women

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

women

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Flip through the countries. I think the pictures speak for themselves. And if you still don't get it, put your racist hat on.

1. Afghanistan
2. Congo
3. Pakistan
4. India
5. Somalia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/1 ... anistan__1

===

The problem is culture, it causes women to choose looks over brains. How come nothing is ever a a protected class' fault?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/therese-b ... 77414.html

The problem is not just about that 25 percent of young women who would rather be hot than smart; rather, it's about a culture that actually makes that a rational choice: rewarding girls for looks over brains.

==

Encourages women to support other women. Boy when men did this (assuming they did this) it was called discrimination and chauvinism. For women, its the right thing to do? I guess its that minority mentality, you're with us or with them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sheila-c- ... 77587.html

The results have been dramatic: In 1971, 300,000 high school girls played sports; today, that number is more like 3 million. Women now outnumber men in undergraduate and graduate enrollment, and earn more doctoral degrees. They are increasingly visible in positions of authority, from the C-Suite to the Supreme Court.

== ok so now women outnumber men, is it time to hold hands and sing kumbayah? Have we reached the equality utopia? Technically it sounds like women are tipping the balance the other way... isn't that a problem?

Yet, there's still far to go before we can claim true equality for women -- in sports, or in the workplace. And while it's tempting to blame everything on male chauvinist bias, the truth is, women are part of the problem.

== ok so if we agree with you, the problem is women are not practicing the female equivalent of male chauvinism and thats a bad thing?

It could be that women are fighting each other because there are still so few spots at the top. Women hold more than half of all management, professional, and related positions, yet, according to research organization Catalyst, just 13.5 percent of executive officer jobs.

== half of all management positions... less than 13.5 percent of executive jobs. Maybe you should remember that it used to be 0 in both categories and that there are going to be for another couple decades FAR more men with senior / executive management experience than women. Equality means equality, if you don't have the experience, you can't just point to another metric and say we should have 50%. You don't have 50% of the experience and only time will fix that... but of course you're not after equality.

But if women won't champion their female colleagues, then why would their male superiors? I say, it's time to start cheering for the home team -- not out of some syrupy sisterhood, but because if we don't stand up and make some noise, then no one else will either. Women have got to be more willing to support and speak out for one another -- and, at the very least, to stop blocking, betraying, or belittling one another's success.

== yep back with the solidarity thing. support a woman based on her gender. Great message of equality you crazy feminazi.

==

Not a bad article, only included since there happens to be a deluge of articles on women today. My only problem with it is its subtle feminism. Its women and men are equal and thank you dad for treating me just like a boy. There are differences between men and women, it is not ideal to treat men and women the same in all areas. If you disagree, should we work on the equality of men and women in the prison population? Men are obviously being discriminated against.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/candace-p ... 76824.html
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Re: women

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 pm

And the meek will inherit the earth.... WHEN WE'RE DONE WITH IT.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 pm

lol, men will soon be the meek.

look at the graduation rates. Look at the pacifism amongst men. How many men do you know who are kept men sitting around playing video games all day "taking care of the kids" while their wives work?

Women will control all the bueraucracies of government, all the policy think tans, research, academia etc... because of their emphasis on post secondary degrees if men don't get with the education program.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:54 am

kiryan wrote:lol, men will soon be the meek.

look at the graduation rates. Look at the pacifism amongst men. How many men do you know who are kept men sitting around playing video games all day "taking care of the kids" while their wives work?

Women will control all the bueraucracies of government, all the policy think tans, research, academia etc... because of their emphasis on post secondary degrees if men don't get with the education program.

Dude. We can play video games all day. We're totally done with it. Women don't think men can do anything right anyway - let them do it themselves.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 am

http://www.the-gutters.com/

i figured that this was kinda of related to this one here.

Its funny by creating so many minorities and special interest groups we have started to discriminate against the white male. For example when i applied to be RCMP here in Canada (think national police force) I was told not to bother unless i was A. a woman B. a minority, or C. francophone. Being a white male kinda didnt let me fit into any of those roles. And the fact that i passed the written and the physical with flying colors, had a spotless criminal record (at the time hehe) and had no problems with the pyche examination. Heaven forbid we hire someone who can do the job better, that would be discrimination wouldnt it?
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 pm

lol

you can only have discrimination against a protected class. white male is not protected, but maybe... just maybe deep down you're a non-practicing homosexual? Now you've got something.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Nothing really to add here, but I loved how "NATO Airstrikes" were one of the reasons given that makes Afganistan the most dangerous place for women. Since when do NATO bombs target certain sexes? That's some technology there.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 am

lol Thanks kiryan. ill put that on my next application to the RCMP see if that helps at all.

