Layovers are crap...

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Kifle
Sojourner

Layovers are crap...

Postby Kifle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:37 am

Stuck in LAX for 3 hrs tonight... who wants to bring me some whiskey?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Layovers are crap...

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 am

If only you were in SJC...
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 am

Bleh, I just had another layover for 10hrs in LAX yesterday. I'm so over flying...

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Kifle wrote:Bleh, I just had another layover for 10hrs in LAX yesterday. I'm so over flying...

Cali always makes long layovers in hopes that you'll spend money in their state!
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Did they grope your crotch?

more importantly, what did they find?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

Nah, no groping. They haven't been using those scanners at the airports I've been going to lately; however, the US customs is fucking irritating at the very least, and I'm getting damn sick of the inefficient TSA "security" lines. And if they did, I hadn't showered in almost two days (12hr flight from nz at 11pm + layovers), so my balls were something rancid at that point.

Now, I don't look middle eastern at all -- at all, yet as I was getting questioned about what I do for a living, by a guy that didn't even understand the basics of economics, let alone business consulting, another undercover agent came over and asked if I spoke arabic... because I have a fucking beard. Then as I was in line at the final checkpoint, because they are obviously concerned about getting everyone out in time (yet they only opened two desks to filter through almost 200 passengers at the first checkpoint), the guy got pissed at a mexican because he didn't hear him (not that he didn't speak english) tell the guy to get his passport out -- so the guy went to the end of the line. The customs agents make the TSA agents look like fucking angels who have a useful job and do it well.

Then I get to Houston... Where one person moves through the "boarding pass and id" checkpoint every six minutes. It took these fucks 6 minutes a person to check if the boarding pass matched the id and the person... Really? With 10 minutes to catch my flight, I finally get to the scanner. They were training a new idiot at the carry-on scanner, and she didn't know how to check laptops -- I had two. So what do they do? Oh, they don't get somebody to just say "this is what you do, which you should have learned in fucking training, you jackass". No, they show her how to call over the 70yr old cripple who does the manual check. I express to the guy that I have less than 10 minutes to run all the way to the end of the gate to catch a flight I was there with more than enough time to catch, and all he says is, "Oh, it's just down that hall, this wont take long..." So he slowly shuffles over to his table of testing equipment, not even noticing that he took the wrong laptop (I had already snatched the other and put it in my bag), and rubs it with some tab, sticks it in a machine... the machine fucks up. I have to do this three times -- all while some overweight retard asks questions a 3yr old with underdeveloped logic could figure out with 2 seconds of pondering. I zipped my bag so quickly afterwords, I broke the zipper off and ran. There were 3 people left to board when I got there.

In the future, I think I'll just take the week long boat trip and get there quicker.

Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 pm

In Canada we can bribe customs agents with beer, not that we need to though.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm

Face it Kifle - being a drug mule doesn't suit you. Any chance you can get back into the Mexican brothel business? :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 am

Corth wrote:Face it Kifle - being a drug mule doesn't suit you. Any chance you can get back into the Mexican brothel business? :)

Lol, nah, the drugs shipped over fine. The only thing I had on me when I went back to the states was some scales :) And no, I quit that company because the owner was a retard, and I couldn't take the stress anymore. I'll take airport annoyance over that stress anytime.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”