Gurns is gone.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Teej
Sojourner

Gurns is gone.

Postby Teej » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Eilistraee is texting with Gurns' wife now. He died on Sunday, although in so many ways he'd died months ago.

There is no funeral or visitation or wake planned, although there may be a memorial service at some time. If you want, let me know and I will let you know if I learn of one.

Gurns was Warren Kubitschek, an education researcher and co-author of many papers. He also was a proud member of the Door County Folk Festival, participating extensively in the organization and in setting up the sound systems. A few years ago, he was a member of a folk band called Spatterdash, and it was very nice when he consented to bring his accordion up during one of his visits so we could hear him play. He was also Jergal, a truly valued member of the RP-Quest Sphere, a few years back. He wrote most of the region between the Refugee Camp and the far end of the tunnel into Ashstone, and helped hugely with the Finale, particularly with our descriptions. We all grew to fear his 'red pen.' :) Even more, he was a beloved friend to me and my family.

When you read the ansi book, with the old-style rhyme, please think of him fondly.
Nilan
Sojourner

Re: Gurns is gone.

Postby Nilan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:40 am

I am very sorry to learn of Gurns passing. He was a special person and an equally special friend. I know he touched alot of people, not only on this game but throughout life.

I will miss him very much.

Nilan
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Gurns (RP) (Half-Elf) stands here, riding Athsertuskelistas, the copper dragon.

~Fly free hon and thanks for the hours of pleasure you gave to others.~

My condolences to his family.

Lil aka Heather
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Gurns was one of the titans of my time, one of those individuals whose presence defined an entire class. Gurns was one of The Bards. He was a legend to me, in a time replete with legends.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 am

Kobei and now Gurns? :( Bards are becoming an endangered species
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 pm

I had to let the drugs die out of my system to a point where I could open this thread and not immediately dissolve into blubbering before I could reply to this. It's awfully hard to believe he's gone.

I've wondered before about the tuth of that old saying "Only the good die young." We know it's not really true, but I think we feel the loss of the good far more keenly. The loss of Gurns is something that will touch all who knew him.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:50 am

very sad to hear.. I remember Gurns really well.. he was a great guy. My condolences to the family. Again, very sad to hear about his passing. As Ragorn said, he was a legend.. he definitely was to me. I learned alot from him.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”