kiryan wrote:Evolution relies on randomness, ID relies on order. An argument for ID is an argument for evolution by definition... It is only because there are flaws in evolution theory that ID can exist... it is a theory born from the imperfectness of the theory of evolution.
Nope, it's a theory born from willful ignorance and the Church's need to maintain mystery's in life so that people will keep believing in God.
If there was no evidence that contradicted evolution, and ID was simply a theory that said God created the world such that it would look like evolution occured... we wouldn't be having this discussion and I would agree with you. However there are unsettled arguments and yet academia goes around saying evolution is unconditionally true (despite not having been proven).
1) You haven't presented any of this evidence (I may have missed some, having been in Florida the last few days, but I'm still willing to bet you haven't.)
2) That's not quite what ID says, to my understanding...
3) The word "Theory" automatically means "not unconditionally true."
What the Theory of Evolution DOES mean, is that given ALL evidence Evolution is the theory which best fits that evidence.
ID has no evidence, does nothing but attack imagined "cracks" in the Theory of Evolution, and can not be tested anyway. It just doesn't belong. It's no more valid than saying "We can't find the missing link between chimpanzees and humans, so I think our entire fossil record is from meteorites that slammed into the earth and left behind the remains of creatures from another planet that were similar to ours."
Just as scientifically valid as ID. Should we teach my "Meteorite Theory" in science class, Kiryan?
and you are right, it is hard to have any kind of discussion about evolution when 20% of America insists that evolution is unconditionally true and discount in entirety the perspective of the other 80% labeling it as purely religious.
Because it is purely religious. You have no evidence that "God Did It" because there can be no evidence that God did it. Your theory is unprovable, untestable, and by your own admission NOT SCIENCE. It IS religion.