They Hate our Freedoms Explained

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

They Hate our Freedoms Explained

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 am

There were quite a few of you that questioned the logic behind the assertion that our enemy hates our freedoms.

Just check out now the reaction of many to the planned book burning by a small Florida church. Before it has even happened there are thousands worldwide those calling for the death of an entire people, culture, and way of life. This is what is meant by hating our freedom.

Freedom inevitably means people exercising speech that insults or offends. Freedom inevitably means that not everyone has to agree or follow the same set of beliefs. And there are plenty of people that will hate all of us because of some of us.

It's our duty to preserve freedom for the minority, especially those we disagree with, because in the end, if we do not stand up for each other, we lie down alone. This is the liberty that so many of our sons and daughters gave up so much for to be put to rest in lonely graves overseas. It's worth fighting for the stupid things that come out of someone else's mouth. One day someone might try to stop what comes out of yours.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: They Hate our Freedoms Explained

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:46 am

You realize you have the freedom to drink cyanide right? I'll fully stand up for your freedom to do so.

Does that mean it's a good idea?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:23 pm

To stand up for my freedom to do so? Yes.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Wow, your argument is so weak that all you could do is take advantage of an ambiguity in my post to make it seem like I meant something else?

Let me be clear. Is it a good idea for you to drink cyanide?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Sarvis wrote:Wow, your argument is so weak that all you could do is take advantage of an ambiguity in my post to make it seem like I meant something else?

It's healthy.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 pm

it is un-American to not believe in and fight for the freedom of speech. plain and simple.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Right. And the rest of us are telling this guy that burning Korans is a stupid idea. We have the freedom to do that. Why are you trying to quell our freedom to speak?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:31 am

Sarvis wrote:Wow, your argument is so weak that all you could do is take advantage of an ambiguity in my post to make it seem like I meant something else?

No, your question is what is weak. Consider it ignored.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Sarvis wrote:Right. And the rest of us are telling this guy that burning Korans is a stupid idea. We have the freedom to do that. Why are you trying to quell our freedom to speak?

Let me explain why no one has responded to your post.

1) It's stupid.
2) You're stupid.
3) No one suggested that you stop criticizing the idiots in Florida. I do it all the time with the Chad-ists (Vote Chad 2010! Whooohoo!).
4) Stupid.

But no, I say items 1, 2, and 4 in jest. I do not believe you are of below average intelligence. I, in fact, am in this very thread, advocating that we defend your right to speak, you jackass.

Did you read the title, or really, any of this thread? Read it again (hint: I am explaining what was meant by our enemies hating our freedoms). Man, I hate it when you frame a discussion in a way that you pulled out of your ass. I'm not sure if it's worse than an outright lie.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”