Republicans cut health care for children

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Republicans cut health care for children

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

http://www.azfamily.com/news/health/Cri ... 11799.html

Today's just a perfect storm of reprehensible acts by Republicans. First they cut health care for children to save money, then they have the gall to declare "Child Health Day." Typical Republican tactics, propose a greedy, underhanded program and give it a name that's the opposite of what it actually does so stupid Fox News watchers buy into it. See also: the Patriot Act.

This is why we must support federal legislation to prevent Republicans from taking health care away from our children.
kiryan
Sojourner

Re: Republicans cut health care for children

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:16 pm

education is worth its weight in gold. free money is a terrible terrible terrible policy.

so you want me to cry because this woman applied for "free money" and in doing that lost access to "free money" and now is hoping somehow someone will find a way for her to get "free money"? Sorry. What she needs to do is get a job, one with healthcare benefits.

Will you cry when McDonald's cuts healthcare for 30,000 people BECAUSE OF THE HEALTHCARE REFORM LAW? or cry when costs go up because of the reform law driving even more people to drop insurance?

http://www.latimes.com/sns-mcdonalds-he ... 5831.story

"That's a sticking point for McDonald's, which worries the mandate involving medical-loss ratios, or the percentage of premium revenues that goes toward medical services, will make an insurance plan for 30,000 workers at its franchise restaurants too expensive to continue, a company spokeswoman said."
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Sad to see republicans defending the loss of health care for children. I guess when you're more concerned about your bottom line than the lives of those around you, this is the unfortunate end result.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:31 pm

kiryan wrote:education is worth its weight in gold. free money is a terrible terrible terrible policy.

so you want me to cry because this woman applied for "free money" and in doing that lost access to "free money" and now is hoping somehow someone will find a way for her to get "free money"? Sorry. What she needs to do is get a job, one with healthcare benefits.

Will you cry when McDonald's cuts healthcare for 30,000 people BECAUSE OF THE HEALTHCARE REFORM LAW? or cry when costs go up because of the reform law driving even more people to drop insurance?

http://www.latimes.com/sns-mcdonalds-he ... 5831.story

"That's a sticking point for McDonald's, which worries the mandate involving medical-loss ratios, or the percentage of premium revenues that goes toward medical services, will make an insurance plan for 30,000 workers at its franchise restaurants too expensive to continue, a company spokeswoman said."

Regardless Kiryan, why is it good for the Republicans to do one thing while saying another?

Celebrate lies and you just get more of them.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:56 pm

You are never going to get me to agree that government should confiscate your wealth to provide for others. I'm regarded as very generous by most people who know me.

Giving should be a personal choice. Maybe it would be a better world if people actually gave to others out of the kindness of their heart and sympathy instead of having it confiscated and wasted. Were you happy about poor Octomom's million dollar doctor bill that was paid for by the state and probably federal dollars as well?

--

I'm sorry I must be missing something. I don't understand why Jan Brewer can't declare a child health day... and be against run away state funded children's insurance. Last time I checked health insurance was the responsibility of the parent to provide. You should be outraged this woman is being irresponsible and doesn't have a job or a husband, not angry that she lost her free money.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:59 pm

kiryan wrote:You are never going to get me to agree that government should confiscate your wealth to provide for others. I'm regarded as very generous by most people who know me.

Giving should be a personal choice. Maybe it would be a better world if people actually gave to others out of the kindness of their heart and sympathy instead of having it confiscated and wasted. Were you happy about poor Octomom's million dollar doctor bill that was paid for by the state and probably federal dollars as well?

--

I'm sorry I must be missing something. I don't understand why Jan Brewer can't declare a child health day... and be against run away state funded children's insurance. Last time I checked health insurance was the responsibility of the parent to provide. You should be outraged this woman is being irresponsible and doesn't have a job or a husband, not angry that she lost her free money.

Let's rescript that a bit. How would you feel if a Liberal signed a bill criminalizing certain kinds of guns, then declared it National Gun Ownership Day?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:59 pm

That would be fine. I'd attack him on the basis of restricting gun ownership and be excited the government taking a role in educate people on the benefits of gun ownership. If they called it gun ownership day and used it to discourage gun ownership that would be something entirely different. On the other hand if they then went on TV and declared themself a unadulterated champion of gun rights that would also be something different.

