gaming the immigration numbers, democrat style

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

gaming the immigration numbers, democrat style

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:31 pm

So... liberals cae to defend your government? Cooking the books on immigration numbers? Engaging in shady coercive actions to boost numbers? My personal favorite is the ICE director lieing about it and then having reps from a union call it out as a lie.

How do you sleep at night, the same administration promising to help illegals, essentially denying them due process and persecuting them!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03230.html
ICE also ran a Mexican repatriation program five weeks longer than ever before, allowing the agency to count at least 6,500 exits that, without the program, would normally have been tallied by the U.S. Border Patrol.

When ICE officials realized in the final weeks of the fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, that the agency still was in jeopardy of falling short of last year's mark, it scrambled to reach the goal. Officials quietly directed immigration officers to bypass backlogged immigration courts and time-consuming deportation hearings whenever possible, internal e-mails and interviews show.
Once the agency closed the books for fiscal 2010 and the record was broken, agents say they were told to stop widely offering the voluntary return option and revert to business as usual.
(here comes the lieing)

In selected responses to e-mailed questions, spokesman Brian P. Hale wrote that the agency did nothing different from previous years but did not deny that ICE had focused on voluntary returns when it faced a shortfall weeks before the fiscal year ended. Rather, field offices were reminded of the voluntary return option, he said.
the union that represents ICE immigration agents and officers, said offering voluntary return was not common practice for the agency. The union has been at odds with Morton over what it calls lax enforcement and gave him a no-confidence vote in June.
In the Seattle area, immigration officers were instructed to give the voluntary return option to immigrants who did not face mandatory detention and didn't have attorneys.
In the Atlanta area, ICE officers were told to persuade immigrants who had already asked to see an immigration judge to instead voluntarily leave the country.
"Due to our increase in funding for detention for the remainder of the fiscal year, do not release anyone on an order of recognizance at this time," James McPeek, an assistant field office director in Chicago, wrote in the e-mail to employees. "Another option is to offer a VR [voluntary return] and keep in custody - this will increase our removal numbers for the fiscal year."
"Effective immediately: do not offer V/Rs [voluntary returns] to aliens who have been convicted of or are pending DUI," ICE supervisor Elizabeth Godfrey wrote Oct. 4.
Kindi
Sojourner

Re: gaming the immigration numbers, democrat style

Postby Kindi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:37 pm

kiryan wrote:So... liberals cae to defend your government?

it's your govt too
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:01 am

Kindi wrote:

it's your govt too

Aren't Republicans the majority now? I blame them.

/please treat this as facetious, I'm tired and did not actually read the post... this is not an argument or a troll, just an attempt at humor.
//feels sad that the disclaimer is needed
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Kindi wrote:

it's your govt too

Aren't Republicans the majority now? I blame them.

/please treat this as facetious, I'm tired and did not actually read the post... this is not an argument or a troll, just an attempt at humor.

Your disclaimer is all wrong Sarvis! How dare you make such rash accusations in it! How dare you good sir!

/No animals were harmed in the typing of this post.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Sarvis wrote:/please treat this as facetious, I'm tired and did not actually read the post... this is not an argument or a troll, just an attempt at humor.

HA. Your disclaimer is funnier than your other attempt at humor!
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)

Return to “Current Events & Politics”