Domain List

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Domain List

Postby Shevarash » Mon May 26, 2008 1:21 am

Toril 2.0 Domain List

Here is the complete list of domains available in Toril 2.0. Each of these domains feature 10 spells, which are not listed here yet, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what will be available. Please see the Deities & Domains post in this forum as well as the Deity List post for more information.

Code: Select all

Domain Syntax Command Usage:
  domain                               - Display your available domain spells
  domain select <domain name>          - Select a patron deity
  domain list                          - List the domains you are eligible to select
  domain all                           - List all domains
  domain info <deity name>             - Display information about a domain
  domain help                          - Displays this list

Domains:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Air
Animal
Balance
Cavern
Chaos
Charm
Cold
Craft
Darkness
Death
Destruction
Drow
Dwarf
Earth
Elf
Evil
Family
Fate
Fire
Gnome
Good
Halfling
Hatred
Healing
Illusion
Knowledge
Law
Luck
Magic
Mentalism
Metal
Moon
Nobility
Ocean
Orc
Plant
Portal
Protection
Renewal
Repose
Retribution
Scalykind
Slime
Spell
Spider
Spirit
Storm
Strength
Suffering
Sun
Time
Trade
Travel
Trickery
Tyranny
Undeath
War
Water
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Klandal
Sojourner

Re: Domain List

Postby Klandal » Mon May 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Will the 10 spells per domain overlap elsewhere or are they all unique to that domain? Could we have a list of those spells when you get the chance please? I'd also love the descriptions of the spells and where they can be granted (ie. Granted: 6th cleric, 5th Law/Earth/Healing, Or Granted: 9th Healing only). This could tie up priest/mage types for at least a bit deciding which domain, if any, they want to choose.

Thanks in advance.
Klandan
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Domain spells are pretty mixed - there are some completely unique to their domain, some that are unique to domains in general, and then there are regular cleric/druid spells as well as spells that are otherwise wizard-only.

I will post a list of all of the domain spells at some point - there's an in-game command that lists all of them for a given domain, so I can run that for every domain and paste the output here.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed May 28, 2008 5:29 am

So are there base spells that every cleric will get? Or do you just get the spells from the domains you pick. Its my understanding that you will only get to pick 2 domains. Hope I'm wrong there. :)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Every cleric gets the base cleric spell list, which is the usual 10 circles full of spells. In addition, they get to pick one deity as their patron. Each deity is associated with up to 5 domains and the cleric can choose any two of the domains their deity is part of. These domains each give one spell per circle that can be prepared in a special slot only for domain spells. In addition, each domain grants a special power that fits with the domain's theme.

For instance, let's say you're playing an elven cleric who worships Shevarash. Shevarash has 4 domains: Chaos, Elf, Retribution, War. Our cleric chooses Chaos and War as their two domains. Each domain has 10 spells, one for each circle. Now, for each circle I can prepare I have one slot where I have to choose whether to prepare my Chaos or my War spell for that circle.

I hope that helps explain it, and this post explains it in much greater detail.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed May 28, 2008 2:02 pm

[quote="Shevarash"]For instance, let's say you're playing an elven cleric who worships Shevarash.[/quote]
Oh man... what a life.
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:07 am

Hey there Shev,

Just wondering if somebody was able to cut/paste those domain spells from the 2.0 testmud. It would also be nice to have help files and general in-game FAQ's available on the webpage somewhere. I'm not sure who takes care of that sort of thing but it would be nice to have a searchable/organized helpfiles section for perusers to see what the game has to offer (and get them to log on and try!).

Klandan
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Another option could be moving some of the new help files onto the main MUD for us to look at now. It may be a little easier to organize than calling them up yourself and cut/pasting (or not), and would allow us to absorb in a familiar manner.

Klandan
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Been 7 weeks, could somebody please just copy/paste the domain spells?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:41 am

Shev's already disappeared again, give it another few weeks before he comes up for air.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Not disappeared.

It's not a matter of just copy/pasting Klandal. There's no help file as it's all dynamically generated (which is much easier for us to maintain). So somebody needs to either manually look up every domain and then compile it, or I need to write something that displays all of them at once. I will get something posted up here as soon as I can.
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:43 am

Ahh, must have misunderstood your earlier post.

Thanks for the response.

Return to “2.0 Announcements”