Also, there is a major difference between restricting gun ownership and promoting gun ownership. Brewer can state that she is working to save children's healthcare by saving the state's finances. She can not argue that she's working to expand enrollment. On the other hand she could probably argue that she has created or saved services for children's insurance.

It also depends on who I'm talking too. If you complain about hipocrisy in causes I support, I'll return the favor in an effort to demonstrate to you that same hipocrisy.

Child health day is a win for improving children's health even if cutting benefits for state run childrens health insurance is construed by some as negative. Take a cue from your administration, the questions i not if we are going to ration healthcare, it is if we are going to do it with our eyes open. Money doesn't grow on trees, there are healthcare cuts in store for us in the future whomever you are.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:50 pm

kiryan wrote:You are never going to get me to agree that government should confiscate your wealth to provide for others. I'm regarded as very generous by most people who know me.

You just threatened to sue the United Way. Sorry dude, "generous" isn't a term I'd use to describe you.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Ragorn wrote:Sad to see republicans defending the loss of health care for children. I guess when you're more concerned about your bottom line than the lives of those around you, this is the unfortunate end result.

Sad to see that you can't understand the bigger picture, or that stealing by the sword is wrong.

More money doesn't mean better.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Sarvis wrote:Regardless Kiryan, why is it good for the Republicans to do one thing while saying another?

Celebrate lies and you just get more of them.

No, the lie is trying to make health care more affordable by throwing more money at the health care industry.

Brilliant morons.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm

If its any consolation, I might name the united way in the suit, but I'd actually be targetting my former employer. Coercisive action like that is only legal in unions.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:17 pm

kiryan wrote:If its any consolation, I might name the united way in the suit, but I'd actually be targetting my former employer. Coercisive action like that is only legal in unions.

Or maybe you could have just left your former employer because you didn't like the way they ran their business. Freedom to work, personal responsibility, free hand of the market, and pushing to reform tort law to cut back on frivilous lawsuits... aren't those supposed Republican virtues?

Starting to think you're a RINO. You're awfully quick to abuse the same system you rail against.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Abuse? Sorry, but I haven't seen a philosophy in a free society that doesn't advocate corrective court action.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:05 pm

lol, are you seriously trying to call me out for choosing to exercise my democrat championed rights to sue the bejesus out of an evil corporation when i've been coerced to do something inappropriate in the work place?

sorry, you can call me whatever names you want, but i will do absolutely what is in my best interests and take advantage of every right every entitlement that I can despite whether it conflicts with my personal views on moral or governing issues. I'm quite comfortable with that. If I meet the standards, then you enacted the program so I could use it.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:25 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10 ... es-unions/

I don't know how you go about bashing health insurance for their profits, then turn around and grant waivers to quell bad press. I mean thats truly awesome. THat realyl creates the kind of environment that businesses want, one where you have to bribe and cajole the government into giving you a competitive advantage while other suckers get taken for a ride.

Oh I'm SURE they did it because of the merits of the case and not because of the elections in less than 1 month. Boy if they could only figure out a way to get campaign contributions they'd be set. and a special carve out for their union buddies, oh wait THAT WAS IN THERE!

have you no shame SIR!

Is this the kind of hope and change you were looking for? waivers for crappy over priced insurance policies? More expensive insurance policies?

--

Unions were among the major supporters of the president's push for health care reform. But some experts say less than a month before the Nov. 2 midterm election, the move signals a political concern.

"Democrats are going to have a hard enough time getting their candidates elected to the House and having a bunch of hamburger jockeys losing their health insurance is certainly not a way to endear yourself to the populous," said Joe Antos of the American Enterprise Institute.

Populist, thats a word they use to describe Hugo Chavez's, which is exactly where Obama and the Dems are taking us. Government issued credit cards used to buy whatever will get buy you votes in government run stores.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

kiryan wrote:sorry, you can call me whatever names you want, but i will do absolutely what is in my best interests and take advantage of every right every entitlement that I can

Sorry for calling you a RINO. You are, indeed, a true Republican through and through.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:55 pm

apology accepted, calling me a closet democrat was about as insulting as you could be!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:04 pm

kiryan wrote:apology accepted, calling me a closet democrat was about as insulting as you could be!

Oh I stopped calling you a christian because I figured that was too low a blow :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”