Bronze Citadel

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Gormal
Sojourner

Bronze Citadel

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 am

The rewards from this zone have been marginalized to the point where I can't see much reason to ever go there.

Robe - Alignment restricted and still there are equal options in easier zones (gf/gn/ic2)
bracelet - still great, but !female makes it meh for a lot of people
dagger - junk
sleeves - ruined by 4dam sleeves from keprum (even if keprum sleeves are knocked down to 3dam, its still hard to get wet over a little sv_pet on an offensive melee item)
boots - Never liked this item in BC since it was just chucked in to make the zone better, but the stats on these are really quite lame.
amulet - best item from the zone
chainmail - outclassed by a variety of other items. When quested into 3dam its passable, but still just average.

While not part of the zone technically, the Coidon quest draws people to BC and even it has been hurt of late:

Robe - Still great.
Bag - Still just a bag.
Shield - 4dam shield from cpv makes this obsolete.

This zone has suffered since its inception from poor rewards and new zones continue to hurt it which is a shame. Make the Coidon quest worth a damn by turning the shield into something droolworthy, upgrade the bryn'd version of the chainmail to have a nifty perm or two (dm, de, dg would be enough for people to make trade from 2/2 pfa). Slap more hitroll on the boots or remove hit altogether in favor of a more desirable tank stat (the original greens were sv_sp/hp). downgrade keprum sleeves to 3dam and add farsee to bc sleeves or another prot.

Beef the dagger back to its original glory, there's so many khanjaris in the game now that no one would ever use BC daggers unless they weren't khanjarified, and even then its a pain for very little gain when its even usable. Leave the bracelet/amulet alone, and give the robes one more small boost to make them good enough for people who aren't neutral to covet them (they don't right now).
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Bronze Citadel

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:46 am

Also, make the dagger ranger/dire-able.
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

progression |prəˈgre sh ən|
noun
a movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state, esp. gradually or in stages
: the normal progression from junior to senior status | their mode of progression through the forest.

I don't think that BC rewards suck, I think its more of a problem where new/harder zones have obsoleted its usefulness. Which is fine if you keep adding new and harder zones that require eq from older/easier zones (think DPS checks on new WoW dungeons). Now, if even after a pwipe no one goes to BC, then yeah you have a problem with the zone. Just because everyone nowadays has 3 tia items and mostly top end stuff for all slots, doesn't mean that old zones are broken, just that the players have progressed past those zones, and even with all risk removed, the time effort alone to do the zone is not worth it.

Personally, I'd rather they leave old zones alone, and just add a newer/harder zone with better rewards. So what If down the road you're able to 5 man BC? The eq from the zone would be obsoleted by that point.

<Insert pro-wipe argument here>
V
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Nods, my intent with new items is not to make old zones obsolete but to make each zone have 2-3 viable top end items that make it worth going to the zone for. I'll definitely take a look at this as I go through other "to do" items. Suggestions are always welcome.

Dugmaren
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Vikaz wrote:progression |prəˈgre sh ən|
noun
a movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state, esp. gradually or in stages
: the normal progression from junior to senior status | their mode of progression through the forest.

Toril doesn't have a progression raiding scheme. That's now how this game operates.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 am

take off the !female flag for topaz bracelet =\
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 am

I wish there was more restricted eq in the game. At least you'd see some variety.
Kissa
Sojourner

Postby Kissa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:01 pm

i wouldn't mind the !female flag on the bracelet if there was another item either from bc or some other zone
with similar stats/same stats but with a !male flag on it..
maybe if bracelet was changed to anti-good/anti-evil like the amulet/sleeves/dagger/robe pending on how u quest the stuff...
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am

Gormal wrote:dagger - junk

bet you would reconsider if you had a few procced at once... if they didnt kill steal then they would be awesome... fairly high proc rate too
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Or you could... oh I dunno... have 100+ damroll and quadruple attacks while healing yourself instead of shitty pets doing mediocre damage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

When I started playin Soj3, Lilithelle told me about how much of a bitch BC was..the randomness and spank-ability of walkin's etc. So yeah, after I went, I wasn't impressed with the rewards. The dagger's ability to kill steal is as lame as necro/lich pets stealin kills. Had the owner not put them there, blah blah. - Same as had the invoker not sandblasted, the mob wouldn't have died. Thus, tying the event into the master, who should make the gain.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:37 am

Do any of you guys even have rogues? The dagger sucks because if you circle, you can't rewield in circle lag.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:21 am

Or trip lag, or rescue lag, or it screws you up while making poison runs... all in all its a pretty concept on paper, but fails in practice.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 am

it's ok for afk xp as long as it doesn't steal the kill.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”