berserker gauntlets - feedback forum

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Annam
Staff Member - Areas

berserker gauntlets - feedback forum

Postby Annam » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Some of our team members have put a considerable amount of time working on this item. There are still some changes / tweaks to be made, the the least of which is fixing the proc ansi/formatting. I understand that many might have had a chance to use them by now and would like to ask for some honest feedback. Will try and discuss all comments with the necessary staff members at the appropriate time while buttoning up what will hopefully be some final changes.
Pril
Sojourner

Re: berserker gauntlets - feedback forum

Postby Pril » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Basically as they are atm they aren't good. Ansi is great but stat wise considering everything given up for them they are just bleh.

The hit/dam proc on them is good but barely procs when wielding. Then it zaps you too much afterward.

One proc doesn't seem to do anything although I think it's meant to give you more attacks per round.

The proc that makes you attack random mobs in the room while fun is horrible When going to quest stuff you need to remember to take off the gauntlets or else you may attack the mob. When walking through town you need to remove gauntlets. etc...

Ideally the gauntlets would be something like ac10 2/2. Lose the random attack proc. And change the other two procs to be more along the lines of the raging with twilight where your hit/dam goes up and number of attacks goes up then fades. Keep the gauntlets war/ranger/dire only.

Just my thoughts,
Mike
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:33 am

second that... thats been my suggestion to writter ever since i quested them.

As are they are barely scardale quest worthy and considering what is involved in questing and the items given up, they need to be along the lines of the items given up in quality.

Ac 10 2/2 or even 2/3

Rage procs similar to twilight procs more attacks higher hit/dam then have it fade like twilight does.

Maybe make a proc dependent if your dual, if you sword shield, and one for 2handed weapons

remove the random attack, although from a rp standpoint its cool, from a aplication to the game its extremely lame.

Also make it proc while wielding so you dont have to be barehanded to get better procs, or bring back monks since there are now 2 sets of gauntlets that are for barehanded combat.

again these have been my suggestions for last 3 months =)
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:04 am

Here's my feedback. Why does it take 3 months of a crappy item to finally get feedback/fix?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 pm

a) item hasn't been in game for 3 months or rather hasn't been quested for three months. assuming 3 months ago was December 26th.

b) he's asking for feedback etc, "why you gotz to be trippin yo!"
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am

I'd start a new topic, but hi-jacking is sooo +style..

any word on the musp quested bow getting a proc? it really deserves one, or subquest once again to do so. <3 u
stuff.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:04 am

Oh Snap! You just got hijacked, boi! - And yeah, random attacking of mobs is crazy bad. I'd suggest a stun effect instead, as per nightmare/spook effect at worst.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:49 pm

I think with the berserker rage should come the random attacking. Yes its a negative effect, but easily remedied by removing said gauntlets when in a non-hostile environment. Its right along the lines of keeping spells up. Do you really keep all your spells rolling while sitting in town? I didn't think so. I do agree that you shouldn't have to be barehanded to get the extra attacks. Additionally, making it the same proc/modifier as twilight could have some incredible bordering on insane numbers when using both items together. Not sure i agree with that.

Del
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:16 am

2fold:

Current code treats anything held or worn as shield, as NOT bare-handed. Bad

REALLY bad - There's substantial penalty for hitting when unarmed vs benefit of the 1h/2h slash, etc. skill. Tested this already. Very frustrating
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Running through zones you dont just remvoe eq normaly, but gautnlets you have to because if your sitting there talking to a quest mob or rare in a zone trying to figure out a quest, whoever has gauntlets on is just gonna aggr mob.

Examples GF goodie group
all of muspel rares including balor
Seelie bard quest mob
Izans quest mob behind throne
Magma quest mobs all over grid

There are too many quest mobs spread throughout zones to have just random attacking as a side effect.

You quest too many items in this to have it stated this bad and have bad affects.... ac 10 0/0.... average in combat if you remove weapon to get it going is like 2/2 - 4/4, but your 0/0 until you get procs going... and soon as combat is over it fades back to 0/0, and you randomly attack mobs everywhere....

Turning in alot of top end stuff and rare stuff to this is item is silly at best. Random attacking was so bad with werewolf they removed it then too. Its a great idea but in game mechanics its really bad with the ammount of rares throughout zones.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 am

Randomly attacking mobs is always bad.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 am

the same issue can be said about battletrance, was xping my troll with evils a few weeks ago and battletrance took a while to fade, so we almost ended up killing another groups mob... if you do any zone that malia mentioned as evils and wander in on a quest mob with battletrance up you could end up attacking it and causing group spank/the zone to be un-finishable
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:40 am

1. Making it take longer to lose rage bonuses.
2. You should only randomly attack mobs while raged.

Dugmaren
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Do these gauntlets even matter? There aren't many zones that require you to constantly fight. This game has always been about fight, mem, repeat.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

So don't wear 'm unless you're in an invasion or some other kill fest. If we actually created equipment you have to swap out based on situation that's pretty awesome in my books.

Dug
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:19 pm

If I read that correctly, these gaunts have a special/enhanced proc effect when not wielding a weapon, that cannot occur whilst wielding a weapon?

That's plain dumb whilst there are no monk types in the game, by the sounds.

I dunno about the random mob attacking effect - sounds kinda cool.

Oh, and put that back into pchar werewolf too!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:06 pm

What duggy really needs to do is make the new spell, 'Power word Dwarf'

Summons a dwarf to belch in the opponent's face, dazing or petrifying him instantly.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:27 pm

These gauntlets are horrible btw. I can't even use them in exp where I'm constantly killing mobs. The proc always fades.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”