Magma Changes: Why?

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Magma Changes: Why?

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:39 am

What the hell was the idea behind making items in Magma rareload? Is there a problem with this zone being done too much or something? How does that make a zone that is a pain, and hardly ever done, more enticing? Making nice items not always there just adds annoyance, frankly.

And no, I'm not talking about items that were rare when it went in, like Nature's Revenge cloak. I'm talking planeskipper bag, tank +hp boots, etc. Items that should be there everytime. Especially in zones like this, where people are investing 3+ hours, and the lack of variety in fights & mob types is pretty damn mind-numbing.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Magma Changes: Why?

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Why are you whining about what is now an easy zone with some of the best loot in game? Seriously.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Bag has always been rare. Tank boots have become rare but a lot of other eq was added and zone time was reduced. Sadly I have to agree with Jake. On a side note can someone check the load rate on the tank boots? We've had everything else load a bunch but boots haven't loaded at all.

Thanks,
Mike
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks to all the liches who abused the loophole to get tank boots without reporting it!
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:45 am

Perhaps Tank Boots were made into artefact status because there are so many in game now!
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 am

I take back my comments about Magma. The changes do help the zone tremendously, and it's in the 3-4 hours range now. Tank boots are loading again, so that's great as well.

Just don't bring BC daggers there. They crash the machine something fierce.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”