Obama and the rule of law

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Obama and the rule of law

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68050620100901

Man first he lets us down with science now he's just as bad as Bush at following the law!

Tries to ban oil drilling, gets overturned, basically submits the same ban and gets chastised in this lawsuit.

I'm not 100% against the ban, but I just thought I'd take a pot shot at the professor. Devestating the gulf economy, forcing BP to give handouts and all because of some academic well we shouldn't do anything until we study it further.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: Obama and the rule of law

Postby Ragorn » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Drill baby, drill! Open up all of our national parks and public land to oil derricks! The oil companies know what they're doing, what could possibly go wrong?

The conservative right, embarassed at being proven wrong AGAIN :)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:10 pm

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/re ... t-in-gulf/

Oooh! Will conservatives criticize Obama for not being involved enough? Over-regulating? Under-regulating? Interfering with big business? Confiscating tax money to force government into private affairs? Not being concerned enough about the affected families?

The suspense is killing me. Don't leave me hanging, kiryan... How is this Obama's fault??
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Hmm, let's see... the courts of rebuked the Obama administration twice on what amounts to the same piece of illegal legislation.

A smarter administration would have changed the legislation more before resubmitting it. Not this jackass administration with its disrespect of the constitution and the courts that it wasn't able to control.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:29 pm

whats funny is if we had a republican president, the environmentals would've gone katrina on his ass.

Bush adminsitration took liberties with the system imo. From torture to declaration to politicizing the DOJ appointments to reducing our civil liberties by way of patriot act.

I thought Obama campaigned against that? WTF? renewing the patriot act? Continuing the war in Iraq? Still has guantanmo open? Surging in Afghanistan? So was Bush right the whole time or Obama just sold us a line of crap to get elected knowing full well that the Bush way was the only way to get things done?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”