shoots form across the rink into a 6" goal...

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

shoots form across the rink into a 6" goal...

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-2 ... 91697.html

holy shit this is amazing. He shoots from across the rink... into a hole that looks like its no more than 6" wide... maybe smaller.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: shoots form across the rink into a 6" goal...

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 pm

I make that shot every time I bang your mom.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Seriously though, I do. Lol, but really, that's an amazing shot. The guy did step over the line though...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 pm

The difference in the angle necessary to make that shot at 192 feet (200 ft -4 ft for each goal line) vs 172 feet is .000302 degrees... or roughly 11.6% bigger (assuming the hole is 6" wide).

I'll tend to agree that the insurance company shouldn't pay. On the other hand, I think it would be reasonable to prorate the risk and give them a reduced amount. If you used the footage to determine how close to center the puck entered the goal... perhaps you could extrapolate whether the puck would've made it in shot from the "correct" distance. I'd say yes...

It looks pretty centered to me... you're talking 0.698 inc wider goal at 192 (with the wider angle).

Now that I think about it, my numbers are all off because I'm not considering the width of the puck. If a puck traveled the angles I calculated, it would strike the edge of the goal dead center and bounce out. We'd need to make around a .75 adjustment on each side (shrinking the angle) to actually make the shot... the figure of about 11.6% bigger would still hold after the adjustments since it would be applied in both the shorter and longer distance. Still, it looks like the shot was pretty centered.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”