Displace Mythbusters

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
oteb
Sojourner

Displace Mythbusters

Postby oteb » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:11 pm

There are several "urban legends" about displace that I would like to have tested and debunked or verified.

1. Fading displace causes extra hits to be taken by blurred tanks. Supposedly linked to some blur/displace interaction

2. Very high agi characters are hit more often when displace is in the fade phase.

Generally it boils down to question if in displace-fade-phase the recipient has a [fading chance to be missed] or [increasing chance to be hit]. With [increasing chance to be hit] overriding other defenses - blur or agi

[increasing chance to be hit] theory may be supported by the fact that displace always fades on hit. Which generally should not happen. If displace protection does not work, other lines of defense should have a chance to kick in (namely AC as modified by blur and agi).

What tests would you recommend to verify or debunk the legends? What evidence anecdotal or other do you have to assist me? Any special types of fights where you feel displace is drawback?
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
oteb
Sojourner

Re: Displace Mythbusters

Postby oteb » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm

My idea of a test it to get toss test subject a and b (blurred warrior and high agi whatver) with and without displace.
Then I will parse the logs to check if numbers of connecting hits 10 attacks before displace drops is any different than a sample without displace.
Does that sound right?
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'

A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Afu
Sojourner

Postby Afu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm

so take a level 40 with average gear to skellies and go to town, whacha need a chanter, illu think that old urban myth
had to do with scales or stone conflicting with displace spellout, thus making the ds fade directly after

my lu is only 39 so i have limited experience in this :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:22 pm

This was true before powers. Looks like it was fixed within the last 10 years.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”