BAHAMUT FIRST EVER RUN!

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
Larem
Sojourner

BAHAMUT FIRST EVER RUN!

Postby Larem » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 am

Please don't be angry with me, and remember, it's just a game! I am sure some people will not agree with everything i have listed in this lengthy post, but I ask that you read it, and do not think i'm being cruel or mean in anyway. This zone has never been completed, and I want to ensure we stand a good chance at doing so. I know there are many questions about how I would propose doing a split for here, and what classes I would be taking to the zone. I hope this is useful in explaining what I'm thinking.

In this post, you will find how i have decided upon handling the split from bahamut, as well as the group I would like to take.

People are fond of the tia point system, however, this doesn't appear to be a 2 grid zone, so i will be using points, but in a slightly different manner.

Do not fret, if you don't understand what I mean when i'm indicating what the fights are, you will, once you see them. Just know that as far as the entry and outside of palace and towers, i have seen it all, and only the knowledge of what lies inside is yet a mystery to me.

I feel extremely confident in leading it and do believe we will have success and a good time doing it.

............................................................................................

starting at the stated start time, standard tia time, 9am pst/noon eastern..Sunday....November 11.....realizing start might actually be delayed a few minutes, due to an issue that may or may not be resolved with

A: getting people to zone

and

B: grouping past 15

the start of the zone is rather rough, and there isn't anyway to get other people in, until much later in the zone, or if they manage to run in themselves, Please be on time, to head out together, I don't want people running in on their own, and we can add people later when we open portals. Things can happen if you try running in on your own that could really hurt our chances at success.

............................................................................................

Here is how I Plan on handling the points:

POINT STAGE 1:

stage one will consist of: entry gate, 4 patrols, 16 young dragons, 16 massive dragons, and four towers + portal guardians, this is not including the boss mobs for the towers, bosses leave and come back, so for stage one, we won't be focusing on the bosses.....but might end up due to timing, take one out....if we do, it'll still count as stage one, though i have the bosses listed as stage 2. timing is key!

there is an issue of needing to put an object in boss rooms, thinking, you have to drop them when mobs are not in it. So as mentioned, if we should happen to find them not home, with time to place the object, and not long till they return, we might fight one before moving on...we might not, timing timing timing!

This is a LARGE stage, with roughly 15 dragons in each tower, this clearing event, will likely take quite some time, i don't know how well a real group will do, it took forever with a partial group, but if we get on the ball together, we can handle this stage in under an hour i'm sure, it's all new to us......

for stage one of the zone, you will be awarded 25 BAHAMUT points

POINT STAGE 2:

so we've opened up portals to the planes, and can easily get others into zone, w/o having them trying to run in on their own, something I really really don't want to happen at all.

likely we will add group members at this point, or ask if any more...if we are under 30, and people show up late.

stage 2 will consist of: the 4 boss fights in towers, 3 leonal groups on main square, 2 planetar patrols, summoned champion, and the great wyrm azhaq fight with his knights that turn into silver dragons when hurt.........

these are some rougher fights, and though it seems like quite a bit less than stage one, i still feel this is a good breaking point, with what i have seen of the zone, to call stage 2.

for stage two of the zone, you will be awarded 25 BAHAMUT points

It is not likely, that group members will be added after we begin on stage 2, and there is a chance, we may take out a tower boss before stage 2 grouping of fights, mostly due to the timed intervals in bosses leaving and returning, this is highly likely, but it will still count as stage one, until all 4 portals are opened.

POINT STAGE 3:

this is unclear at this time, it crashed before we finished azhaq and got to venture inside the gates. No idea what lies beyond, it's more than 1 fight i'm sure, and depending upon what we face, I will determine the rest of the points awarded to group members at this time. Likely be 50 points awarded here, and may end up being broken into a stage 3 and stage 4, depending upon what's left to do. Once we win, we can review the points for the next run and adjust them accordingly for future attempts. It could have been designed for what i have determined to be stage 1 and 2, to actually act like the first of 2 larger grids! Won't know till we get there!

