Default Forum Style Changed

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Default Forum Style Changed

Postby Shevarash » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:51 pm

I've changed everyone's forum style to the new "subBlack" style, as it better fits our website's color scheme. It is now the new default style, but you can feel free to continue using the old "Chronicles" style, or one of the other styles available.

Click on "Profile" in the upper right menu, and scroll down to the "Board Style" popup menu. Select the style you want and hit submit.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:22 pm

ick! :P
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:48 pm

Sorry... this is putrid :)

Corth (who turned out the lights?!)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:25 pm

It looks nicer then before with the logo, but is a lot harder to read the text. I changed it in my profile after I gave up trying to read your announcement about it.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:53 am

Sesexe wrote:It looks nicer then before with the logo, but is a lot harder to read the text. I changed it in my profile after I gave up trying to read your announcement about it.

Really? I thought it was harder to read text in the old default scheme...

Not sure how I feel about this one yet. On one hand it looks kind of cool and "sleek" but on the other it is very jarring...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:14 am

Sarvis wrote:
Sesexe wrote:It looks nicer then before with the logo, but is a lot harder to read the text. I changed it in my profile after I gave up trying to read your announcement about it.

Really? I thought it was harder to read text in the old default scheme...

Not sure how I feel about this one yet. On one hand it looks kind of cool and "sleek" but on the other it is very jarring...

Yeah. It was just too much contrast for me.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'

Targsk group-says 'sexedse'

mount dragon

You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.

You have learned something new about mount!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:59 am

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I knew alot of you wouldn't like the contrast, but there's plenty of other styles to choose from. And the offer still stands to add any other ones that you guys want - there are a bunch over at http://www.phpbb.com/ if you want to take a look.

It *is* kind of funny to see mudders complain about white text on a black background though.. ;)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:06 am

Shevarash wrote:Hey, whatever floats your boat. I knew alot of you wouldn't like the contrast, but there's plenty of other styles to choose from. And the offer still stands to add any other ones that you guys want - there are a bunch over at http://www.phpbb.com/ if you want to take a look.

It *is* kind of funny to see mudders complain about white text on a black background though.. ;)

*snicker*

To be fair the text is just a little yellow...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:16 am

man, it just enhances my already white text on black/greys desktop theme. Long live Shev!
stuff.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:17 am

in my default mud color prefs, text reverses brigh to dim so its not as stark ...

what was default before? mines is always set to chronicles .. seems more *torilish* (oldE theme)
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:00 am

Shevarash wrote:Hey, whatever floats your boat. I knew alot of you wouldn't like the contrast, but there's plenty of other styles to choose from. And the offer still stands to add any other ones that you guys want - there are a bunch over at http://www.phpbb.com/ if you want to take a look.

Holding the Grammar Hammer aloft, Salen cast out the accursed 'alot', commanding it to return from whence it came.

And for the record, I changed my Mud colors specifically to avoid white on black.
emote Rescuepractice
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:33 pm

can you add the bionic one?
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:23 pm

are you gonna put the voting links up again?
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:55 pm

There is a bionic Grammar Hammer?
emote Rescuepractice
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:19 am

Salen wrote:Holding the Grammar Hammer aloft, Salen cast out the accursed 'alot', commanding it to return from whence it came.

I'll take that, thanks. I appreciate you holding my Hammer in my absence.

Some of you will be tickled to know that I wrote a nine-page paper on the historical uses of the word "myriad" for my History of the English Language class. Who says Sojourn isn't educational?
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:13 pm

Ragorn wrote:
Salen wrote:Holding the Grammar Hammer aloft, Salen cast out the accursed 'alot', commanding it to return from whence it came.

I'll take that, thanks. I appreciate you holding my Hammer in my absence.

Some of you will be tickled to know that I wrote a nine-page paper on the historical uses of the word "myriad" for my History of the English Language class. Who says Sojourn isn't educational?

Bah, you were 9,991 pages short of a real myriad paper..
emote Rescuepractice
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:27 pm

The professor said to keep it to five pages. I sure showed him.

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”