Tiamat is Back!

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Tiamat is Back!

Postby Shevarash » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:21 am

The title pretty much says it all -

Tiamat is back in Toril, and ready to cause some havoc.

First of all, forget everything you know about Tiamat - this is a completely ALL NEW zone written by Shevarash and Shar. Nothing whatsoever has been carried over from the old Tiamat with the exception of a selection of equipment.

Now, on to the details:

- Tiamat is an extremely hard zone-level encounter designed for a group of 25-30.

- The max group limit is raised to 30 while inside the Tiamat zone. This is automatic and nothing has to be done to enable it besides entering the zone. It is suggested that upon initially entering, everyone should follow one leader, and the group will be automatically formed the first time. After that, it is up to the group leader to manage.

- Tiamat features an extensive amount of special code. Be warned, many things here do not funciton as they do elsewhere.

- Tiamat is designed to be done with zero god intervention. In the event of a crash while doing the zone, the staff will decide on a case-by-case basis whether to reimburse the group.

- There is alot of new equipment in Tiamat's vault, and it will not always load the same. It will take several visits to Tiamat to uncover all of the treasures contained within.

- Please be aware that while we tested this zone to the best of our abilities, there may still be some errors or bugs lurking around. It is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that the first Tiamat run be planned for a Saturday night in which Shar and myself can be around to observe.

Many thanks to Eilistraee and Dugmaren for their help with this project, as well as everyone else who contributed in any way, even if the contribution did not make it into the final product.

Feel free to ask any further questions here, and enjoy the carnage!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:16 am

I like the stats to XXX, but why is XXX XXX? XXX stats on XXX items is nice, but no bard will depend on this XXX since he/she will only be using it for XXX song and uh that's about it really.
------------------------------------------
Please do not post stats on the BBS.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:05 am

TIME HAS CHANGED!
4pm EST saturday, for everyone who asked. Be there!

Let's see if we can get more than the 10 we had for Cyric's choking palace challenge! :9

Anyone can come I suspect. Just be the keys, and do what your told, anything else goes.
Last edited by Sarell on Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm

Might be tough with the Thanksgiving holiday... a lot of people will be busy. I won't be around anyway.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:05 pm

Silly aussies

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:11 pm

I should be around for it Sarell. Even the time shouldn't kill me since historically, I get out of work early on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Some workplaces give Black Friday off too.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:36 pm

Did you guys use actual lvl 50 resses or did you use god resses? I ask this because of the amount of dying that will occur. Did you finally see how bad res delays the raid? Will there be special code in the zone to get rid of res effects?

I wouldn't be surprised if the designated sitter is a bard because of res song.
Many see the res effect song as a blessing, but I see it as a curse. As a 49 bard I have to sit out some fights because someone died. The bard is usually asked to stay behind and sing res song. This shows how useless bards are since groups can procede without them and will bring only 1 per zone.

Yea, bard rant and res effects rant all in one rant!

Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:41 pm

I agree with Dalar on this one. If special code changes the way things work in this zone, Resurrect should definitely be among the specials.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:01 pm

awwwww damn why the fudge can't i have a fudgin internet connection at home?!?!!! DAMMIT! I spit fury at the internet! Someone cast continual DSL on my phone lines at home please?!
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:06 am

My goodness, how did we ever do Tiamat before when ress effect was much longer?

Lath
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:46 am

I'll be around on Friday.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:18 am

Lathander wrote:My goodness, how did we ever do Tiamat before when ress effect was much longer?

Lath

Artifacts.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:06 am

Lathander wrote:My goodness, how did we ever do Tiamat before when ress effect was much longer?

Lath

You mean when tia was so easy and the players were so strong that we did her almost every weekend for about 10 weeks? It's a different zone and a different mud, that logic doesn't really apply here, in my opinion. Hell, during that stretch Qualith and Mikar were leading it with sub-par groups and still succeeding.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'

Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'

Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:05 am

At the request of many parties, both players and godly advice, and with love for the west coasters, we are moving tiamat to the saturday! Which means we can start a bit earlier! 4pm _EST_ Saturday!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:47 pm

Dang, now I can't make it then.. have fun
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:00 am

Glorishan wrote:You mean when tia was so easy and the players were so strong that we did her almost every weekend for about 10 weeks? It's a different zone and a different mud, that logic doesn't really apply here, in my opinion. Hell, during that stretch Qualith and Mikar were leading it with sub-par groups and still succeeding.

I recall many weekends where I was in three different groups...Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. The most difficult part of old Tia was throwing bodies at the baby reds.

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:46 pm

Yasden wrote:
Glorishan wrote:You mean when tia was so easy and the players were so strong that we did her almost every weekend for about 10 weeks? It's a different zone and a different mud, that logic doesn't really apply here, in my opinion. Hell, during that stretch Qualith and Mikar were leading it with sub-par groups and still succeeding.

I recall many weekends where I was in three different groups...Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. The most difficult part of old Tia was throwing bodies at the baby reds.

How many Tiamat groups actually failed to complete the mission?

All this changes now. That was then, this is now. Are you up to the task?
Io

Olit tells you '2000hrs on each of your 5 corpses'
Dugmaren responds to your petition with 'It'd be less spammy if you just deleted again.'
Lilithelle says 'to divine most peoples fates you need to read palms or tea leaves, but in ionari's you just read the corpses'
Alurissi tells you 'no, you're not safe, you're a suicide machine'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:49 pm

Yep. Done her twice this wipe. Doesn't matter which char I go as, losing xp is worth doing a Tiamat run.

Oh, btw...I should correct myself.

The hardest part of a Tia run is the split, hands down.

Teralyn
Sojourner

Postby Teralyn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:59 am

I'll deffinately be on and ready to go if you need another rogue.

-Serraie
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:58 am

omg yea!

omg why do i have to be without internet this week!

fmh and thanks!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:16 pm

why did i chose to work this weekend! why!!!!!

greed is a horrible thing
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:43 pm

Suggestion:

Bring back a quest for the equivalent of the full heal pendant. Let groups that want to do tiamat prepare for it weeks in advance. Builds character!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”