WINNING BIDS:

If you win first round, all points erased, if you win 2nd round, a full run of points, erased, just like tiamat's system, and due to the newness of zone, 3rd round will be 1/2 a run's points erased from your total, tiamat used to be that way too! The full run total of points, is yet to be determined, until we actually see what's left to do after azhaq, it's not worth guessing upon. Though 100 would be a decent total to work with.

so basically......i'm breaking the zone, which really isn't setup like grids, into at least 3 sections, with the theory being past azhaq is only enough to be called a 3rd point stage.

stage 1 = 25 points

stage 2 = 25 points

stage 3 = ? yet to be determined.....no one knows what's in there! more than likely be 50 total points achieved here, to round out to an even 100.

so then.....

1st round win = minus all points

2nd round win = minus a full run of points...likely be 100 total

3rd round win = minus 1/2 a run of points....likely be 50 total

4th round win = minus 0 points

GROUP MAKEUP (preferred by me!):

this is what I would like to have for our group, whether or not we get a full group, will determine where this changes........

Please keep in mind, This is my preferred group, due to what i have seen in the zone, a lot of mobs are wielding holy enchanted slashing weapons, that utterly shredded my evil align companions, and there are mobs that proc holy word. I want us to win our first trip, not go in with races/aligns that may hinder us not knowing fully what lies ahead. Don't think race matters much with holy enchantments, but mobs may be set to do more to evil races.

TANKS: should be wearing hp eq, not hit/dam, they need to live, several of these things aren't bad, but there are some that are down right destroying.

main tank: paladin, 1h valhalla, prefer halfling or gnome, good align

2 tanks: 2nd paladin, and a warrior, or 2 warriors, preferibly not evil align

1-2 blackguard hitters wielding dk for unholy word

1 enchanter - nothing we seen was shielded, so buff tanks and prism! not evil align plz!

2-3 clerics - prefer these to not be evil align, losing res'ers is a major setback

3-4 shamans - prefer not evil align, living is golden!

1 bard - not evil align preferibly, i don't want the music to stoP!

1 druid - rtm will be godly

1 invoker - not evil align plz! you'll live longer!

1 psi - believe it or not, i want one, ultra is a nice aoe, and trance/combat mind, is useful, and might find some nifty ways to use other skills to win!

1 illusionist - do not know if nightmare will work on mobs, but worth a try!

6 ranger - if you must be evil, so be it, you may find it painful

6 rogue - if you must be evil, so be it, you may find it worse than painful

and that's 30 folks! more than likely, I'll be leading as Hilgur, my good align rogue.

Before I continue....I'd like to point out........

With this being an epic zone, i'm sure you can expect at least 15 eq's in the split, or somewhere around that number, much like tiamat.

I can tell you, we did come across 4 eq in what we did manage to destroy....one in each of the 4 towers..........

ac 21 4 dam -5 bre 5% blud 5% fire 5% cold !evil !m!t about body, with battle trance proc

ac 8 3 dam 4 maxagi detect_invis sense_life !c!m eyes

ac 10 25 hp 5 sf_necro !w!t!c belt

5 hit 5 sf_heal proc curse, enchanted with sonic, sonic burst, thundering, force, keen !w!t!m 1h bludgeon.....sorry, forget the dice

Now that i have gotten that stuff out of the way, there are some things I would like to set into motion, for my true attempt at the zone, in a manner of fairness for those who were more than just involved in our great sacrifice.

Understandibly most people find it hard to zone for hours on end during weekdays, but I can not overlook those who did. I know that many people showed up and did some things with us, and I am truely greatful for your efforts, but there were a couple, like myself, who put in nearly 20 hours of fugue visits and frustrations.....

