Cellular data/plan etc

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kwirl
Sojourner

Cellular data/plan etc

Postby kwirl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:28 am

I'm looking into switching carriers because I am interested in adding data usage to my cell phone, and am just fishing for information about people who have first-hand experiences with various companies.

I currently have at&t as my cell phone provider and have no problems with them for that function, i like rollover minutes a lot.

i am looking to get a plan that includes the ability to use my phone to provide internet access to my laptop on a regular basis, so i guess that means i want an affordable unlimited data plan. i've been hearing really good things about the Droid on that front.

what experiences do any of you have in that area in the us (i live on the east coast)
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Cellular data/plan etc

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I hear Virgin Mobile has a reasonably priced unlimited data plan. It runs off the Sprint network.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Damn mobile virgins why can't they just stay still?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 pm

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:06 pm

I've been looking and thinking for a while about data plans.

I've been with ATT, I'm probably moving to get an unlimited data plan for 2 of my kids. I wouldn't buy an unlimited plan for myself or my wife, we don't have enough time to do that much on the phone.

Verizon still offers an unlimited data plan its basically $40 a month (I think its technicalyl $30 + but I count the additional $10 for a 2nd line because I'm adding a phone). You can also get a 12% military discount on the data plan and a 15% on the phone plan portion. Text messaging I believe is extra.

Alltel offers an unlimited plan for $40 that includes unlimited texting. I'm thinking about moving to Alltel and then back to ATT (ATT bought alltel's assets in Montana). Once that happens, I'll get my rollover minutes back and the data plan will be grandfathered.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Verizon Wireless provides the best service and coverage with the most crippled phones.

Sprint bleeds subscribers and I'm amazed it hasn't been simply bought out.

AT&T charges a lot and has a crappy network.

T-mobile doesn't cover very much.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”