Notes, Letters, General hints etc..

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
dem
Sojourner

Notes, Letters, General hints etc..

Postby dem » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 am

In the last couple of days I have ran into alot of hints while questing or exploring that doesnt lead anywhere.
Letters adressed to someone and when you give the letter to them you get no response. These letters, notes, hints, responses in quest dialogues etc were probably ment to be a quest but it was never finished. Mebbe there's a way for you area coders to take a peak at all the quest dialogues, notes and letters etc and see which ones to remove from game or write a quest for. An example of quest dialogue is a new quest where one of the questmobs asks for items that doesnt load on the mobs that the questmob specifies. An example of a letter is a letter found in a chest in the kobold cave north of settlestone. It's written as a report to another mob and that mob doesnt respond to giving him the report.

/Koxa
grundar
Sojourner

Re: Notes, Letters, General hints etc..

Postby grundar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:45 pm

i dont think that letter you're referring to was ever intended to be a quest.. it was more of a flavor thing to explain what the duergars were doing mining in that area. i wouldnt mind seeing it turned into a quest tho.
Thilindel on Irony: Glibble GCC: 'stupid assed whiners'
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

The letter I was refering to was written as a report to another mob. I was just assuming that that mob wanted it cuz it was adressed to him specifically:)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:13 pm

These types of items are all over the game and just handing the letter over to the intended recipient is almost never the right thing to do even when they are a quest item. Oh hey I killed your courier, here's what he had on him!

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”