Old Maps

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
xrayextra
Sojourner

Old Maps

Postby xrayextra » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi,

I used to play this mud a long time ago (early 90's) and have created a lot of maps. I'm sure they're still good.

My former characters names were Reaux, a lvl 50 shaman (the first) and Kantros, I think lvl 48 sorcerer.

I think one of my favorite maps is Undermountain. It was my first major mapping venture and very thorough.

I've scanned them all just now and have 90+ pages of maps, all in a single pdf file.

I can put them on google docs and share them if anyone's interested.

By the way, how many people still play on any given day? It used to be in the hundreds.
DontCareBear
Sojourner

Re: Old Maps

Postby DontCareBear » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:49 pm

If you want to put those maps online then I would certainly check them out. I just started mapping myself, on graph paper, and it would be interesting to see if anything has changed over time.

There is an auto-mapper available on these forums, but it always seemed easier to just map them by hand and learn the paths by heart.

Here's some data for you about the player population from MUDstats. Under Charts & Graphs you can see that there's not as many players as there used to be, but it's still quite active for a Forgotten Realms MUD.
xrayextra
Sojourner

Re: Old Maps

Postby xrayextra » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”