Announcing ..... GUILDHALLS!!!!!

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Announcing ..... GUILDHALLS!!!!!

Postby Shar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm

So, you've all been wondering what the heck your huge bank accounts will be buying? The discussion about platinum and coinage in viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20579 can be answered in this thread!

GUILDHALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After thinking pretty hard about the appropriate way to release this, we have decided that *for now* we will be having a very basic, 3 tier plan for the initial kick off.

Packages to choose from:

Package 1 for 30kp includes - Entry way with locked door/ guard of choosing, foyer/ greeting area, lounge area, and an inn. (4 rooms total)

Package 2 for 60kp includes - Entry way with locked door/ guard of choosing, foyer/ greeting area, lounge area, inn, shop that sells the basics, and a heal room. (6 rooms total)

Package 3 for 120kp includes - Entry way with locked door/ guard of choosing, foyer/ greeting area, lounge area, inn, shop that sells the basics, heal room with holy *and* unholy water fountain, your guild-hall mascot and a private banker. (7 rooms total)

All of these packages include guild tags/ badges as keys for each member of the association. Extra keys/badges will be available at 10kp each, so try hard not to lose one! If you lose your badge, you'll pay for a new one. If you want to hand "spares" out to friends of the association, you'll need to buy extra. Each request for an extra/ replacement key will need to be directed thru the association leader, so he/she can submit the claim (to Dugmaren or Shar) and in turn will know exactly who has a key and who loses them.

To decide where you want your plot, you'll select a room where your guard will stand at the entrance to your Hall. You'll need to get approval on the location from Shar, by request. Once you have been approved a location, you'll be emailed the package to fill in the blanks. You'll describe virtually everything within your hall. Rooms, items in shops (rations, waterskins, quills, spellbooks,) innkeeper, banker, guild guardian, fountains, everything you pay for and get will be unique to your hall. After filling in the package details, you'll email it back to Dugmaren and he'll do all the hard work of making sure its right. Once the changes have been made, the deal is pretty much done. Please be final on your submissions. Making changes post implementation is always more difficult than making it right the first time around. This may be more difficult than it appears at first. If you are unfamiliar or intimidated with how ansi or areas work, please ask questions. We will help you where you need it. Each guildhall is its own little zone and needs to be handled as such.

Until we can automate the whole system, this is simply the best method for getting guildhalls into the game. After we get the initial rush out of the way and can come up with a workable do-it-yourself style of management, we will allow for upgrades to your plot that include things like specially made objects for sale in your shop and communal style or private rooms with personal touches. We haven't limited the potential for upgrading plots, so if you have any ideas or comments about where the future can go with this, please post them here.

Start saving your cash and donate some fundage to your association!

(Edited to add number of rooms per package)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: Announcing ..... GUILDHALLS!!!!!

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm

I...cry...happy.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Hey Shar, I suggest you gives us, if possible, a complete list of possible items we can put in our guild shop, as well as any limit on the number, price, etc. Will save you guys the headache later and will let us know better how/what to do.

Thanks again.
hagah
Sojourner

Postby hagah » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:02 pm

YES!!!!

This is awesome, excellent, and great..

Thank you,
Hagah
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Hey Shar, I suggest you gives us, if possible, a complete list of possible items we can put in our guild shop, as well as any limit on the number, price, etc. Will save you guys the headache later and will let us know better how/what to do.

Thanks again.

When the time draws near, I'll do that and more. For now, I'd like to see everything everyone else has to say. A complete list of ideas from the players is kindof what I'm after. :)

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Wow.. wanted this so bad years ago. I'm so upset that I wasted all my guild's money on hookers and blow. These days Elders relies upon welfare just to make its monthly rent payment!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Possible Upgrades:
guild-only teleport_beacons
guild vault
guild member rooms
guild shop able to sell items sold in other shops around realms
creatable items for sale (potions, poisons, containers, etc)
trophy rooms
morgue (prevents corpses from rotting, mob that can res for fee, etc)
message board
auctioneer
portals to teleport_beacon locations (for all class transport)

More to follow.
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
Kugol

Postby Kugol » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Skillmasters, possibly at a cheaper rate when you are wearing your guild badge?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 pm

How about the option to set our guildhall as our home point so we word there?
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:20 am

Love the morgue idea. Guild vault is cool too, that could be like a guild storage cache where anyone is able to deposit and withdraw...

Setpoint idea is nice too.

Would be cool to have a room within hall where zone groups could be assembled but from which nonmembers couldn't exit, except for a portal to the outside (the only room inside hall nonmembers could view). Maybe for nonmembers, if they tried to farsee they'd see fog but members could see through?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:50 am

Should let people purchase stats for their guild badge too.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:33 pm

stables, but not the rent ones, where you can let them roam free, would require changing how many you can have etc, but I like to collect pets and a place to show them off would be cool, would have to have them recover after a boot/crash too.
Servants/butler
homeland storage chests mmmmmm
house hold pets/dogs/bird/cats/exotic etc.

Dalar wrote:Should let people purchase stats for their guild badge too.

Badges? we don't need not steekin badges

yay I'm the first to say it!
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Shar, could you please specify how many rooms come with each package? Having a set number helps the design process a bit. Thanks!
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Shar, could you please specify how many rooms come with each package? Having a set number helps the design process a bit. Thanks!

Edited first post to show total number of rooms per package.

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am

Would love to see a store in there that would sell things like the !rent di/sense/farsee pots u can get(cept make em rentable, warn a guy before he buys 300 plats worth), some id scrolls, pres scrolls and useful stuff like that. The idea of a guild vault and personal storage like we have at inns would be a great thing.

