn't need any republican votes. I don't blame them for expecting to get 90% of what they needed when they had 100% of the votes they needed, but saying republicans wouldn't negotiate when there is nothing on the table is intellectually dishonest.

If you can't tell that I've spent the entire thread just trolling you, I think you need to get a little perspective on politics.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

sorry, i don't get the trolling thing sorry even if i'm apparently guilty of it.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm

If giving the Republicans the reach out didn't work, perhaps a reach around would?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Yayaril wrote:If giving the Republicans the reach out didn't work, perhaps a reach around would?

That only works in airport bathrooms though...

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”