On monday and tuesday, i lead a small group of people around in there, to learn all this stuff from above, and we learned quite a bit. There was a specific person, who did quite a bit of the heavy lifting in this, and I plan on giving bonus points to him, because, as mentioned, he already did stage 1 and pretty much all of stage 2 except 6 mobs when it crashed on us. This individual was with me damn near the whole time, and rightly deserves to be recognized for his efforts.

we spent hours and many trips to fugue, 2 manning the entrance gates, and even went further with clearing leonals, i credit him with the knowledge i was able to gain in zone.

so the following person will be awarded an additional, one time bonus, for doing so much, despite overwhelming odds.

@enth - additional 50 points -

There is another person who did quite a bit of work, and did figure some things out as well. He was instrumental in our conquering of the inner patrols as well as timing bosses and using killer tactics for small group combat. Without him, I don't think we would have been as successful with only a rag tag handful of people each day. With a zone meant for 20-30 man group, his efforts proved to be the tipping point in allowing our small war parties a chance to go further and further, not to mention, he was the one who found zone entrance to begin with!

So, the following person will be awarded an additional, one time bonus, for all his efforts.

@dartan - additional 25 points -

And lastly, for the many hours I've put into this, and my unyielding determination, to lead you all to victory for the first real run at the game's newest top end zone, I shall reserve the right to claim 1 eq for myself. I will not do this at any other time, but just this first run....should it be successful. I had 2 days of vacation, and spent them, in bahamut. I racked up roughly 75-100 deaths, but learned enough to feel comfortable taking a group in, for a real attempt, not a lets just do this and see what happens type event, like monday night :P

The zone had many surprises for us to encounter, and we definitely were not prepared for them. Right now, I'm confident, and I am fully prepared for what i have determined to be STAGE 1 and STAGE 2.... what lies past azhaq, is still a mystery, and i look forward to finding out.

so......basically, you'll be coming in, at zero points, with the exception of enth and dartan, who, for all their hard work and sacrifice, will have a slight advantage in the first ever zone split, and I will take one eq for myself. My point total will be set to 0 for the completion of this run, with the assumption that me claiming an object is equal to a first round win.

I hope this does not upset people too much.

This concludes my long winded post, and though things may change in the future, this is how i plan on handling our first run, sunday, november 11th, 9am pst/noon est.......

I hope to see you there!

@Gerin
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: BAHAMUT FIRST EVER RUN!

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm

There are up to 5 ways into Bahamut as we open up the planes.

1. Astral. Look for the Astral Guardian room (U-shape on the mini-map when you are near it) and go 3n;enter pool;look for up exit on the grid (looks like a >) and then go all up all south, then navigate to the group.
2. Fire plane portal: Go to smoke, go onto Jet, run to the other safe room and portal is there
3. Air plane portal: Go to smoke, go to air, go 2eu, enter portal
4. Earth plane portal: It's at the magma plane entrance so you either navigate earth or magma and go through there
5. Water plane portal: water plane is big so need to drop coins and leave a trail

Give people bonus points for running back most of the time if they are a non-healer in the first couple of runs before we get these down to lower deaths. I'm guessing you won't have healers engage in the 4 tower boss fights, azhaq which are all the hardest fights. Patrols, entry, and the adult dragon clears would have it.

Or just up the # of clerics in the group to make the run go faster or let shamans raise dead too.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vooku
Sojourner

Postby Vooku » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Sounds fair to me. Thanks for stepping up and leading it. I hope to be there.
Vooku (50 Barb Shammy)
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 am

per dalar's post, i want to respond.

I do not want people running in on their own, 1 room away from entry has a mob who's shout will clump the 3 groups of mobs which I am fearing the most of all things, aside from azhaq.

basically, the following is what i ask for:

If you get left, don't move, I will come back for you.

If you you die, stay in fugue

If i ask you to do something, plz do it! I have all my strategies worked out for what I have seen of the zone

Don't do things on your own, or roam around, we are only as strong as when we are all together, this is gonna be a real group, not small group, no need for small group warfare. I need everyone, in the group, fighting together, the faster they die, the faster we win!

