the wickedly sharp claws of a gelugon

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
flib
Sojourner

the wickedly sharp claws of a gelugon

Postby flib » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:15 am

Hey, I'm back to toril finally after a long hiatus :) good to be back.. but ya, to the point of my post.. won these today.. (yay) and wanted to level a second bard with them.. a battlechanter.. I assumed they were valid because my bard could use them.. the point.. battlechanter can't use the claws and they should be able to because bard can. Please, oh god please don't remove bard from it because of this fact :) just add in battlechanter to the allowed classes list for the claws.. that'd be great.. ok thanks.
Last edited by flib on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rahas
Sojourner

Re: the wickedly sharp claws of a gelugon

Postby Rahas » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Hey FLib,

Reason is bard is rogue/mage and bchanter is rogue/cleric, claws are mage only and hence bard can use but not bchanter.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:42 pm

I see you said battlechanters were cleric/rogue and bard was mage/rogue. Which was echo'd by someone else in game. I disagree, if that was the case I would totally agree but look at the spell list in depth and that subclass differential doesn't make any sense..

battlechanters get mage spells.. so they aren't cleric sub.. they're mage sub.. just mildly different focus than bard.. both share the same primary subclasses.. mage/rogue but bard focuses more towards illusionist and battlechanter focuses more towards what? elementalist? enchanter? i don't know.. one of the classes that has stone skin.. it's not shaman, because shaman doesn't get ray of enfeeblement..

that's a very specialized spell that only a mage subclass would have.. here in lies my point.. it's not a huge thing.. but yes, i think it was an oversight to not include battlechanter to the allowable classes for this item, and I am asking for it to be changed to be allowable to both bard and battlechanter, thank you.
Rahas
Sojourner

Postby Rahas » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 am

They are cleric/rogue in what eq they can equip just like bards are mage/rogue in what they can equip. For instance bchanter can wear the haste cloak which bards can't, same with ocular disc and thunderous Crown, bchanter can use but not bard. so it goes both ways. It's not an oversight.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:38 pm

fair enough i guess.. although their skills/spells don't lead you to think they'd be in any way clerical
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Bard is rogue/illus and battlechanter is rogue/shaman. Bard can (through equipment) get higher damroll, but battlechanter can use warmaul and some of the more potent clerical melee weapons. Bard also has better racial options, but you can be an evilrace bchanter and that's handy for all the Annam evil hometown stuff.

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”