When i went to university my sociology prof was a huge feminist, she got off on the wrong foot with me right off the bat. Did the old studies show woman are still underpaid. Of course i pipe up well show me the studies, do they include blue collar jobs? do they include the difference in years of experience? needless to say we didnt get along very well. For my term paper i wrote an essay called 'feminism and the death of the modern family' basically picking apart all the things that feminism has done, including the morale decay of society (yes i blamed it all on them lol) and how the family has changed due to the predominant factor of feminism. I probably spent more time on that paper than anything else in university and was ready to go to the dean if she failed it. She actually gave me a 89 on it but I could tell she wasnt happy about the whole paper. hehe
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Kifle wrote:Nothing really to add here, but I loved how "NATO Airstrikes" were one of the reasons given that makes Afganistan the most dangerous place for women. Since when do NATO bombs target certain sexes? That's some technology there.

I think they mean it in this manner, think venn diagram:

( threat to everyone ( nato airstrikes ) threats to women )
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:06 pm

amena wolfsnarl wrote:lol Thanks kiryan. ill put that on my next application to the RCMP see if that helps at all.

When i went to university my sociology prof was a huge feminist, she got off on the wrong foot with me right off the bat. Did the old studies show woman are still underpaid. Of course i pipe up well show me the studies, do they include blue collar jobs? do they include the difference in years of experience? needless to say we didnt get along very well. For my term paper i wrote an essay called 'feminism and the death of the modern family' basically picking apart all the things that feminism has done, including the morale decay of society (yes i blamed it all on them lol) and how the family has changed due to the predominant factor of feminism. I probably spent more time on that paper than anything else in university and was ready to go to the dean if she failed it. She actually gave me a 89 on it but I could tell she wasnt happy about the whole paper. hehe

lol nice job. I have a really open minded, intelligent friend who took an ethics class by like the only lady at the school that teaches it. She threatened to kick him out of class when he brought in studies and data to dispute her claim that women make less because of their gender. He was "disrupting" her class. This is a straight A, non religious, independently wealthy 40 year old guy who will be going to med school next year. Threatened with being kicked out of class... for disputing with evidence her unsupported claims. And liberals wonder why conservatives hate academics vaunting their "open minded" scam.

My wife also took the same class, my son is taking it now. I've read the books 2x each now. If you wrote a class like this and made it mandatory for all freshmen, there would be an uproar over the separation of church and state and prosletyizing. Instead, 18 year old students with their complete lack of any perspective are taking this class and being told that all conservative ideas are lies, hipocritical or just generally bad policy that people only support because FSM tells them too. its horrible.

Oh also, if you choose to have children, you're a bad person beacuse now you know the world is over populated and that it can't sustain any more people. Because you know and can choose not to have kids, you are obligated to do so because African's and Indians don't have access to birth control which is of course the fault of the US christians and their government.

Also, you can't get an A in the class unless you do 40 hours of community service with one of her specified organizations (wouldnt want you volunteering for a church and calling it community service lol) AND write a 10 page paper and present it to the class.

there were some good ideas, too bad they're all married to leftists ideals instead of presented as plain jane good ideas.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm

I had a professor that consistently failed my papers because she disagreed with my perspective. I asked the dean to intervene, and he had another professor re-grade my papers.

89%

The re-grading professor suggested that I stop antagonizing professors to make my life easier. I wanted to suggest that they stop hiring bitches to make all of our lives easier, but then a bunch of my classmates wanted to go get tacos and I was hungry.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:42 pm

oh that guy i was talkign about also volunteers as an EMT for his small town and does ski patrol (he gets free lift tickets so thats not that egalitarian). He tutors 20 hours or so a week... for no reason other than it helps him study and he likes helping people (he owns outright everything he has including a couple million dollar home reportedy 0 debt and healthy investment income)...

He's like the freaking American dream or something and probably as close to being at peace with himself and his accomplishments as anyone I know. No arrogance, no hate etc... really stand up guy and honest guy.

Truth and Honesty was obviously the problem between him and the professor.

Return to “Current Events & Politics”