Weapons Stats

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Gormal
Sojourner

Weapons Stats

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 am

I finally got around to really looking at and playing with the new weapon enchantments and its pretty apparent that the new code is a drastic boost to any weapon that's gotten the treatment. Elemental damage and weapon-dependant crit chance is an enormous boon to faster attacking races (lol ogres owned). To help some industrious staffer finish statting items I started a list and will update this as they are fixed or people suggest ones to add. Post a copy/paste of the ID here and I'll throw it into the list. I started with just 1-handers for now because they matter more from a damage perspective than 2h weapons.

There are some dice/weight/bonus discrepancies that could be discussed here as well (ebony vs star-metal falchion for instance). Have at thee!

Code: Select all

Name                                    | Dice  | Elem  | H/D   | Crit  | Wt    | Procs and Bonuses
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the mighty scepter of valhalla          | 6d4   |       | 5/5   |       | 1     | Asgardian Defense/Berserker Fury
a moonblade with a golden hilt          | 4d6   |       | 4/5   |       | 8     | Cross-cut, Swiftwind/8m
a shimmering crystal scimitar           | 4d4   |       | 4/2   |       | 4     | Crystal Spark, Crystal Energy
a double-bladed dwarfish axe of giant.. | 2d9   |       | 1/1   |       | 14    | Hamstring Slash, 3/3 Giantbane
a serrated war-axe encrusted with frost | 6d3   |       | 5/4   |       | 6     | Ice Parry, Frozen Shards/48m
a mithril battlemail graven with arcane.| 4d5   |       | 4/3   |       | 10    |
an adamantium falchion encased in light.| 6d3   |       | 4/3   |       | 10    |
a slender silverish elven longsword     | 4d5   |       | 4/3   |       | 5     | Elven Wounds
a holy water sprinkler                  | 3d6   |       | 0/0   |       | 5     | Holy Vengeance
an ancient mithril warhammer*           | 3d6   |       | 4/2   |       | 2     | Chain Lightning
an emerald and ruby encrusted dagger    | 2d8   |       | 4/3   |       | 1     | Dancing Object
a white-hot fiery mace                  | 2d8   |       | 2/3   |       | 10    | Fiery Corona
a glimmering mithril bastardsword       | 3d5   |       | 3/0   |       | 6     | Glimmer
a slender elven Moonblade               | 2d5   |       | 2/2   |       | 5     | Power of the Stars, Labelas/168m
a flaming longsword                     | 5d3   |       | 4/2   |       | 14    |
a dagger of whispers                    | 4d5   |       | 4/2   |       | 3     |

a sinister black dirk embedded with ru..| 5d3   |       | 3/4   | 6% x2 | 8     | Wither
a glowing crimson dagger                | 3d5   |       | 3/2   | 6% x2 | 1     | Stat Drain, Crimson Strike
a gleaming dwarven warhammer covered... | 3d6   |       | 3/2   | 3% x3 | 8     | Freezing Cold
a warped broadsword                     | 4d4   |       | 4/3   | 6% x2 | 4     | Batle Fury
an enchanted khanjari dagger            | 4d4   |       | 4/3   | 6% x2 | 1     | Khanjari Rage/Power/Fury
a heavy adamantine mace with winged fl..| 4d4   |       | 5/0   | 3% x2 | 5     | Celestial Strike
an ebony bladed longsword               | 3d6   |       | 4/0   | 6% x2 | 8     | Torment
a rune inscribed glaive                 | 4d4   |       | 4/3   | 3% x3 | 1     | Blinding Lights, Light Spark
a black bladed longsword with a silver..| 4d5   |       | 4/3   | 6% x2 | 14    | Acid Spray
a burning star-metal falchion           | 3d5   | 250F  | 3/3   | 9% x2 | 4     | Flaming Burst, Brilliant Flash
an infernal whip of lightning           | 3d5   | 100Sh | 3/3   | 3% x2 | 4     | Shocking Burst

* - ID broken
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Weapons Stats

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:04 pm

What do u mean faster hitting race? Everyone hits on round I thought.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:00 pm

I think he meant races with higher dexterity that are allowed more attacks per round. Correct me if I am wrong though, Jake.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Yeah, higher dex races were granted extra attacks to compensate for the bonus damroll and crit rating that higher str races got. Notably, halflings, grey elves, etc.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 am

the brass falchion is still way too good and should be toned down. It rivals every other 1hander in the game and is soloable every boot. All of the weapons that got left behind really got... left behind. This is one of those half-finished things that really should be taken care of.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:34 am

Can you explain why its too good?
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:07 pm

the burst procs happen like twice per round for rangers. all the 1-hand burst weapons are replacing epic quest items in offhands, leveling weapons for all classes, etc. they do a crazy amount of damage from all the extras
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Not to mention that brass falchion has a 9% crit rate. Compare that to 2-6% on almost every other weapon not to mention those weapons that haven't been updated and still use racial crit. The new blind proc is awesome compared to ebony/deathknell/GCD as well because it refreshes the blind rather than fizzles if blind is already up. The flat elemental damage bonus is pretty big for all weapons that got that treatment.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Shev, you should bring back that one command that shows how much damage someone has done. It would make it much easier to show why certain weapons are just overpowered.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”