1 addendum to my preferred group posted above......one of the 2-3 1-2 3-4 slots, can be filled with an elementalist, def could come in handy, i know combat luring is something I do plan on putting into motion for a specific section.

that is all

In the immortal words of President Donald Trump......because the saying is bound to be his tag-line for generations.......not to mention it fits with how i'm feeling.........Trust me, I'll be good!
nilanstabby
Sojourner

Postby nilanstabby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Hi

Sounds like a great adventure and very fair.

Looking forward to it, even if it will be pretty painful for Nilan

Cyas for adventures & fun

-Nilan
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:19 am

so here is the finishing points totals, for all those who came, i hope!

vanik - 0
@baram - 0
@kaern - 0
@flib - 0
@verarb - 0
@zarel - 0
@banducci - 0
edog - 0
@sipes - 0
@gerin - 0
@areh - 0
@enth - 50
@mung - 0
@oteb - 100
@frodopodo - 100
@syrac - 100
rodhal - 100
@toraza - 75
@jasix - 100
@riwer - 100
@hibiddy - 75
@azralek - 100
@nekler - 100
@dartan - 125
@hue - 100
@vooku - 50
@kayos - 100
@diel - 50
@hatan - 50
@jacob - 75

okay, that's all those i believe, added account name for those in katumi for ease of future fun

congrats to winners, and we might need to rethink 3rd round being loss of any points, but i still feel 50 outside, 50 inside is somewhat fair, thanks all for coming, and hope you didn't walk away too upset, we won, so yeah us! just trying to mirror tia splits, as being the only other > 15 man zone in game

gerin
Last edited by Larem on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nilanstabby
Sojourner

Postby nilanstabby » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:36 am

Was a great lead bro and super fun adventure :)

-Nilan
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 am

I was able to look into the vault before the crash. There was a hood and horn and blade first kill but we got ring/longbow/flute this time

The following items exist in the group cache for Willow, you Idiot!:
Hilgur a rich gold scale
a rich gold scale
a brilliant blue dragon mask
a rune etched dragonscale of incarnadine hue
a heavy flail of meteoric iron
a belt of black dragon scales
a belt of mercury dragon scales
some sleeves of gold dragon scales
a crown of the death dragon
an orb of blue dragonkind
a ring of wizardry
a fine silk haversack stitched with platinum thread
a celestial longbow of carved yew wood
a mithril flute with silver inlays
a vial of Bahamut's blessing

a brilliant blue dragon mask -

some sleeves of gold dragon scales mages only ac 10 5%poison 20hp 5sfele
a belt of black dragon scales - ac 10 25hp 5sfnecro 5%cold mage types only
a belt of mercury dragon scales - ac 15 5% poison, slowpoison, 25hp 5maxagi !w!t, procs invis (cd 15s)
a crown of the death dragon - !good !c!t!m ac 10 30hp 6dam 5% breaths, and a modify threat proc'
a rune etched dragonscale of incarnadine hue - di senselife, ac 8 5%fire 3dam 4maxagi !c!m
flail, !w!t!m, 3d6 6% 2x, 5 hit, 5 sf healing, sonic, sonic burst, keen, thundering, force, combat special empyrean malediction
orb, mages only ac 15 10% electric, 35 hp 8sf enchantment, power: dragons orb hallucinatory terrain....it's a shield and the proc is a 12 min cooldown, camou/hide
ring, mages only 80 hp -10ac, special effects eldritch thought (mems one spell, only tested 2x ticks of it)
lareth good rogue bard mage only, 4d4 5/5 flaming flamingburst keen, critrange 9% haste
haversack is a component bag container, 2000 lbs, 1000 wt.0 ac -5 25moves nobits
longbow is 4d6 6/6 holy holyburst, !evil 2h
flute, bards only, 35hp 50mana, qual-12 stut-10 minlevel 45
vial is vit enlarge dscales, lvl 59 !evil
chalice is neverending water
'mask is ac 10 10%electric 20 hp 8sfhealing priests only that can be returned with a spark from a rare champion for an upgrade (don't know full reward)

