Oregon it is!

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Oregon it is!

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 am

Mike, you mentioned it being cool enough to use a campfire. I'm looking at the second half of September or any time in October for Beverly Beach. I'm going to reserve my yurt next weekend, so is there a better time slot in that period that I should look for?

Would love to hang with some of you folk up there, but I'm going mainly for some time sitting on the beach with a thermos of margaritas and some time tromping through the woods with a camera. And maybe some scallops and fresh tuna in Newport. And deep sea fishing. If any of you buggers wanna drink margaritas on the beach with me or any of that other stuff, I will happily share.

Also, if anybody shows up at my cabin the day I go fishing, be sure to bring something to start the grill with. The last time I did that I came back with over a dozen sea bass.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Re: Oregon it is!

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:17 am

My late September and anytime October seems to be ok. I might just be joining for a few days. Should be fun.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:14 am

There's a very distinct chance that I will drive out this year. I could bring out whatever camping gear we could possibly need from tents to stoves. I'll look into bringing the boat down to the bay but I'm not sure if I want to go through the trouble of towing it that far for only a day or two. I'd bring a few poles and tackle no matter what.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm

hmm, thats bow hunting season. Opening weekend of bow season is labor day (or is it memorial day).

plus with any luck laurel will be at medical school...

If your flexible maybe we should do it earlier. I'll probably make it either way, but if I don't get an elk, i'll need more than the usual amount of sexual favors.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:59 am

If I'm flexible enough, why would you need the elk?

I don't think there's enough open time in the yurts during June, July or August. And Dave's going out of the country the first week of September.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Ashiwi wrote:If I'm flexible enough, why would you need the elk?

I don't think there's enough open time in the yurts during June, July or August. And Dave's going out of the country the first week of September.

Flexible enough for more than the usual amount of sexual favors? :O
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 am

Got a promotion today which will make it easier to get time off during the fall!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:28 am

Grats Jakie!!!

I'm making my reservations this weekend. If there are preferences speak now or forever hold your piece.

You'll hold it no matter what your preferences are, but speak anyway.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:18 pm

I've reserved yurt A06Y for September 27 through October 2 2011. I know it'll be starting to get chilly, but the days shouldn't be too bad. When I was there in November I was climbing mountains and riding the prow of a fishing boat and wore a light jacket during the day. There's a firepit for after the sun goes down.

If you guys plan on showing up let me know what the best day will be for a firepit, and I'll try to plan my fishing trip for that morning so I don't have to lug raw fish home in my suitcase.

I'm going to have a friend put together a makeshift itinerary for me, so I'm hoping to be wandering around a different area every day I'm there. If you Oregonites have any suggestions feel free to drop 'em on the table!

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:40 pm

As of this time, this is still in the plans. I have a lot of climbing to do in this life, and part of that is going to be on a mountain in Oregon in September. I have to miss as little work as possible between now and then, so keep your fingers crossed for me. All you Oregon people need to be ready to come eat some fresh fish with me.

linsow
Sojourner

Postby linsow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:19 pm

@Gormal: promotions are always nice :)

So, I hear there's a gathering ;)

My take on Oregon is, we should go do a hotsprings day, I just found one that is spectacular and worth the hike out, @North of Eugene called Cougar Springs. There should be hiking, possibly disc golfing, mini golfing, winery or microbrewery touring, plus the Oregon Aquarium or the free equivalent, the OIMB research building thinger right next door to it, in Newport. Additionally I would expect to harass the seamen for cod chiviche since the fish market in Charleston with it closed it's doors. We could go bar hopping in downtown Eugene, I have a place for maybe four to crash at on the westside there. Plus, smores...

Does anyone want me to try to get a hold of a 5 bedroom beachhouse in Yachats my roommate's family owns? It's got a purdy ocean view ^ .^

This memo has been brought to you by a large Dutch Bros. 911 blended coffee. <3

Megan L. Sowa
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Lets hope Kelly is still going.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:29 am

I will go or demons will rise from hell and consume the earth in fire and brimstone.

So Jake, can I rub your bald head when I get there? I could use a bit of good luck.

And Megan, hotsprings sound divine! That sounds like a fantastic day trip.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:21 pm

That depends on which head you want to rub and what kind you lucky you're looking for I guess.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Gormal wrote:That depends on which head you want to rub and what kind you lucky you're looking for I guess.

You see that? That thing you did? That's just wrong.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:16 pm

<3
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 pm

I'll do my damndest to get an elk with my bow so I can get out there with Laurel and the kids.

I second a hot spring trip.

The oregon aquarium is pretty decent actually, but you can stretch the whole thing into 2 hours. Sea world is way better.

Hiking sounds interesting, I usually didn't do a lot because of rain and the ticks which are usually worst in the spring.

One thing I used to do a lot as a kid was visit the nickel arcade in Salem and Eugene. I haven't been in years, but at the time the had current good working games and you could play for 8 hours on $7 (today's equivalent probably $10 or 15).

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”