I know that the idea of a stable was tossed around but maybe we could make the mounts personalizeable for each guild as well, would be kewl for sure a nice way to ride in style.

i personally dont think that the auction board should be put in the guildhalls. the auction boards were kinda a place that everyone would gather to socalize and well sit :). would like to see them stay in the places that they are now, but thats just my opinion
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:39 pm

GUILD CHESTS that treat items as out of game so they dont fuck up anyone else's loads
accessible by guilded char only but viewable by all (queue ego boosting treasures here)
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:09 am

Shar, should there only be a 1 room difference between package #2 and #3? Double the cost for fountains, mascot and banker, but only one room for said banker.

Just a thought.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am

Will non-guilded people ever be able to buy a house or some place?

Just figured I would ask.

-Nilan
aka
Stabby
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:06 pm

grundar wrote:GUILD CHESTS that treat items as out of game so they dont fuck up anyone else's loads
accessible by guilded char only but viewable by all (queue ego boosting treasures here)

could you possibly mean something like oh I dunno homeland storage chests? modified ofcourse, with the chest trust etc...
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Shar, should there only be a 1 room difference between package #2 and #3? Double the cost for fountains, mascot and banker, but only one room for said banker.

Just a thought.

The fountains go in the Heal room and the mascot loads in the Lounge room, both rooms which are included in the Mid-range package.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:52 pm

By the way...

None of these packages included a guild storage chest (yet), but the Inn that comes with all packages will allow you to have personal storage caches, just like a regular inn.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Was there ever a decision reached about whether or not people would have the option of being sethomed to their guildhall?
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Guildhall packages are complete and ready for implementation.

If your guild wants to have its very own Hall, request a brief meeting with me and we'll discuss a location and type.

It should also be noted that the exit directions and exit types are not static, meaning you can change them to whatever type/direction you want. Guild guardians can be virtually any type of mob you desire within reason. (Obviously mobs like a level 59 black dragon who would be agro to all would *not* be acceptable, but almost anything goes.)

We will allow for hometowns to be changed to your guild if you so desire. We already have the command to do so, but now it will actually work!

Also, please do not change the numbers that represent values. Other than that, go nuts and have fun!

The first package has been sent out to Triterium. Congratz to them on their purchase and we wish them luck on building!

Questions about this post or any other guildhall related material can be directed to myself, Dugmaren or Shevarash.

Klandal
Sojourner

Postby Klandal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Debating resetting hometown to guildhall. Would be nice to have badge perm tied to you like artifact and having it able to 'cast' relocate to your guild instead of changing your death/word spot. I'd like to be able to still word to check GN area, heh.

Any thoughts?
Klandan
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'

Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:59 am

Yea, I think assoc guild badge guildhall-relocate would be the go, and maintain word/death hometown guildmaster for all chars as is.
BEER
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:11 am

Also, we really want out guildhall shop to be able to sell Ale. And other liquor.
Perhaps a few restrung basic types like/as well as the "a mug of old dark ale", etc.
BEER
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 am

Triterium would like to thank you guys for implementing this and helping out along the way with all our(my) questions.

Suggestion(s):

Can the guild shopkeeper be made to buy ANYTHING, not just certain items? He doesn't seem to buy containers, potions, etc.?

Can we set guildhall as our 'home'?

Can the room below guildhall be set as a teleport_beacon of some kind for guildies, or if not, in general?

I know people have a ton of ideas, these are just some basic starter suggestions.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:22 am

if not teleport beacon, maybe a zk-type portal where badge works as a token to figure out which other guild hall portal to put you in.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:14 pm

I just wanted to chime in and thank you guys for finally pushing this through, it was a big part of why I'm playing again. Double fire giant thumbs up to Dugmaren for all his hard work and for being not only open to suggestions and discussion with the player base, but engaging the pbase and finding solutions to things that have been on the table for years! It is great to have you back upstairs! Ceiling Chris, in ur ceiling watching ur pbase.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:43 pm

http://www.icebergdryice.com/areadocs/toc.php

Guildhalls version 2.0 - expanded to allow anyone to create content.

Dug
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Talk about a mis allocation of company resources...
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:50 am

Any changes in last 2-3 months on this topic? Guild storage chests are an awesome idea, I'd like to see guild slot machines (of course I still want blackjack, poker, craps, and roulette wheels coded into game), guild beacons are awesome idea, etc
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:13 am

Nope, no updates. Triterium's the only group who've done more then talk about it :)

Dug
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:27 am

How does scaling work? Let's say I initially buy the 30k guild hall, but eventually want the 120k guild hall. Would I pay 90k to upgrade, or the full 120k?
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:30 am

kwirl wrote:How does scaling work? Let's say I initially buy the 30k guild hall, but eventually want the 120k guild hall. Would I pay 90k to upgrade, or the full 120k?

Dugmaren wrote:http://www.icebergdryice.com/areadocs/toc.php

Guildhalls version 2.0 - expanded to allow anyone to create content.

Dug

*sigh*
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:01 am

you mentioned a template, but the link on your site for the templates doesn't work yet. how can i get one to get this tarted?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 am

Has there been any discussion on expanding this to individual characters? I'd like to see people able to earn a home for their own characters if they choose. Obviously, the pricing and restrictions would have to change but it would be awesome to invite people over to your place to chill out. Allow for the creation of items like beer taps, magical barriers to keep people out of certain areas, an inn, etc. Tying it into roleplay would be pretty cool, making requirements for you to attend a couple rp events, have an approved description, and maybe write a story or something too.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 pm

just do what lili did write a huge zone and make one room your own little home.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”