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
i982
Sojourner

Postby i982 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm

first of all i want to congratulate @gerin on a fantastic lead and run for a first time clear on bahamut.

next id like to apologize to everyone present at the event for acting like an asshole over the loot rules.
i have no excuse for it. i didnt read the post fully and honestly should have just been happy to experience the first ever run.

lastly i would like to thank those that helped @gerin learn all he could to help make the zone a little smoother!

thanks to @gerin for letting me come along. and again congratulations to @gerin and everyone else who got some spiffy new stuff!

Thank You,
Areh
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

something i musta spaced on when i id'd the tooth, i'll post here, i don't know how i missed it in the id :P

You feel informed:
Name 'a dragontooth of Lareth'
Keyword 'dragontooth tooth lareth', Item type: WEAPON
Item can be worn on: WIELD
Item will give you following abilities: HASTE
Item is: MAGIC BLESS ANTI-EVIL ANTI-NEUTRAL FLOAT NOBURN NOLOCATE NO-WARRIOR NO-CLERIC NOBITS
Weight: 2, Value: 333300
Type: Rapier Class: Martial
Damage: 4D4 Crit Range: 9% Crit Bonus: 2x
Enchantments:
Type: Flaming Damage: 100% Frequency: 100% Modifier: 0 Duration: 0
Type: Flaming Burst Damage: 100% Frequency: 100% Modifier: 0 Duration: 0
Type: Keen Damage: 100% Frequency: 100% Modifier: 0 Duration: 0

Powers: Breath of Lareth, Protection of Lareth, Roar of Lareth
Can affect you as :
Affects : HITROLL By 5
Affects : DAMROLL By 5

Name : Breath of Lareth
Alias : bol
Type : Melee
Attack Type : Auto
Target : Offense, Character in room
Recharge : 2 minutes
Restrictions : Standing, Can See
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Target Effect : Modify strength by -119 for 30 seconds
Save versus breath to avoid

(it's ray)

Name : Roar of Lareth
Alias : rol
Attack Type : Auto
Target : Offense
Recharge : 1 minute
Restrictions : Can See
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Effect : Add shaken condition for 12 seconds

(never seen this actually do anything)

Name : Protection of Lareth
Alias : pol
Target : Self
Recharge : 2 minutes
Restrictions : Standing
Self Effect : Add target hitroll trigger effect for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify target hitroll by -2 for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify save paralysis by -2 for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify save rod by -2 for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify save petrification by -2 for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify save breath by -2 for 30 seconds
Self Effect : Modify save spell by -2 for 30 seconds

(my hitroll isn't affected, can't target mob with it, but the saves do show)

not sure how i missed those powers when i id'd it :P sorry!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Name 'a flute of mead'
Keyword 'mead flute rejuvenate', Item type: POTION
Item can be worn on: NOBITS
Item will give you following abilities: NOBITS
Item is: NOBITSNOBITS
Weight: 1, Value: 50000
Level 50 spells of:
rejuvenate major

Name 'a plate of celestial bison stew'
Keyword 'stew plate celestial bison enlarge', Item type: POTION
Weight: 1, Value: 20000
Level 50 spells of:
enlarge

Name 'a dish of ambrosia'
Keyword 'ambrosia dish vitality', Item type: POTION
Weight: 1, Value: 25000
Level 50 spells of:
vitality

Name 'a vial of tiny gems'
Keyword 'vial tiny gems dispelmagic', Item type: POTION
Weight: 1, Value: 7500
Level 50 spells of:
dispel magic

Name 'a bowl of celestial shark soup'
Keyword 'soup bowl celestial shark waterbreath', Item type: POTION
Weight: 1, Value: 6000
Level 50 spells of:
water breathing

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”