whats wrong with politics today

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

whats wrong with politics today

Postby kiryan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10 ... nactments/

This GOP candidate is being absolutely villified for participating in historical re-enactments with his son. The great offense he committed was dressing up as a nazi in some of the events. never mind that he is not a white supremacist (i mean he is GOP, but he's not a member of the aryan nation), never mind that he has released statements condemning the actions, never mind that in others he dressed up as a US soldier in other events. There is photographic proof he dressed up as a nazi and everyone and their mother is out there disowning him. Not just the democrats who obviously need to use this to have a chance at winning any election, but republicans too.

what the fuk is wrong with you people.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: whats wrong with politics today

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm

The problem with politics is that it's ok to dress up as a Nazi, but it's not ok to build a house of worship in New York City.

Let me know when you idiots work that one out.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm

You mean, through the details and nuance?

Let me know when you idiots have something substantial.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:00 pm

How about freedom of religion?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Which has in no way been compromised. Don't be stupid about this.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Not for lack of trying. The government is actually doing the right thing by not stopping the "mosque" construction. It's the people that are crying out for oppression.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Of course, you would be afraid of people exercising their freedom of speech. That fearmongering is really working out for you and your party.

Oh, and good job misinterpreting what the majority of people are saying. Very few are actually demanding that the government ban the mosque.

Actually GREAT job, Democrat, for pointing and screaming at the extreme minority in order to slander the majority.

Fantastic, fine, be stupid about this. It'll probably help you get your way, if you even know what communism does to societies.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Never said they couldn't say it, just said that they are calling for something fundamentally against what this country stands for.

Neither of us knows how many Republicans want the "mosque" construction stopped vs. how many are "silent" so you're full of shit for stating they are a minority.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 pm

This is utterly stupid by the way. It's not like he's saying that the Nazi's did the right thing he's dressing up to take part of a reenactment. This whole this is as retarded as saying that someone who reenacts the civil war supports slavery!
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Pril wrote:This is utterly stupid by the way. It's not like he's saying that the Nazi's did the right thing he's dressing up to take part of a reenactment. This whole this is as retarded as saying that someone who reenacts the civil war supports slavery!

Depends which side they're on. ;)

How come we never reenact other wars? Why not the Revolutionary War or something? Or one old enough for everyone to be using swords?

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Pril wrote:This is utterly stupid by the way. It's not like he's saying that the Nazi's did the right thing he's dressing up to take part of a reenactment. This whole this is as retarded as saying that someone who reenacts the civil war supports slavery!

Depends which side they're on. ;)

How come we never reenact other wars? Why not the Revolutionary War or something? Or one old enough for everyone to be using swords?

Revolutionary war: http://www.ushistory.org/valleyforge/youasked/046.htm
WWI: http://www.great-war-assoc.org/
Roman war reenactments: http://www.romanempire.net/romepage/Lin ... groups.htm

Should I keep going?
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Fair enough. Seems to be a lot less common or get less attention though.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Sarvis wrote:Never said they couldn't say it, just said that they are calling for something fundamentally against what this country stands for.

Neither of us knows how many Republicans want the "mosque" construction stopped vs. how many are "silent" so you're full of shit for stating they are a minority.

Again, no they aren't, you stupid bigoted dumbass. There is a huge difference between criticizing the mosque and demanding that the government make it illegal.

Get this through your head and stop being stupid about it.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 pm

:roll:

Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Sarvis, I know I told you once before but I'm not sure what the response was. At least I think I told you.

Voltaire did not write that famous quote that is attributed to him, it was from some guy who was writing a summary of Voltaire's thoughts or whatnot. Also, the actual quote from that guy was "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". He was basically just trying to paraphrase Voltaire.

Just an FYI, nothing sinister behind this :)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Sarvis wrote:Not for lack of trying. The government is actually doing the right thing by not stopping the "mosque" construction. It's the people that are crying out for oppression.

What I don't understand about this is how its ok for government to strong arm insurance companies, banks and the creditors of the automakers, but its not ok for them to do anything but express abject support for a muslim mosque built across the street from the largest foreign attack ever on US soil perpertrated by 11 muslims. No one in government will even call it "insensitive" which it clearly is.

I agree that the government should not stop the mosque, but they don't have to support it. and there should be some equity between how they treat other religions and the kiddy gloves they use when dealing with Islam.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Because there is no right to sell insurance, Kiryan.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Sarvis, I know I told you once before but I'm not sure what the response was. At least I think I told you.

Voltaire did not write that famous quote that is attributed to him, it was from some guy who was writing a summary of Voltaire's thoughts or whatnot. Also, the actual quote from that guy was "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". He was basically just trying to paraphrase Voltaire.

Just an FYI, nothing sinister behind this :)

Don't remember you telling me before, but fixed as best I am able. Thanks!

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:00 am

Hmm.. so apparently when this guy was first questioned he basically gushed about how amazing germany's war machine was... so he came off as pro nazi. it was only days later that he came out and issued a statement condemning the actions of the nazis.

i dont know sounded like to me that he was just a history buff. I mean really who else does these re-enactments other than history buffs? but maybe he is a closet nazi.. i dunno.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:22 am

kiryan wrote:Hmm.. so apparently when this guy was first questioned he basically gushed about how amazing germany's war machine was... so he came off as pro nazi. it was only days later that he came out and issued a statement condemning the actions of the nazis.

i dont know sounded like to me that he was just a history buff. I mean really who else does these re-enactments other than history buffs? but maybe he is a closet nazi.. i dunno.

John Stewart ran about 90 seconds of video of this guy goosestepping around, handing out pamphlets in nazi regalia, and generally looking a whole damn lot like a Nazi.

That's not to say he is one, but I'm not surprised that people would get the wrong idea.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”